the Rift

[OPEN] youngest of the seven, but not nearly the fairest.

Antiope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Antiope
Oh, I missed my siblings. All I did was exploring all on my own, and it felt awful. I didn't want to be alone. I wanted to be with my Sisters, all six of them. After being on the Meadow for so long - a few days, maybe even two moon cycles - I decided to go north and then west, or was it west and then north? (I didn't know), and even if it took me a few days, it was worth it. Maybe I would meet someone new or interesting, or even one of my Sisters? It was worth a shot, right? And I went with the equine way of traveling, because my right wing had a stretched muscle that needed to rest for a few days. Just stupid me who hadn't been careful with the stretching of my wings. I must say - trying to fly without stretching first is a very stupid thing to do, especially if you don't fly very often.

Mot... Inanna had always told me to stretch my wings before flight. Always. But, then again, I had hated her quite much - even if it scared me to say it like that - so I hadn't exactly listened to her, though she might've thought I had. I gave up a loud sigh and continued to walk. It had already gone a day, and I hadn't even arrived anywhere. Just... Forest everywhere. And dirt. And so many animals. Several deers, rabbits, foxes and even an elk had showed themselves to me on my journey. And as I walked, I realized something. This was the furthest north I had ever gotten in my six-year-old life.

Then, there it was. A border at last. How did I see it was a border? Well, it was pine trees and all sorts of flora creating a clear line on the ground. I cleared my throat and looked between the trees, trying to see what was inside of the land. "Chairetó? Kaneís spíti?" I spoke in my native language, the Elysian words of ancient origin that was the language I had been taught to speak. Ever since I had been born, all everyone had been speaking was Elysian. And a little bit of normal english. But who was I kidding? Nobody would understand me. Nobody ever did. I cleared my throat once more and tried again. "Hel-lo?"

"Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem."
wordcount // 393
tags // @[Aurelia]
ooc // I still have to learn Antiope...
Chairetó? Kaneís spíti? = Hello? Anyone home?
daughter of the night
Image Credit