the Rift

[PRIVATE] The proposition

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax
The air lurched, taking heavy turns in the strength of the storm when the wind found the will to thrash her loose curls about, slapping her in the face and threatening to rip her, the feathers in her hair, and anything else of the yearling, away in it's power and send them to the unknown. Secretly, she hoped that if it was to take her as if it was warning of doing, that she'd land in the ocean and drown in a way that would fulfill all of her desires.
Ears flickered forward, pressed onwards to the other standing before her, she searched within her heart for some sort of relief she tried to offer as she speaks of the changes of the land. She lacked many chances to see what had changed to home, to see what exactly had changed. Her time had been gathered up in weak limbs and held to tightly, using all of it to fix herself and to wallow in the muck that was spread across her heart. Her companion's smile burst in the lightning that flashed in the pale shade of her eyes.
In a split second, she saw Amara's eyes in place of Africa's, leaving her heart to twist into a knot and her throat to clasp shut. Reality was playing dirty tricks on her.
She tried to reassure herself that was what it exactly was, the single wing on the Pegasus's side a reminder that it wasn't Amara. Amara had two wings, and no bird rested upon her back.
"Uh..... Um....." Mentally, she was scrambling, unassure of what to say. Shaking her head, tossing locks of hair every which way in some sort of desperate attempt to rattle the remaining images from her head, she shut away her gaze. Particles of dust clung to her lashes as if she would give them some sort of hope for survival when the wind threw everything every which way.
"Please ignore my last words, cruel tricks are being played on me."
The words are presented in such a way that she tries to get it out of the other's mind(if it was residing there) and see it as something that was nothing out of the oridinary. She's fast on her feet to regather her thoughts and sweep over the last spoken words of their conversation so that she could give a response.
"If there is anything that I can do to help, either it be personal or for the sake of the herd, don't hesitate to ask.
"There's a little place in my heart that believes we can piece our alliance with the World's Edge together again. The two families were close when I came here, when the night had no end, and I doubt they'd be aggressive if we tried to put things back to the way that they once were."

An apology was exchanged, accepted in a way that Sikeax felt that she could not come to accept it. Her friend had a high status, one that left her with issues and things to do that she couldn't even begin to think over what they may be. The response returned was nothing but a smile and a carefree laugh, having found no harm in the other's inability to help.
"I find no harm in it. You have a lot of things to do and I can understand that. Sacre was more than enough to help shift through the rubble and find what I was looking for. Thank you, though. You were the one to greet me when I came home torn to pieces, and the first to offer help when I needed it the most. That's what matters the most to me."
The offer that comes next is one that surprises her, something she found herself having a hard time trying to grasp. A smile slipped across her face, a steady warmth filling her heart. Such an offer had never been given to her when she was younger, now that she had such a chance at what she had come to the Throat to do, the feeling that she carried the night that her father came with her returned.
She'd came looking for a chance at learning something to make her life out of, instead, she found herself in a home she would consider permanent, a family, and friends. It had no longer become a place that she could reside in for a period of time, it was a place she'd be fine being in till the day death came to take her soul.
"I'm afraid it's no longer than need to learn, which I do wish to, but more of wanting to give back to those who have given me so much in the short amount of time that I've been here. I'd be more than honoured to take an apprenticeship."

In winter, so voices are like coats - Mosteghanemi
Image Credit
This beautiful table courtesy of the lovely Sevin

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
The proposition - by Africa - 05-29-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: The proposition - by Sikeax - 05-29-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: The proposition - by Africa - 05-30-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: The proposition - by Sikeax - 06-01-2014, 03:37 PM