the Rift

Looking For A New Life [open, anyone]

Arabella Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The rain had finally stopped, the clouds parting to let the suns rays shine through. Standing in the small patches of sun was indeed a relief of the cold. This break in weather was enough to perk up a lonely mare. Arabella kicked into a fast paced trot, her hooves sinking into the wet mud, the blades of grass brushing up against her and dampening her legs as she went. With ears pricked intently forward, it was hard to mistake her for anything other than happy.

Her velvety nostrils flared with all the new scents of the grounds. Many other equines were here, or had been here at some point. Her lips parted for a moment as she emitted a low, almost fearful nicker as she trotted. A slight slip in the mud caused her lose her balance and nearly fall to her knees. Arabella gave an embarrassed snort and hastily straightened herself up.

Looking up and around at the surroundings of the forest she whinnied, louder this time to signal her position to any nearby equines. This was a good place to start a new life. Or so she hoped.

Rehovah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Rehovah let out a loud groan.Ugh,the rain and wind had stopped!"Why Sun God,"she whispered."Do you make everything warm and sunny?"Ree loved rain and wind.It helped her fly,it made her cool.Speaking of fly.....Ree galloped for a few yards before launching herself into the air.Rehovah sighed happily,ecspecially since it was cooler up in the sky.

She passed birds and hawks.Ree loved the sky.It was cool and windy and it made her float on the air.She suddenly spotted a mare with her chocolatey eyes.She swished her long white tail and shook her windblown white mane,a little annoyed at the mare for ruining her perfect moment.But,after all,Rehovah loved to meet new people,wasn't this her chance?

Rehovah stopped moving her wings,gliding and using them like a parachute as she started to land.When she finally felt firm ground under her hooves,she took advantage of it galloping quickly to where the mare stood and suddenly skidding to a halt."Hellos,"Rehovah said."I am Rehovah.And you?Are you new?"Ree had never seen this mare.She wondered if she was new or an outcast.

Unregistered
Arabella was startled by the sudden entrance of the Pegasus and quickly backed up a few steps, churning up the mud beneath her. "God!" she panted, ears pinned firmly against her head "Don't do that!". After glaring at the intruder for a moment she softened her gaze and flicked her ears forward again.
"Sorry; I'm Arabella" she felt quite embarrassed about shouting at Rehovah, especially after she'd been so nice "I'm new to this land, yes. I've come here wanting to start over"

She took a proper look at the mare now, who had a coat of immaculately kept pure ivory, apart from the mud which now stained her hooves and fetlocks. Though the sun had come out, the wind was blowing hard, making Arabella shiver. What she would do for a her mother to huddle up to right now. "Do you have a herd?" she asked Rehovah. She'd never seen a Pegasus before, only heard stories, and was curious about them and their lifestyles.

Rehovah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Ree smiled at her curious,childish behavior.You really couldn't help but like her.She was a unicorn,Rehovah was a pegasus.That was why Arabella was so curious.Perhaps she had never seen a pegasus."Pleased to meet you,"Ree said."And no,I don't have a herd but I and my mate are awaiting acceptance into the Dragon's Throat herd.The trouble is,I am a pegasus,but Quiach,my mate,is a unicorn.The Throat herd will accept unicorns but Quiach is so withdrawn and quiet....I don't think they will accept him."

"And I'm sorry that I scared you,"Rehovah said quietly.The threshold became still...a little too still.Rehovah sighed.Where was her mate at this hour?Perhaps hidden in a cave working on some zany new experiment.Rehovah smiled at the thought of Quiach.She and Quiach were both extremely curious.They both wanted to see the world,to discover things.But Ree wanted to meet more people.Quiach wanted to stay quiet.But Rehovah had her quiet side too.

There was so much to learn in the world.So much to see,so much to do.Could Rehovah ever see it all?She certainly wished to.

Alan Posts: 28
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10
Adoptable
The first snippets of their conversation she heard wasn't exactly pleasing. ".. into the Dragon's Throat herd. The trouble is, I am a pegasus, but Quiach, my mate, is a unicorn..." A-b-o-m-i-n-a-b-l-e! How? How?! Who in their right mind would ever do such a thing? Alan fumed silently as she marched through the bushes; whoever that Quiach was, he was a lost cause, especially if he was mates with a freakin' Pegasus! It hurt even to think about, and with something decidedly vicious and no-nonsense in her militaristic step she swept onto the scene. She hadn't even bothered to listen to the rest of this Rehovah's statement - just took in her short, ivory frame with a single glance before clicking her teeth at her. "You, skyrat! Get lost!" Leonine tail flashed around Alan's hocks, and with a snort she turned her back in Rehova's direction, trying to shield the little funny-spotted mare from view. The harsh wind blew in her face, but she didn't care. "Looking for a home, dear?" she cooed in a mildly deranged way, though there was something genuinely warm in her amber eyes despite the rude way she dealt with the sky filth. Winged vermin, she thought, fighting the urge to hiss and kick out in case she didn't get herself lost anytime soon. "Because I can provide you with one, where you'll be in good, safe company, far away from all those ugly cretins," and Alan's ears fell back and she aimed a very sharp glance in the direction of Rehovah. Impossible to mistake what she was talking about, really.

Unregistered
Arabella pricked her ears forward at Rehovah, listening to her as best she could in the strong winds that made her mane and tail flail madly around her. She shifted her weight from one side to the other as she had begun to sink in the moist earth. How the mare wished she had waited a couple more seasons to make her journey, when the lands were much warmer.

She frowned slightly when the Pegasus said she didn't have a herd, she'd fled to these lands in hope of finding one, and so far, nothing but a friendly passer by. She was also rather shocked to hear about her unicorn mate, not that she was totally against it, but she thought of it as quite unnatural.

"I'm sure you two will-" Arabella didn't get to finish her sentence she was distracted by a tall unicorn striding over to them. She walked quickly and with purpose in her step, almost strutting. The bay's thick ebony mane swirled in a strong gust of air, making her look incredibly powerful.

She flicked her ears back and uttered a barely audible nicker of confusion at the random shouting of abuse at the kind Rehovah, maybe Pegasi weren't as nice as they seemed to be? Arabella jumped as the insulter whizzed around to look at her with saffron orbs; There was something nice, calming behind them, and she felt strangely at ease with this unicorn.

"I'd be incredibly grateful if you could, yes" When asked, Arabella accepted almost instantly. She'd been invited into a real herd, and though quite anxious about it, she was incredibly happy. "May I ask your name?"

Alan Posts: 28
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10
Adoptable
At least it had a brain, or a sense of self-preservation. With little protest the white pegasus fled the scene, leaving Alan alone with the spotted mare. A snort left the bay unicorn, glad that the fierce wind swept away the traces of feather smell. The way she relaxed once the vermin had been dealt with was noticeable, her ears flipping forward and tail ceasing its lashing to rest gently above the ground. The little mare, whose name she did not know, seemed oddly at ease with her rude interruption, but she didn't stop to ponder it. It was a gift, and she'd take it. Firing off a rather roguish grin she gave the spotted neck a nudge, and motioned with her head for the mare to follow. Still with a fair share of force in her steps, but not nearly in as much of a rush, she started walking towards the Edge. "The World's Edge is this way, girl," she informed her protege with a flippant lash of her tail. The wind kept beating around them, trees creaking and leaves rustling; it whipped her hair into her face and eyes, but at least it was not intense enough to force them into shouting at one another. "The name's Alan. What's yours?" She'd not come early enough to catch it, but she was sort of interested in it. Alan wasn't one to socialize overly much with other mares, but it was a bit bad to show up at home and be all oh hey I found this mare, I don't know what her name is but she wants to live us. Besides, if she was rude to everyone and not just the hornless, well, then she'd discriminate everyone and be unable to call herself a proud racist. And that would be counterproductive.