the Rift

[PRIVATE] I SEE GHOSTS

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

She never really understood why she needed to know answers to such trivial questions or why she insisted upon conversing when it wasn’t exactly her strength. In all her life she had always been a tool, a means to an end, something useful to pick up and perhaps misplace later. Never thought about in a moment of worry, never loved beyond her usefulness and maybe in a place at the back of her mind, in the corner of her heart, it hurt. Emotions were cast aside, they were burdens that damaged her value and she had no need of them. Yet, of course her emotions never went away! She simply hid them and refused to acknowledge them coming to a point in her life where she couldn’t identify feelings or understand what they meant. She became a creature that lived off impulse, unconsciously spurred on by loneliness and a need to be needed. This stallion before her who gave away nothing in the way of expression and answered her questions with brief notes was Ghost’s source of entertainment, a temporary cure to a lonely heart and she enjoyed trying to understand the lives of others. The mare would remain for as long as it cured her boredom and her intrigue before moving on.

His first answer, however, disappointed the sprite and she snorted disdainfully. "The shadows are comforting. I could live here forever" she said with no real feeling, but her eyes gave away a flicker of fondness for the scarred woodland. It was no secret after all.

She left the topic of the Deep Forest at that and didn’t ask into his reasoning of not really loving the place. It would only lead to more scornful sighing from the mare. Instead she let the pause in conversation run whilst watching him carefully as he came to answer her simple question into his own identity. The answer this time came as quite a surprise.

Ghost said nothing for a while with her gaze staring at him, but not consciously on him, as if she was lost in thought, her mind organising itself. Mauja. A name she knew, but never the appearance until now. Finally, she let out a long, quiet laugh before her eyes returned to him with a new kind of look, as if she was seeing him for the first time and she took in every detail. If her mother was around perhaps there would have been fireworks, but nothing like that was going to be instigated from Ghost. "It answers enough, I know who you are, or who you were" she simply stated. She knew not who he was now and she knew nothing of his story, but she knew what he was to her. The sprite had become an outcast by his command.

For a moment, she wondered if he’d remember her. After all, she would have only been a tiny filly not worth a memory. Judging by his reactions so far she presumed he hadn’t recognised her by appearance or maybe he did but chose to ignore it. Perhaps her very presence still insulted him after all these years. Who knew? Ghost decided to jog his memory in case. "You outcast me when I was just a child. If I am presuming right that you are that Mauja." She prodded and poked with an emotionless voice and heavy gaze, watching his features that had been neutral so far throughout their meeting.

"I'm Ghost"

but I’m gonna bet they never really feel at home
if they spent a lifetime learning how to live in Rome
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
I SEE GHOSTS - by Mauja - 05-31-2014, 04:02 PM