[OPEN] Doubt Thou the Stars Are Fire [Welcoming]

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
This is a continuation of this thread.

DALIBOR
I will fail you, of that I'm sure

The roan nodded to her question that sounded more of an observation to him. "For a time. When I had no will to fight." His answer was simple, succinct, truthful. Dalibor had remained in Anrior while he was too heartbroken and crushed to do much of anything. And when he could take his enslavement no more, he'd broken free. His curiosity to know how Serenity had escaped was strong - the unicorns there ran a tight network of security to prevent slaves from escaping. He didn't ask, though, despite his wanting to. She didn't want to talk about it, understandably. What she'd given was enough and he tucked the information away.

A force for good.

Her words hit him square in the chest, guilt creeping in and filling the depression the impact left. He wasn't a force for good. Far from it. If anything he was a chaotic neutral agent, wreaking havoc on anything and everything indiscriminately. With the exception of unicorns. He discriminated against them.

"I'm sure you'll make them proud," he murmured before taking to the sky, wheeling through the clouds, the blustering wind whipping away his frustrating emotions and conflicting desires. There was no point in them right now. He would lead Serenity home and give her a place to stay.

So he flew southeast, from the Endless Blue to the Dragon's Throat. The weather changed as they passed over the Ancient Rotunda, a place Dalibor did not recall seeing before, and his hawkish gaze curiously searched below. It was raining thickly, fat, heavy droplets coming down, and it was hard to make anything out on the ground. A dark figure appeared briefly but stepped into the rotunda itself, becoming obscured from view almost immediately. Were it not for the rain and his passenger along for this ride, Dalibor might have alighted on the ground and investigated; but not today.

Little did he know how narrowly he missed discovering a stallion whose home he'd destroyed, and whose heart was already somewhat intrigued by the starry mare flying next to him. Once out of the weather cell, Dalibor grounded them to rest. He hadn't said much of anything during the flight; he wasn't talkative, normally. Drinking from a small stream just a few miles past the rotunda, he found a thick tree trunk and settled himself against it. "Should rest," he indicated, napping and regaining his strength for a short while.

When it was time to take to the air again, the soldier repeated the same routine, pausing just before they reached the Heart of Helovia and the cave network that lay beneath. There was little protection or cover there, once one left the treeline. Midmorning of the third day saw the two finally reach the Throat, and Dalibor sought out the form of either Africa or Sohalia. Spotting what looked like one, he descended, intending to introduce Serenity to those who looked after this place - and anyone else who might be present.

He'd done well. He'd recruited. He was proud of himself, actually.

Which was sad, to be pleased with so little a thing, but the fighter wasn't smooth and few liked him - so to bring home a mare who wanted to follow him was a monumental achievement.

"Welcome home," he rumbled, the roan casting a curious, searching glance to the face of his new...friend? He hoped she would be happy here. After growing up a slave, she deserved some happiness.

@[Africa]
@[Sohalia]
@[Serenity]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

----------------------------------------------
OOC: Sort of shoe-horning the timeline so that there are two leader options to meet Serenity. Open to anyone else who wants to welcome as well!

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Serenity
Feel the wind pass through my body, I am one with your soul...

I was interested in the fact that he had been where I had. We had shared the same evils. Experienced the same tragedy. He understood, truly, where I had come from, and that made me feel so much less alone. So, I nodded, when he said that he was there when he had no will left to fight. Something deeper ran in his past, evident in the scars over his face and legs, and I mused that they were long and thin, as if he was scratched by something... pointy. My thoughts immediately went to the devil-horned stallion, wondering, wandering.

When he said that he was sure I would make them proud, I shrugged my wings a little, frowning. Hopefully, I would. I would never know, though. I would never see them again. All I could do was honor their memory. So, when he took off into the sky, I gathered my strength beneath me and lunged into the air, my starry wings widening and guiding streams of air over the feathers, giving me lift.

We flew south, toward the sparkling blue ocean and sandy dunes. I watched the world below me, easily moving through the thick rain drops that hit us as we flew over a large structure and a dark figure. My golden eyes tried to scour the land below, but the rain and the humidity managed to create an interesting, mysterious fog. Without much more thought on the matter, I followed, feeling the exhaustion of a long flight starting to strain against my muscles. My body was no longer a part of my wings but hanging on them like a weight, so I was glad when we stopped.

I tucked the blue and gold appendages to my side, leaning against the tree as well and taking a quick nap. Then, we flew again. When we landed once more, he indicated that we were home, and I found that it was pretty in a rather rugged way. The floors were sandy, and there was a large lake in the middle with trees that cut back on the glare of the sun. I tucked my wings into my sides and gave my new friend a kind, grateful smile. "Thank you. For Everything."

I-mi @ Da

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Sohalia looked around her desert oasis with the slightest of frowns on her pretty face. Where once a force forty strong had stood, only half remained. The faces were a mixture of new and old, and while she did not prefer one over the other, she wished fervently for more. It was a constant worry, a remainder from her time as a Forger, re-solidified now with the addition of the responsibility of a Sultana. Were their numbers enough to withstand outside threats? If an attack came with the force of the Basin behind it, as it had not so long ago, would they be prepared? They were her family - her brethren, her children, her loves and her life. Would she be able to protect them?

At least, as a Forger, she had been able to do something. She had not felt the familiar magic of the Sun in her brief time as Sultana. Something in her was afraid to reach for it, terrified to find it missing when she had held its fire in her breast for so long. She remembered, and she reminisced, and she longed for the ability to forge steel and iron and silver and gold, to place a barrier between her family and their enemies, for she knew that they remained in the vast land beyond their borders. Helovia had been silent for several moons, and yet she remained uneasy, always waiting, always watching, dreading the day that the other herds learned just how low their numbers had become.

And what they had lost! Midas, their former Sultan, had been called by his patron god to migrate to the Hidden Falls. How many of their family had followed him? How many had been lost to the void of darkness that had plagued the realm? Gaucho the WildFire, for one - another Sultan, though not for long; Ampere, the Mother of Companions, a Sultana named by the Sun, disappeared to be replaced by Sohalia. Was she worthy of the honor? It was another question that weighed on her. She had Africa's trust and respect, of that she was sure - but what of the rest? What did they think of their Forger-turned-Sultana?

A pair of specks appeared in the sky above; Astraeus called a warning, and the dove glanced to the clouds. She was in the open now, and unaware of having traveled through the sands, deep in thought. The zephyr spiraled lower, intending to be nearby in case of attack, but as his bonded recognized one of the pair, he zipped away again. The angel was not close enough to greet them as they touched down, but she was close enough to reach them within a moment at a steady trot. "Welcome, my friends," she greeted them with a pleasant smile. "I hope you are well, Dalibor?" she added, as his name finally came to her. They had not met, not truly, but she had tried to learn the names and faces of the herd even so. With enough time passed for him to have answered her question, she turned to the newcomer.

"My name is Sohalia. I am one of the Sultanas of the Dragon's Throat. On behalf of my family, welcome to our home."

"Talk talk talk."
VenomXBaby
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!