the Rift

[OPEN] Name

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Whatever you do, never question the thoughts of a snake. Or so the lesson was teaching him. Even the slightest hint that this poor dun’s snake was imagining things caused both creatures to start and reel. For a moments, the hint of danger rising from such a large brute and his pet snake made that golden liars skin bubble with anticipation. It had been two years since he fought a good fight, so there was no expectation to win. He could run though. The forest was thick behind him, yes it would do well. Still there was a clinching of Thranduil’s thoughts when he slipped there. Apparently whatever bond was held between the fire bird and snake was stronger than realized, and after the previous pep talk, the golden shifted with frustration. Damn snake. The golden son could handle equines, unicorns, and pegasi, but all these creatures and their damn pets were down right frustrating. Honestly, if he was king around here he’d ban the things.

The tension eased under the dun’s broken speech. Perhaps Thranduil would not have to slip in the woods after all. Golden body unhinged slightly. With a rather tense tone the golden let slip. “Mara is wise it seems.” A grin afterwards tried to prove sincerity where his tone lacked. The snake was small, but it was still a snake. Still he had proposed an offer to the dun, which seemed to change the mood of the meeting again to its more civil front.

Well shit. How did you do that?! Thranduil would like to know himself. Luckily he wasn’t a slow beast and smiled pleasantly back at the eager dun. Without much hesitation the golden smooth talked slightly. “It is rather simple my friend.” For it is nothing at all. Nothing is rather simple. “I will get my things from my den.” Spanish head dipped to the flame winged and the black one which rested in its antlers before turning and slipping back into shadows of the stone. He’d bought time, now to buy some magic.

Standing alone in the cool of the stone the earth eyes looked out to the dense forest. How easily he could slip away and leave the dun standing there waiting. The golden had not been expecting the creature to take him up literally on the offer, and it was a fool’s notion to try and make that brute think about thinking. Creatures like to hear what they want to hear remember? And that black wings brute want to hear a quick solution. Easy and done. Not some long babbling lesson of how to ignore other creatures. The forest and escape called. Ah, but if he left now, there would be unease. A ruse would be discovered and the last thing the golden wanted was that winged creature hunting him.

Searching out the round building he found little. Great. But there was a cloth. Lips curled in an idea, and tasseled tail lashed out with eagerness. Taking some of the cloth which had fallen away he moved back the opening and the waiting dun. In the sun the cloth was a pretty dark blue, but was indeed slightly stained from years of hanging. The golden placed it before the black winged one and with a more serious face addressed his patient. “This cloth was given to me by my tutor and he from the Gods. I will place it over your’s and Mara’s head and let the magic do as it will.” The magic of illusion, lies, trickery, and all manner of wonderful things. The golden spider continued. “It will protect you, and you will hear only the truth. All lies will fall deaf on your ears, but it will only last for one cycle of the fair moon.” He looked more concerned to the snake. “I have never used it on companions though, but the magic which bonds you is older than mine, so it may over ride this act. You will still speak freely to each other.” That would keep back fires like the previous one from arising again. Clever thought the golden. “You will hear a clack after I cover your eyes and it will be done. I must warn you though…” He looked more serious and solemn. “…many find the experience strange, so I must make a request of you dear Gaucho and Mara.” Earth eyes pleaded, mind grinned with a dash of malice. “Whatever occurs because of this, I beg you not to find a fight with me after. I do not control what you hear or do not hear, I merely offer this magic I hold so as to ease you. I ask that you do not harm the helping hand if it pains you to help you stand.” Or if it stabs the knife in your back.

OOC ::
"speech"
@[Gaucho]

Yes wear these invisible clothes my king,
They are the latest trend.
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
Name - by Gaucho - 05-29-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Name - by Thranduil - 05-29-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: Name - by Gaucho - 05-31-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: Name - by Thranduil - 06-03-2014, 10:55 PM
RE: Name - by Gaucho - 06-09-2014, 10:10 AM
RE: Name - by Thranduil - 06-12-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: Name - by Gaucho - 06-18-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Name - by Thranduil - 06-28-2014, 09:44 PM
RE: Name - by Gaucho - 07-06-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Name - by Thranduil - 07-06-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Name - by Gaucho - 07-12-2014, 08:40 PM