the Rift

Can you feel the love? [Birth ~ Mauja]

Seiren Posts: 43
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5
Adoptable
[Image: seirentablr.png]
Seiren

In the coolness of the dying day, the sun slowly creeping back into the shadows, a breeze whistled through the forest and pierced the petite ears of the clouded vixen. Her body heavy with her unborn, weak from carrying the weight to and fro every corner of the lands. She silently cursed herself, throwing obscenities and blasphemy into her mind that was curling and twisting in frustration. The dry herbage sought no refuge for her tired daggers, wearing themselves down into the ground. Within her whirlwind of staggered emotions she could feel the breeze tousling her silks and pulling her down. Or was it the pain? The pain had begun to cling to her sweating pelt, biting at her with the ferociousness of a predator.

Seiren was then unable to keep her whimpers silent, every so often letting out a small snort of pain. Why did it have to be today of all days, she thought coldly. Unlike the do-gooders of the Edge herd that were too nice for their own good, the pretty, sinister femme was not going to take this as pay back for a beautiful child. It was an inconvience, particularly considering what she had had to do to get into this sitatuation. Was it all in vain? Pushing these thoughts aside she concentrated on keeping on her pillars, they were sturdy but did not feel strong enough to take the situation. The elements were playing their part, keeping Seiren fairly cool but didn't refrain the sweat from pouring out of her. W

With one final scream of pain that could have woken up the entire land, she fell to the ground, reaching out with her daggers and pulling in the terra firma from underneath her through moments of respite from the pain. Why now?! she repeated to herself, before feeling herself go numb and quiet...

*AFTER BIRTH*

The piercing whinnies of an unfamiliar voice brought her back to the surface. The petite warrioress felt the weight disappear from her, and in triumph she stood back upon her daggers, and turned to face the new voice. It was her child. Her Ghost. In awe and bewilderment, with feelings that nothing could describe, she took in the appearance. The little filly was of a striking charcoal pelt, even underneath her newly born appearance this was clear. Her horn peeked through, but as of yet bore no real character. This will emerge in time she almost hoped. Cloven onyx daggers and obsidian orbs that were similar to Seiren's, but there was something else that caught her gaze - wings. Oh shit! The shock and shame of the feature caught her off guard, and in the midst of the moment the clouded dame threw up her crown and and snorted. What am I going to do? Her thoughts wandered to the rest of the herd, and by doing so herself. They were horned creatures, no wretched wings or anything associated with the lower species.

Slowly she reached in to her child, unable to hide a feeling of disgust swell within her. Wings, fucking wings!
"I can't do this." Her decision was made, as much as the mother-child bond sealed them together, the vixen could not handle the fact that she was bringing an impure creature into the herd.

colourize-stock @ deviantart | lindalees @ deviantart
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
A call unlike any he had ever heard stirred him from his rest. It was a pained cry, the call of someone in agony, but nothing in the vicinity smelled of blood or pre-death. Blinking in the burnished orange glow of sunset Mauja tried to pinpoint the sound. Whatever - whoever - it was, it was a large chance that it was someone in his herd. And.. if something had happened... He had to know. Had to be there. Had to help. Growling, he clawed his way from sleep and shook his large head, horn glowing in the dying light. With sleep still heavy and cold in his muscles Mauja took it at an easy trot at first, desperate to reach the source yet not willing to make himself useless by pulling a muscle. The closer he came, shifting through the trees and dragging the mist with him, the more the scent became one he knew: birth. Was it Lotus, then, giving their child life? Or Seiren, with her unknown father? They had seemed to be about as far in as the other, so it could be either, and the to him alien scent made him want to not breathe. It was hard to peg it as either one mare or the other, and it wasn't until he came into view that he knew for sure.

Seiren - her shady, willowy form covered in drying sweat. She looked well, though, touching the obsidian form of her daughter. Mauja's eyes roved onto it, the finely shaped head and the protruding horn, down her neck and onto her shoulders... A mass of black, white and red feathers greeted him, slowing his trot to a hesitant, morbidly curious walk. For a few seconds all he felt was wonder, amazement at how something so thoroughly malformed had been placed in Seiren's womb and birthed on his very lands - but then a deep, rolling rage unfolded itself in his gut. Seiren. A filly. Wings. "Serien," he hissed, something icy in his voice. "What is the meaning of this?!" There was no mistaking the cold, hard edge of anger in his eyes, the lines of tension under his skin marking his taut muscles - what the hell had happened here? Why had Seiren given birth to an otherwise beautiful daughter, only for it to have wings? Was it just a cruel, sick twist of fate?

He brought his smoldering eyes onto hers, staring fearlessly into those dark, obscured pools. He wanted an explanation, and a damn good one, and he wanted it now.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Outcast
Adoptable
Seiren

As she began to circle the foal, curious as to what exactly it was she had been foolish enough to create, it stirred and a figure appeared in the vicinity. It was Mauja. The proud stature of her King stood there, gazing with his icy pools upon her daughter, investigating every feature of the creature. It was only when his orbs had caught sight of the monstrosity that were her wings, she saw the rage seeping from every corner of his mammoth mass. Oh shit. She braced herself for a bollocking, knowing that what she had done would come with a price. It was something that from the moment she had done the deed with that foolish bird-like creature, she knew the consequences.

Keeping as calm as the breeze that was but a whistle in the distance, the silence was broken with the voice of a majorly hacked off brute. The way that he said her name almost broke her poise, almost forcing her into a scrunch of flesh and bones to try and escape the furious gaze. But this was Seiren. The cruel femme was not going to be bullied into submission. She was stronger than that, and simply thought quickly and sharply at what her answer would be. An explanation was what the alabaster and charcoal beast wanted, and that is what he would get - a good one. It was no good just to tell him that she had become bored and wanted fun; no. I have to be clever about this. And then - LIGHTBULB!
Mauja, my King..." she hesitated, with some regret in her voice, I was forced into it, by that fool that thought he was a bird." The perfect answer, yes? But deep down she knew that she regretted everything. Being burdened with the weight of keeping another life as well as her own, particularly one that could cast her out of the herd was too much. The sinister dame imagined the reaction of her wretched brother, d'Artagnan. If he found out she had become the mother of a half-breed, it could spell disaster to her plans she was slowly leading up to. How could she torture and kill him if she wasn't part of the Edge?

And so it was decided. With a flash of mind and a flick of her pale tail silks, Seiren knew what she had to do. "I can't do this. I must stay with the herd, even if it means I have to get rid of this." She gestured disgustingly towards the filly, that stirred every now and again. It appeared that the little onyx was wanting milk from her mother, but as much as the frosted vixen wanted to, she knew it could lose her place in the Edge. She was torn.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
He felt cold - not in the way the skin chilled in winter, or even the numbness of shock. He felt as cold and unyielding as stone, as the glaciers themselves, a single blue flame burning in the night without giving off heat. Rather, the opposite. Draining it from the world. That Seiren - a trusted warrior - had somehow brought this to be... It was mind-boggling, stunning, infuriating. The filly seemed to seek Seiren's teats, but so far the mare kept her away. No doubt repulsed by what had happened, or at least, so he hoped. But there were only nightmares and death in her obsidian eyes, and with everything that had happened recently, he found himself wondering what it was - truth, or just a show, put on for him? She was quiet for a few seconds, and in that silence he heard his own heart thunder with quiet fury. He did not know what to feel. He'd always been one to think an offspring not responsible for its parents follies; the one he wished to punish was not the filly, but the mother. Seiren. She had done this. Mauja wanted nothing to do with the girl, but she was innocent. The only thing she'd managed to accomplish was being born, yucky stuff still covering her. It looked like Seiren hadn't had time to clean her off even, or not wanted to. His blue eyes narrowed as the cursed mother began speaking, but he found himself unable to accept it or believe it. He didn't know what to think at all.

"You're telling me that my warrior could not even fight off a fucking rapist Pegasus?" he hissed mercilessly at her. Being one who had mounted mares, he knew of the stallion's vulnerability when rearing up - how you exposed your belly, inviting in a good buck towards your sensitive hind legs. Trying to rape was asking for having internal bleeding in your abdomen or shattered legs. And Seiren - a warriors! - couldn't fight off a lousy Pegasus birdbrain? She seemed to know her errors though, saying that she couldn't leave the herd, that she had to get rid of the foal.

It should've been easy. It should've just been to kill the thing here and now. And in all honesty, if he'd done it, he wouldn't have had bad dreams about it. The reasons that he did not were skewered, and with coldness in his eyes he gazed upon the pleading Seiren. He couldn't let the foal stay. But he could not let her forget her weakness either. "Nurse her," he commanded her, something cold in his voice. She'd better not refuse. "You've forgotten much, Seiren, if you let a filthy Pegasus have his way with you. Let this thing be a reminder, lest you forget again." He couldn't keep them here. Couldn't let them stay. "Once she's strong enough, get out of my sight. Don't come back until you've proved yourself to me again - I don't care what you do with the girl, but if you kill her, you've failed." He narrowed his eyes at her, clicking his teeth together. "And don't ever forget that you're a unicorn warrior again."

The little Ghost would serve as a reminder for Seiren for all time. With a last disgusted look in their direction, he prepared to turn and walk away.

( basically he thinks that Ghost should serve as a reminder for Seiren at how she erred, and that by killing Ghost she'll just hide from/deny the problem instead of facing it. Mauja's got a twisty moral. xD )
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Outcast
Adoptable
Seiren

The way that Mauja's gaze smoldered onto her pelt made the clouded femme want to crawl back into her own little hole and forget the whole episode. It was enough for her to feel obliged simply to abandon the little half-breed scrap, but instead she kept her cool display, hiding most of her emotion. It was not like she was literally going to crawl into a hole, no - Seiren was braver than that, surely? The little filly continued to seek her motherly sympathy but she continuously pushed it away. The dark foal had caused enough problems, and by interacting with it could mean bonding with it. A big mistake, she thought cruelly. A cold feeling swept over her as she could still feel her King's mammoth size growing ever larger upon her, it was her fault. Her sinister schemes brought her to this, and now Seiren could not understand whether it was her being judged, or her daughter.

The bitter tone of the alabaster brute's voice bellowed over the short distance between them, catching the clouded warrioress off guard slightly. His obscene way with words was something she welcomed, it was good for the soul she mused. You're telling me that my warrior could not even fight off a fucking rapist pegasus? The words swirled round her head as she calculated the best response. Yes, rape was a lie, but she was hardly going to tell her superior, her King, that she had willingly done it. It would have been suicide to even imply such a thing. But the pale creature knew that it was pretty difficult for any brute to throw themselves on a mare, no matter how strong they were. Think, think!

Silently, the sly damsel watched him intently, seeking out any form of respite from his flaming rage. The monochrome King was not taking kindly to this situation, and she didn't blame him. A half-breed in the World's Edge herd was insane! With a dip of her pretty crown, she stared through obsidian pools, clouded with mixed emotions,
"Wings are not to be underestimated, Mauja. They are a powerful weapon for anyone that has skill in using them." Her answer came swiftly, in a deeper tone than usual, but nonetheless ringing with full matter-of-fact ringing.

It then dawned upon the clouded femme what she would do. She was not accustomed to looking after anyone, being part of a herd was not something she took politely to, nevermind looking after a foal. She turned her gaze onto her daughter, shaking in the pale light, still unfed and covered in her capsule of yuck. Glancing menacingly at the wings that adorned what would be the pretty frame of her daughter, it felt like this was her sentencing. Being trapped with something that could destroy her life. And particularly something that that twat d'Art could torment her for. I can not fucking do this! And then it hit her from the outside, a massive blow: Mauja's words, Nurse her. It could have pushed her into an entire rage, but she settled down with a faint irate behaviour, shaking from bottling it up. She had to do as her royal superior demanded of her, or else, as he said, she would fail. Picking herself up and bracing herself, Seiren met his gaze with expressionless onyx pools, "As you wish, Mauja. This is a ghost of my past, and I will not forget, you have my word."

He began to pick his way away from the mother-daughter duo, and all she could do nothing but watch helplessly. She couldn't return to her herd, to the Edge that was her home. Instead she had to look after this thing somewhere else, far away. Proceeding to turn away, she snorted impolitely to the ghost of her, who was still shaking. And so began to nurse her, tending to her little needs. "I suppose I should name you something other than Thing..." she spat in a softer, darker voice to the little foal. She suddenly had an epiphany; Ghost. It suited the wretched creature perfectly, "Ghost it is." The little thing responded well to her, and Seiren began to soften, much to her own surprise. I guess I must, if I am to tie myself to you, she chirped to herself.

[OOC: Seiren is going to travel in the Wilds for a bit, may even ask for refuge from one of the other herds if they will accept her, more for some support than anything, and perhaps to gather some information for Mauja to get back in his good books hehee]