the Rift

[OPEN] The world moves on [HERD MEETING]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It didn't take long for kin to start making their way in. Ghost arrived first, punctual, I glanced her way and offered a polite nod. She wasn’t a very talkative girl, a trait that I was most grateful for. Kiara, our mild tempered medic arrived next, her bonded panther was close on heel. I lingered on the pair for a moment, nearly beaming with the knowledge that said spotted girl would be rewarded for past services today.

Yet another mare comes quickly after Kiara, she stands out from the dark and sandy pelts of those around her. I was glad to see Reizend and more than willingly returned that timid smile that teases milky lips apart for the faintest of moments.

Delinne emerges, successfully breaking the false peace with conversation directed toward Kiara. Wilibald joined our gathering and I nodded his way, wondering how easily the stout pony had taken to his godly position. Our Legatus came wandering in, followed by one of our mason’s, Cashmere. She’d been of great service to this family, both she and Elsa had taken up the responsibility of Earth Mason rather quickly and effectively. Our first of three prison cells were nearing completion.

Satanic Silk is a welcome sight when he trails in, I return that dipped crown with a gracious bend of my own. Rising to grin at the leather winged man. We’d overcome our differences and stood as true brothers now. The ice woman came forward next, Elsa, drawing closer to stand near Cashmere.

Another mare joined our group, her face familiar only by the fact she’d attended our last herd meeting. Ciceron our capable third in command and a youthful warrior from Delinne’s loins arrives moments later. The flow of bodies is slowing now, only a few more souls come trailing in. All silent, all waiting.

Oxy and Hawkeye are the last two stallions to join this gathering. When Florabella arrives the flow of bodies seemed to cease altogether.

“Welcome,” I started, tapping one forehoof against the solid gray slate below as an effective way to grab attention. Seele hadn’t emerged yet—the young co-lead was likely recovering from injuries sustained during her last confrontation. “Our first matter of business is one to honor those among our ranks.” Concentrated stare falls upon Cashmere and Elsa, “Ye two have served your family well as Masons. The first holding cell nears completion. I thank ye both for your efforts and that of our Artisan ranks.”

“Cashmere,” centering on the gray lass I allowed the composed lines of my face to relax into a small smile, “Earth has seen fit to reward ye—when this meeting concludes, visit the Storyteller’s pool. I believe thee will find a gift from our patron god resting near the water.”

Gaze turned toward our healer, “Kiara, ye has also served us well and your actions have been noted.” I called upon my magic spools. Sand flowed from behind my quarters and curled across hindlegs like slithering vines, one such strand trailed beneath the waves of feathers which rested just below my nape. Hidden behind the ivory was a precious feather, a dark feather, one from Earth’s very wing. “This is for ye,” golden granules curled the plume toward her feet, releasing it gently upon the ground before retreating back into the soil from whence it had been called. Flowers of the most vibrant color sprang from where the feather stuck.

There was one more who'd been called out, I paused, gazing across the crowd. Wilibald was where my eyes settled, “My brother, Wilibald.” The hardness in unpupiled pits softened, “Our patron god has a special mission for ye, visit his shrine when it suits ye.”

Rewards had been dealt out, and now came for the less appealing topics of this meeting. “There have been rumors floating around, and I would put them to light and truth.” I didn’t know how many or even if any was involved in the recent unsettling, “As some of ye might have heard, Eris and Circuta have been stripped of their positions and banished from the herd. Seele fought Circuta in battle and sustained mild injuries—this is likely the cause of her absence today.” Vocals paused, halting their vibrations to become callous in my next statement, “They were banished on charges of betrayal and insubordination.”

There is another breath, a chance for my still new and growing family to take in this information before I dive into another topic.

“There has also been talk of Basin interaction and of forming an alliance with the northern unicorns. I bring this to ye after holding palaver with Seele for many long hours.” Aye, we’d talked and came to an agreement, “It is not in the best interest of this family to share close ties with the northern folk. They’ve done nothing in the past or present to prove beyond the waggling of tongues that their aid would serve us in times of need.”

“I bring instead a proposition; let us seek to mend bonds with those who title themselves edge and dragon folk, who have proven time and time again to stand true in moments of strife.”
Tone softened into a lull, I spoke quietly though deep enough for all too easily understand what followed, “What say ye about this? For our decision is not something I would see taken lightly, and if there is information that will aid in the furthering our choice, speak now.” Surely they wouldn’t be so blind as to trust Basin to aid anyone other than themselves.

OOC: Congrats Wilibald you've been given a VOTG pass. Cashmere has been gifted a large item and Kiara has been gifted a feather from Earth God (flowers grow from it).

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
The world moves on [HERD MEETING] - by Midas - 05-29-2014, 11:35 AM
RE: The world moves on [HERD MEETING] - by Ghost - 05-30-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: The world moves on [HERD MEETING] - by Kiara - 05-30-2014, 01:05 PM
RE: The world moves on [HERD MEETING] - by Elsa - 06-02-2014, 09:48 AM
RE: The world moves on [HERD MEETING] - by Oxy - 06-02-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: The world moves on [HERD MEETING] - by Florabella - 06-04-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: The world moves on [HERD MEETING] - by Midas - 06-08-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: The world moves on [HERD MEETING] - by Seele - 06-12-2014, 03:04 PM
RE: The world moves on [HERD MEETING] - by Ghost - 06-17-2014, 05:52 AM