the Rift

[OPEN] There's serenity in the darkness.

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
you hold the rights I'll never own
Kahlua still weighed heavily on his mind, but rather than dwell in his sadness as he was apt to he had ventured from the Edge, intent on journeying to the forest to the south of the Threshold; he’d heard rumors while living in Helovia that there was a pool of rubies there beneath a giant tree, and so that was where he had gone to see if the rumors were true. It was mostly because he was a curious sort and strange, natural wonders such as a pool of rubies were intriguing, but also because he was interested in using some of them to work on two projects at once.

The idea had come to him while he mournfully dwelled in his clearing, thoughts on everyone he’d met and what all of it could possibly mean if Kahlua was not his one true love, after all. What he’d settled on is that it meant nothing, and so he should simply exist in the moment. That thought had inspired another which had led to another, until finally he had recalled the day that he’d walked in on Roskuld and Ranjiri for the first time.

Roskuld had been giving Ranjiri a band of some sort, and in return, his new friend had given the surly butterfly girl a feather in return. It was an inspiring sight in retrospect, he decided, to have witnessed something so sacred; as if they’d exchanged memories, able to wear one another on their hearts and their bodies, totems to recall loved ones by, and it had struck him with an idea that had sent him, for the first time in days, out into the world with a smile faintly lingering on his face rather than a frown.

The forest was dark and encompassing, the tall stallion looking up at the taller trees as he moved through them with the same foreboding he generally feels urging to overwhelm him when he’s alone in such miserable looking places. It’s not that the forest isn’t pretty, in its own ways, just that it is much older than that of the Edge, the trees covered in hanging mosses and their bark dark and worn by time; it is not a forest of welcome, but one of watching, and he can’t help but feel as if he is out of place here as he is everywhere else.

He comes across the great tree and the pool of stones and pauses to smile gleefully at having actually found it as well as the sight itself; while all the trees of this wood had seemed wise and knowing, this one was by far the most regal and proud of them all; it towered, as if it could snatch the Moon from the sky as she rode overhead, and the pool itself gleamed faintly in the trickling light, rising from around its roots as if the tree fed the stones.

He approaches with wonder, peering through the clear water to the red bottom, enjoying the illusion that the liquid is bloody or stained by the stones but knowing better. Deciding not to waste too much time staring at the waters, he quickly submerges his muzzle and comes up with a mouth full of gems; sorting out five large ones and several smaller ones for his other project, he plinks the rest back into the water and sets to work.

He starts with the large stones, first, focusing his will on each as he crafts them one by one into round beads, faintly transparent and deep crimson in tone.

Once he is finished with the beads, he takes a moment to clear his thoughts and turns his attentions to the other project he had in mind. Twisting his neck to grasp Ranjiri’s feather and the branch that had protected him from the wraith and the other assailant he’d earned it from, he lays them next to the stones.

Willing the image of the branch in his mind, he incases it in glass, much more skilled at the art since working with Kahlua’s flowers and thus finishing quickly, moving on to do the same to the feather. He then lays the feather down on top of the branch gently, reveling in the clink of the glass as they meet, lining the rubies down between them in the desired array.

Now, the hard part, he thinks, forcing his will towards the gems at the very bottom of the arrangement first, binding it to a glass bead and then another, connecting the gems in strands until he imagines the beads joining into a single strand and looping tightly about the feather and branch. A gentle mental prod holds it all in place, the final beads appearing along the strand as he exhales his focus in a weary puff of air.

The products, a handful of red beads and a pretty ornament, gleam at his hooves.

Grasping the feather and branch, he reaches back around towards the chunk of dark hair at the base of his withers, gently working the beading around the strands of black until the ornament rests snuggly in his mane. Smiling as he moves to gather up the beads from the earth and string them along a strand of his tail hair, he ponders his next move.

Would he actually go to Dragon’s Throat? Maybe he could just hang out around it until he bumped into her.

It seemed far easier than dealing with all those strangers.

@[Ranjiri]
I hope you don't mind me tagging you butttt he has beads ~
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona
Beauty may be skin deep
But cruelty goes clear to the bone

It is the darkness of the forest that draws the resplendent maiden in. Shadows streak across her brilliant hide as she weaves around the earthen pillars. Disregarding the pain in each of her supports the peahen sets forth at a trot, determined to find the shaggy stallion and his creature and the offer he had made to her. She had been close -- so close -- to finding out where he was, but the babe that had approached her at the entrance had suddenly gone daft, and the hybrid's bargain had fallen upon deaf ears.

Tixolopitli. Imbecile.

Impatience has gotten the best of her, and her desire to find the wolf has grown ten fold since her failed interrogation with the arabian. At least he was a reasonable brute to deal with, albeit a strange one. The peahen could only conjure up positive memories of him, and of that sort she had many; he must have made quite the impression on her to have her seek him out so fervently.

Or is it the idea of contributing her own cultural influence on this world that beckons her so? Hasn't she sworn to live on for her tribe, so that she may always carry the burden of their sacrifice like a mountain upon her shoulders? Who else is there to ensure that their traditions go on, if not her? She is the last of an extinct species of beautiful warriors, and even if they do not walk alongside her now, she will never forget their memory.

The hybrid is so engulfed in her thoughts of home that she is not paying attention to where she is. Her subconscious takes note of a red substance ahead, but it isn't until her sombre hoof splashes into the water that the warrior is repelled from her mind. Snorting in surprise, she lowers her blue crown until her whiskers breach the surface. The water is playing a trick on her eyes, trying to convince her that the liquid itself is red, but something in the back of her mind tells her that this is an illusion. Memories of two rivers -- one of blood, the other of water -- threaten to ensnare her again, but she dispels them with a powerful snap of her wings.

Propelled by the gust of wind that she has created, the eerie water rises to slap at her muzzle and the uneven bank behind her, and the colorful bird turns her head so she can watch it. Contempt sparks in the maiden as the liquid quenches the earth's thirst, uncovering the illusion that the vast pool has tried to pull on her. Several blood-tinted crystals are trapped by the clumps of foliage that border the water, becoming stranded without any means of returning to their kind.

Her attention is diverted from the rocks when she detects movement on the opposite end of the basin. She fixates her amber stare on the stallion's painted form, and without hesitation the peahen turns on her heels and trots ashore. Working the exquisite instruments at her sides, she welcomes the familiar tug of sinew and muscle as she departs from the realm of the earth and enters that of the air. Many days have passed since the mare has last taken flight, but as she disturbs the forest air she finds that she does not regret her actions. After so many moons of weary travelling, her wings have begun to regain their usual vigour.

At the opposite shore the bird begins her rapid descent to reacquaint herself with the ground. The warrior stirs the air one last time to lessen the impact before planting a chocolate hoof in the dirt, and the rest of her dazzling body follows. Her eyes rake across the stranger's architecture once she has landed, and the first thing she notices are the stones in his mane. The bright feathers at her wither raise in curiosity when she speaks.

"Are those from the ezcocotli? The blood vessel?" She gestures towards the pool with an outstretched wing. Without so much as an introduction, the maiden is already being demanding."How did you do such a thing?"

"Talk talk talk."

@[Dragomir]

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   ranjiri</style>
  dreams start their drifting and you hear a lullaby</style>

I don't like that I've been forced to leave him behind, but I couldn't force Ryuu to make the trip to the forest with me. I feel like he's already in enough pain just going about his everyday life, I wouldn't forgive myself if I forced more pain on him just because I wanted to go to the forest. I'm not so selfish. Had I not felt that he would be protected when here was, under Cera's watchful gaze, then I would have confined myself to the Throat. But he was safe. He was protected. I could make this pointless trip and appease myself. Maybe I could even bring him back one of the red stones from the pool in the forest as a little gift. I don't know if he'd even like it, but I thought they were pretty. If he liked it I could probably get one of the crafters to make something out of it for him.

The wind whips at my mane and ruffles my feathers as I fly toward my destination. I didn't understand it when I was younger and couldn't fly, but there is nothing quite like it. I enjoy having an aerial view of everything below. And I'm safe. Kind of. If anyone wanted to attack me they would either have to have magic or be able to fly like me. Unfortunately my flight was coming to an end. I could see the trees looming in the distance and so I began my descent. It was gradual and when my hooves touched the ground I was moving at a trot toward the trees. Once within their grasp I slowed mostly because the branches and bushes threatened to pluck feathers from my wings and I'd already lost quite a few of them.

I walked, leaves crunching and twigs snapping under my cloven hooves as I moved. The forest seemed safe enough- the birds were singing and I found that when someone dangerous was around they would be eerily quiet. My path meandered through the forest mostly because I had no real direction. At least not until I heard someone's voice. I flicked my tail, wondering if it was a good idea to intrude but the idea of someone being lost in the forest and me leaving them to their own devices was not one that sat well with me.

The forest was quite tricky, voices tended to bounce off of trees and sound like they were coming from one direction when it was really the other. With that being said it took me a little while before I finally found who it was that was speaking and... she was hard to miss. And she was very pretty. "Hello." I said, offering her a friendly smile. There was someone else there with her and I was surprised when I saw Dragomir. "Oh!" I took a few steps toward him, my smile growing. "Hello, Dragomir. How've you been?"

"."

Credits

@[Dragomir]
@[Bellona]

aud pixel!

Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
The sound of a disturbance in the wind turns his eyes towards her, who fills him with the most trepidation and awe he has felt since he first encountered Semira all those years ago. She is a blaze of colors, as if a rainbow had fallen on her during her birth and stained her only the brightest and most vibrant of its hues, and he cannot help but gawk awkwardly at her because she is both beautiful and horribly strange to him; her legs are streaked with white, the colors plunging into the pristine ivory that wrap about her face and wings as well, and he cannot help but feel ordinary in the face of such a thing.

He is the color of the earth, the rich brown of soil and the deep shades of charcoal, rimmed by clouds. She is a prism of color and splendor, and for a moment, he does not move at all, ponders stepping away from her.

And then she speaks. Well, shouts almost at him, the sternness in her voice planting his massive frame quite squarely where it is, easily intimidated by the smaller mare in his timid and unsure nature. She stretches out her wing as she bullishly mentions a series of words that make his eyes broaden in bewilderment before he realizes she means wing feathers. Slowly, he bobs his head up and down in agreement, not knowing for sure that that is where the feathers had come off of Ranjiri’s wing (she had been missing many) but not wanting to go too far into details with such a vibrant and stern woman. He’d only stammer and stutter and make her genuinely shout at him.

Blessedly, he hears the arrival of another around him, at first feeling more panic eek into his pores until he smells the familiar scent of sand and golden feathers, turning his head ever so slowly to look upon Ranjiri. His confidence suddenly floods him again in the presence of a friend, one who he figures won’t let things escalate to a point of panic as they had that long ago afternoon in the willow grove, and he smiles humorously at the notion that she has, quite ironically, arrived into the situation anyway.

He was spared a walk to the Throat in exchange for a near heart attack here and now – splendid.

"Ranjiri!" he calls to her as she says her greetings, shuffling towards her nervously as he looks over at the colorful mare and smiles wryly and in apology for his ridiculousness (even he knows he looks like a cowardly giant at this point), "I was just meeting, erm… well her. She was admiring the bauble I made from your gift." He smiles at the black and gold mare quite happily before returning his eyes to the colorful woman to answer her question. "I use magic to create the glass. The feather was Ranjiri’s," he explains before a short and sharp inhalation of breath takes his words, blue eyes striking over to Ranjiri in memory of his gift for her, "oh! I made you something, too."

He turns his frame around ever so slightly and swishes his tail at Ranjiri to draw her attention to the beads that sing jovially as they slip upwards and back down in the motion, striking each other and gleaming in the faint light allowed from the overhead branches. "I used the rubies from that pool there to color them. Normally I’m not so far south of the Edge." He tries to make the last statement open ended for both the women, but he’s much more comfortable talking to sweet Ranjiri than the pretty-but-scary lady who had dropped from the skies. Its not that he doesn’t understand that some people aren’t as tactful as others, but he can’t take too many risks, not ever since what had happened to Shadow and the display of rage he’d felt after Azarel had intruded on his serenity back at the wall.

@[Bellona]
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Hidden Account
Bellona
Beauty may be skin deep

A look of distaste flashes across the bold mare's crown at the earthen stallion's lack of speech. She briefly wonders if she has stumbled upon another idiot who, like the babe in the Threshold, took too long to respond to the haughty bird and ultimately caused her to lose her patience. Even now, the hybrid is starting to feel the all-to-familiar prick of annoyance stabbing at her chest. The painted boy should consider himself lucky for the maiden is far too stubborn to desert him just yet. Her new company is speaking of magic and other impossible things, and she yearns for more information on the subject. She has been unable to make contact with the spirits since her arrival here, but is that because of the magic that he speaks of? Perhaps this land is not so useless after all.

A hot burst of air escapes her lips in an unamused snort, and chocolate hooves shift as she contemplates this idea. The bird is about to snap at the towering beast again when her thick green locks are lifted from her neck, signalling the arrival of another winged woman. The Aztec swings her head around as her hair drapes down across her eyes and obscures her vision. The beauty shakes out her body, starting from her nose and working down to her tail, in order to begin anew. Her hard stare softens to a curious gaze when it rests on the golden girl, and the sight of her helps the hybrid to make up her mind. No, she will not berate the stallion for his mute tone and unintelligible nodding. He has been adequate company so far, and the chieftess is in no mood to make enemies. The brute doesn't look like he will make for an exciting battle anyway, but an interesting conversation... Now that is another thing.

Flicking her head in greeting to the metal-tipped pegasus, the blunt warrior forgets her manners entirely when she says, "Bellona. Not her." Her voice is almost as deep as a brute's, and slightly reprimanding. The peahen does not know how to be kind, and the discomfort that is plain to see in the tobiano's movements is encouraging her to be cruel.

"The Edge? That sounds like a horrid place. How do you live there if you have no wings to catch you, then?" It is probably rude to interrupt the reunion occurring between the pegasus and the equine, but Bellona really doesn't care. She has her own interests to attend to. She really doesn't care about where the crafter lives. There is only one place that she wishes to reside in, and she is feeling far too bitter about her search for the Foothills to speak with these strangers about it. It is better to distract her angry thoughts by asking more questions, and this time she directs them to the young lady. "And you. What do you know of magic? I've never heard of it."

"Talk talk talk."

@[Ranjiri]

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   ranjiri</style>
  dreams start their drifting and you hear a lullaby</style>

My ears were tilted forward, listening to Dragomir as he called my name and began to tell me that he was meeting the other mare and that she was admiring the bauble he made from my feather. My gaze flickered over to her as she corrected him for not using her name, part of my suspected that she had not yet offered her name to Dragomir. "Nice to meet you, Bellona." I said, deciding that it would be best to greet her formally. She seemed the type to take offense to anyone who did otherwise. As he began to explain the bauble that he made from my feather to the other mare I gazed at it, thinking that it was quite pretty. There had been quite a bit of pain that came with that feather being removed. There are some pains that you never forget, I suppose, and that was definitely one of them.

"Oh! I made you something to."

"You did?" I didn't bother to try and hide the surprise that colored my voice. He turned to draw my attention to his tail and so I looked at the crimson beads that hung there. "Oh, its so pretty Drago." I looked back to his face and smiled again. "Thank you, but I have nothing to give you in return." I realized that it must be awkward for the other mare to observe two friends exchanging gifts, but she remained quiet until she found it appropriate to comment on Dragomir's homeland. "I hear that the World's Edge is actually quite beautiful." I said in defense. "I think he'd be safe as long as he stayed away from the edge of the Edge." Har har, I'm quite funny.

Her next question was directed at me and even though she's heard Dragomir say my name she still called me 'you'. "Ranjiri." I said as I looked at the very colorful mare. "And I'm afraid that I cannot offer you any information about magic because I have none of my own. Both of my parents do, however." In all honesty I had never been too worried about trying to get magic of my own. "I'm sure if you ask politely and bring a small trinket to the gods one of them would grant you an audience and answer your questions."

"."

Credits

@[Dragomir]
@[Bellona]

ooc:// omg i'm so sorry that i'm a slow ass |:

aud pixel!

Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
The brightly colored mare makes him nervous, a thousands kinds of nervous, and he hovers closer to Ranjiri as if the pretty mare can defend him from the warrior before them who is simply curious – albeit a little rough around the edges. A combination of both these things is evident when she snaps her name at the crafter and he visibly flinches, ears splaying and eyes growing wide amidst his own words in a silent apology.

"They’re a gift," he says with a soft laugh as Ranjiri bashfully exclaims over her beads and claims to not have a thing to give him in return, "I thought they’d look pretty in your hair."

Aside from the initial glance spared to Ranjiri on her approach, the flamboyantly hued pegasus ignores his friend and carries on with her inquiries directed towards him, despite the dark hybrid’s gentle way of dealing with the frightening bluntness of the woman; the aggressive thing even bulls over the words he shares with his friend, giving him little chance to answer his gold tinged companion and interjecting her own inquiry of the Edge. It stirs a new emotion in the stallion – one of aggravation, born from the insult given to the place that had welcomed him and given him shelter for his entire time in the land of Helovia.

Thankfully, the shy stallion doesn’t have to answer; Ranjiri slips her own reply in and he finds himself chuckling with amusement at the pun interlaced in her words, his aggravation momentarily forgotten. That is true, he supposes; the few times he’d been near the edge of the sea, he’d been mightily impressed with the steepness of the fall. Deciding to elaborate a little bit on his homeland for ignorant Bellona’s sake, his deep voice rolls forth once his humor has subsided. "Ranjiri’s right. It’s an ancient wood that overlooks the sea, named for the cliff that borders its northern rim," he smiles, trying to overcome his unease with the harshness of the feathered war maiden with his kindness, "the only thing I’m in danger of is gravity, as are all of my kind."

His smile loiters as Bellona turns her attentions to Ranjiri, calling her you instead of using her name that he’s used already. Her annoyance is almost plain, but she covers it well her good heartedness, as she had when he’d first met her and her friend, Roskuld.

Roskuld, now that he thought about it, was about as bad as Bellona. No wonder Ranjiri was doing so much better with the prismatic dove than he was. He nods as she mentions the Gods, and prayer, his own memories stirring a fear and angst within him; he’s not had much luck with the keepers of the earth.

"The shrines of the four are west of here, southward down a peninsula," he says, glad that for the first time in the entire conversation that he doesn’t sound like a mewling kitten of a man and rather more like his usual calm and genial self.
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Hidden Account
Bellona
Beauty may be skin deep

A sneer paints the cruel vixen's lips as the golden girl speaks, releasing a tidal wave of disappointment to coarse through her veins. Her feathered wither raises itself as if to showcase this change in her, and she closes in on the conversation as her heartbeat quickens. Gods? There are Gods here?

"You speak of these Gods as if they are a common occurrence. Is it true that they will present themselves in exchange for some sort of offering?" An orange stare slides sideways to face a blue one, the fire behind them burning brighter at the stallion's discontent. The bird listens to his words with as much intensity as her gaze emits.Do I make you uncomfortable, Dragomir?

She waits impatiently for either stranger to answer her, shifting her weight from side to side as she waits. When finally one replies to her question, she opens to maw to make an almost accusatory remark about their suggestions."Well, if what you both say is true, then I think that I have a journey to make. Best of luck with your perilous home. Perhaps one day I shall make a visit." Peering into blue orbs one last time before looking into bloody ones, she decides that she has nothing left to say. The crafter's magic has obviously made an impression on the beauty, but the pair's lack of information has not earned them her respect. If it is friendship that they seek -- which surely they do not, for she had been the one to interrupt their reunion -- they will not find it in her.

The rowdy maiden peels her wings from her sides and, spinning on her striped pillars, she sends her body off in a rushed collection of moving parts. Her hooves tear fresh tracks in the moss-strewn Earth as she makes her departure. Kicking up dirt and lashing her tail as she pierces the ground with her weapons, the winged creature launches herself towards the sky. It is not so great a show as her arrival might have been, but she has spent enough time pestering the locals today. Now is the time to seek answers elsewhere; perhaps these shrines are a good place to start?

"Talk talk talk."

@[Ranjiri] {Sorry, my muse is kind of shot but I didn't want to hold this thread up. It's been long enough. ^-^ Thanks for letting my bird pester you guys!}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!