the Rift

[OPEN] One of these things is not like the other...

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
AITHNIEL

Aithniel knew that Erebos' father, Deimos, was one scary man, but she didn't realize that Erebos was also the son of a general. Wow. If the God of Time had actually chosen Deimos to be a lead directly, then that practically made her new friend a blessing of the gods! She stared at Erebos in awe, silver, churning eyes wide. Okay, well he definitely trumped her "found somewhere in a field" story. Aithniel did not remember much before that - only the horrible sensation of being hungry.

The small filly listened to the stallion speak, feeling her blood boil and heart shrink all at the same time. She hated feeling this way, being told that she did not belong and that her wings made her some sort of evil. Abomination? Aithniel looked down at the soft, downy feathers of her tiny wings and swallowed, hard. But, she had done none of those things! But how could she be one of those, scary and violent pegasi if she also had horns on her head? Didn't that at least help her belong?

The thought of not being allowed to stay in her only home was heartbreaking. Would she have to leave Rikyn? Honestly, leaving Illynx wasn't much of a concern, though she should really be nicer to the mare who had saved her life. Maybe if she was nicer to Illynx, the mare would let her stay? She had brought her here, right? Aithniel would make sure to talk to her before making any decisions about her wings.

Now, suddenly feeling horribly unattractive and trapped into a corner, the second flame did not cower or weep, she got angry.

Her shield, the prince Erebos, spoke again, giving confidence to her upset, and she held her head high, inhaling deeply. Even though she felt so shaken within, the anger made the fear and anguish much less painful. While she carefully considered her words, she stretched out the very small wings. Though she did not know this, having been born from an egg, her wings would take time to develop.

Aithniel took a deep breath.

"I have horns," she said, tilting her head forward to display the two, dark nubs that were starting to grow backward from her brow. "I have hooves like Rikyn," she lifted a hoof to display her split hooves. "I even have a tail like him and his father." She flashed her lion tail around her hocks. "I have no mom and no dad. I am a creature of the earth, and maybe, if I can fly, of the sky too." She paused, trying to think desperately. "And if I can fly, then I can help, because I can reach mountain tops you can't and see for danger."

"I would never attack you, and I would never hurt anyone here. So if you and anyone else wants to kick me out when I get older, then you will have no one to blame but yourselves. I am keeping my wings, even if they will never work!" She yelled, trying to control her emotions. And though she said it, those words were only half true. She needed to talk to Illynx and Rikyn.

With those words spoken, she huffed and ran away, trying very, very hard not to cry.

Would... they really kick her out?

Image Credit

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of these things is not like the other... - by Aithniel - 07-18-2014, 06:20 PM