Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj</style>

we're two steps from hell

with courageous hearts

our war drums into battle

She’d had the most beautiful blue eyes. Kaj had melted beneath them when she'd been born, had shamelessly bent knee to her, had dedicated his life and soul to keeping her safe. It was a world too harsh and cruel for her, and she had departed, a disease he could not fight for her stealing away her light. Aniela… He would have given anything to have her back. As he strode onto the field of battle, eyes distant and cold, he couldn’t help but think of her. This demonic descendant had tried to rip away two beautiful, innocent souls from the world. He saw in them Aniela. Kaj had never been one to stand for those who preyed upon untainted foals, flickering flames meant to be sheltered and protected. It had driven him to this moment in time once before, a fight of rage and revenge in the name of Aaron’s sister, against the blows of Tonka. However it seemed the beaten welp had called out to the Alpha, and her game he would play. He would entertain her childish demands, but in his heart he would bear arms and unsheathe his sword in the name of those who could not. In the memory of his sister, of Aaron’s deceased sister, of the lucky two who had managed to escape the fate he could not save them from. No, he couldn’t save them...but he could avenge them.

There is no rush to his approach, he steps with purpose, bypassing the shards of pale blue that litter the earth like immortalized teardrops. A memory, a phantom of a time when the Edge had bled for all they believed in, when they had agonized every day over the fight they had to engage in for the mere right to live. Kaj had sheltered them, had given them a place to return to, a place to live. He had sworn to them safety, peace; promised that they shall never in his rule spill their blood before himself. He is no immortal foe, no unbeatable guardian of stone and machinery. It is he who will bleed for his people, for he would sooner die than force them to fight in fear and desperation once more. Peace, he had advocated, with blood on his hooves and teeth, memories of his service. Sworn to them that he would be their Champion, that he would fall first on the frontlines, would sacrifice his life so that they may live on. He faces the demoness and the air is silent, still, trembling in anticipation as the opponents are granted sight of one another. Light fades around them, reminiscent to the moonless arena he had faced down Tonka in. Carmine paints the skies, leaving them destitute in the waning visibility, heralding the blood that shall be spilled on this day. Anger boils within, and he sickly prays that it shall fall like rain from the sack of flesh she dares to call a body.

Those who have gathered are bypassed, moving among and through them to stand before the mare that smells as foul as the goals clustered in her empty head. It is hard to block his nares against the stench, but he has faced down beasts far worse than this facade she wears like a puppet, and he is no stranger to the revolting waves that exude from her smaller bodice. A wing is shifted, gestured towards those that gather behind. Disperse. Fall back. "Confutatis. You seek my blood for entrance to my lands. Very well." Her challenge has been accepted. Arctic daggers squint into her features, wings widening, stance becoming threatening. "But know this, cur, even if I fall on this day...your Basin friends will know of you. You will pay for your crimes. Now come, let us play your child’s game." Pale mane glows in shades of blood and rose glints off white-gold flanks, drenched in the effects of the slaughter to come.

She will not take his throne. She will not rule his brethren. The Storm Bringer would sooner burn for eternity in the flames of the Heart than let her command them to their deaths, destroy their independence. Teeth bare themselves and harks flatten, watching as the sun sinks and she blends like smoke, vaporizing beneath his gaze. The shadow to his light. In his mind he sees them; kin that he must win for. Hears Resplendence's soft words, the echo of Quilyan calling him brother, the faultless loyalty in Cheveyo's gaze, the gratitude in Aaron's features, the warmth of Vikram's shoulder, the soft croon of Mirage's support, the affectionate teasing of Maskan...the trusting, adoring smile of his Sunshower.

Lay your faith in me, geliefden. Fight beside me. Lend me your courage, your heart. I will not leave you behind.

---
Attack: 0/4
Word Count: 800
Translations: Geliefden ;; beloveds, most valued ones
Notes: Fun with italics this round ♥ @[Confutatis] has initial attack. Good luck as well, Wanda!

Credit

Messages In This Thread
Jaws and Claws [Kaj Challenge] - by Confutatis - 05-31-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: Jaws and Claws [Kaj Challenge] - by Kaj - 06-02-2014, 02:09 AM
RE: Jaws and Claws [Kaj Challenge] - by Kaj - 06-07-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: Jaws and Claws [Kaj Challenge] - by Kaj - 06-11-2014, 01:57 AM
RE: Jaws and Claws [Kaj Challenge] - by Official - 06-22-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: Jaws and Claws [Kaj Challenge] - by Official - 07-06-2014, 10:22 AM