the Rift

[OPEN] Patrol date night

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
It seemed like we had just gone on patrol, but I guess that's how patrols work. You go out, you come back and report, and then you go out again. I can't say I'm much of a fan. I could be back in the Throat, learning my healing craft. Though I am the Sun Physician, I am not born with any natural healing abilities. I finally realized, when Africa spoke with me, that I was more prone to healing than destroying. Though I can hold my own - in my humble opinion - the bravado and aggression that is required for a battle put me a little outside my comfort zone. Healing, however, you can do without a word, and make such a difference. But to heal, I need to learn how. I know that the Sun God blesses the Sun Physicians with the ability to heal with flame. But what of the herbal remedies? I know there must be many but I really know little about them.

As I land gently in the snow banks of Frostbreath Steppe, I do not see any herbs that may readily be used for anything. Not many plants at all, except for some pines here and there. And yet.. maybe, if I look hard enough, I can see grasses poking up through the thinned snow. Of all the times of the year to come here, I suppose Tallsun is the best. I grunt and press my nose into the snow, nosing around for any plants. Try as I might, there's only the common grass there. I raise my head and snort, trying to blow the flakes from my nostrils.

I look above me to the skies, searching for my patrol companion. By chance - or maybe some sort of divine planning - Dalibor is my partner again. We did not have much conversation when we were together in the Secret Grove. But I like it that way. I'm sure he's aware of our patrol, and I'd kind of like to do it together again. I mean patrol together, not do it. An unnatural flush lights in my cheeks. I liked the red-toned stallion, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again, even if it is for something so.. oh I don't know, mundane? I whinny into the skies, assisting him in finding me.

Looking around I see very little in the barren landscape. What is there for us to report on? "No Ma'ams, no new trees. Found a fox, seemed happy." Though whether I'd come out and be such a smart alec to my Queens.. well, maybe not.

"Speech"
Tags: @[Dalibor], WC: 389, Other: --

Trey Ratcliff @ flickr
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I will fail you, of that I'm sure

Unlike Andromeda, Dalibor was not perturbed by the continual nature of patrols. He was used to this life, the monotony and repetitiveness of a soldier’s life, the dreary but comforting routine of doing the same thing over and over. Also unlike Andromeda, the male Pegasus had little else to do with his time but patrol, fight and sleep – and he was currently filling his time with just that. He had been pleased to see that once again, he was paired with the starry mare for the next month’s patrol, and hoped that perhaps this time no idiotic little bitches would come crashing through the snowbanks and into both of them.

Some privacy would be nice. On his way to the Frostbreath Steppe, Dalibor had stopped and inspected everything near the Aurora Basin that he could, and had come across a unicorn stallion that was part of the Hidden Falls (interesting) and a large, metal, mechanical unicorn that guarded what he assumed was the entrance to the Basin proper (concerning). At least this time he’d have something to report back from the patrol. The Secret Grove had been nothing but murmured whispers, bad memories and one annoying little identity-crisis harlot.

Hearing Andromeda’s whinny carry on the wind as he approached the cold, still snow-blanketed land, Dalibor angled his flight towards her and landed nearby, thinking she looked quite pretty in stark contrast to the pristine white snow. “Andromeda,” he greeted as he approached, feeling the chill of this place already. “I stopped by the Basin on my way here. They have a giant mechanical horse.” He had no reason to distrust this mare and think she might squander the information he’d just provided, so he shared freely.

@[Andromeda]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
His arrival is swift - he must have been nearby when I called out to him. Though after another cursory glance around, I realize that he probably didn't need help to find me. My body probably stands out against the melting snow. He lands close to me and tucks his wing in as he approaches. Though his words don't hold much exciting news (or do they?), I sense an air of anticipation about him. Surely it cannot be to patrol, or to see me. Or is it? Maybe I need to reexamine my thoughts. A mechanical horse? Well.. that is news I suppose, though I'm not sure what to make of it. But it isn't my place to make anything of what we find, only to report it to Africa and Sohalia. As for his anticipation and what it might be for, well, I can't imagine that it would be for seeing me. Is that really a possibility? I don't remember a time when any man has been interested in me. I am shy about speaking, and I think I often come off prudish. But what they don't understand about me is that I enjoy company and friends - and I've had crushes before too! But the sun sort of drains my energy and willingness to talk. I'm sure Dalibor thinks the same thing about me - boring, prudish, etc.

All the same, I offer a smile to him, shuffling my feathers to lay them more neatly against my sides. My two-toned gaze passes over him. What a handsome man. I'd like a little of that sugar if he ever offered it my way. I look back over my shoulder in the direction I expect us to go. I hope that he realizes that I have acknowledged his information and stored it in the back of my mind. I reach my nose out to him and wonder if he will return the gesture. Heat rises to my cheeks before he's even said anything else, and I hope that no blush shows. "We will report it. Let us.. explore." I didn't mean to insinuate anything, but somehow my words came out funny, and I can't help but think that maybe my subconscious was at work. Dalibor can make what he wants of my words.

"Speech"
Tags: @[Dalibor], WC: 380, Other: she wants him to love her but she's so shyyy

Trey Ratcliff @ flickr
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod

The battle-scarred male's thoughts on Andromeda did not run towards prudish and boring by any means. Shy, reticent and coy, perhaps, but not prudish. Dalibor had never quite understood the practice of shaming those who were not promiscuous, as if guarding your body and who you let taste of it was something to be frowned upon. Those who took equally precious care of their belongings were lauded as careful and responsible, but gods help you if you didn't bend over and raise tail the moment some stallion wanted to plough you.

And he was one of those stallions, one that would use you for the pleasure you could give with no thought to you and your feelings, then leave. He could even be rough and violent about it - but Dalibor didn't find a woman who wasn't two steps from a whore to be a shameful existence.

He realized Andromeda was smiling at him, the expression soft and gentle and it was soothing the anger he felt inside somehow. A single brow rose in curiosity and amusement as he watched her eyes take stock of him. Was she checking him out? Appraising him? Judging? Did he measure up to whatever standard she held in her mind for a man? Flicking his eyes in the direction she looked as well, he saw nothing and returned his gaze to her form; it was prettier to look at than half-melted snow.

She reached for him and the pegasus felt time slow. What was this for? Knowing that under normal circumstances, he would ignore this advance unless he wanted to put the mare beneath him until they were both trembling and exhausted, Dalibor felt a moment of panic. Had he forgotten how to be anything other than rough? Making a split-second decision, the male reached out and pushed his scarred muzzle to her cheek briefly, inhaling her scent and feeling her heat before drawing back. Touch was...a dangerous thing.

And then she spoke, and lit him on fire. "Yes...let us..." he rumbled, eyes bright and focused on her. She could lead the way. He had a particular view he wished to admire at the moment.

@[Andromeda]

"talk talk talk"

I will fail you, of that I'm sure

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren

I watch him so very carefully, but even with my greatest powers of observation, I cannot read the roan stallion's mind. He reaches for me and touches my cheek with his scarred muzzle. My entire body shudders as he touches me and I feel a heat rise inside me, not just my cheeks, but all over. My face, my chest, my belly, ... there. I don't even know how to respond to what I'm feeling, how to process it. It's not something I've ever felt before - the heat, the desire. What am I supposed to do? I am not the kind to raise my tail and invite any ol' boy in. But Dalibor isn't just any ol' boy is he? I feel like much of my free time is spent with him, and yet do I even know him? Can I open up? Maybe if I were more talkative, less shy, I could get to know him and learn what he's like. Maybe he could learn more about me. I can't just give myself to someone who is practically a stranger.

And yet that's what I want to do. It doesn't matter who he is, his past... I'm drawn to him and my hormones tell me that I want him. Am I in heat? Is there a reason that my body is trying to overpower my mind? He ushers me forward and I walk ahead, letting my tail swish back and forth as I step in the thin layers of snow. I walk along the side of the Steppe that is nearest the Basin, trying to peer down and see if I can spot anything. It's difficult, and really I can't see much of anything. Only the sentinels toward the front that Dalibor has seen and mentioned to me before. I take a deep breath and decide it is now or never to strike up a conversation, or a semblance of one. "I feel bad that there's not much to report; the Steppe is so quiet. But maybe, we can use this time for ourselves..." And there it is. The provocative statement that no one would ever believe passed my lips. I think I may have a heart attack just for thinking those words. How will Dalibor react? I don't know his past life or the romances he may have had. I don't know his feelings, hormones, what or who he likes.. I can only hope he likes me, and maybe, he wants... me.

WC: 413, Tag: @[Dalibor]

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread