the Rift

[PRIVATE] Earthquake. (Closed)

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Oxy
Really? You reveal to him that you've managed to thieve the prized possession of his estranged General and all he can offer you is a statement that he doubts she was pleased!? Your mind tries to chug through a haze as you ponder why it is that he can stay so calm in the face of the realization that he named an idiot to his council. Are you really so terrible that he's ok with having a weak moron as general and he won't even consider your prowess to have defeated her? Maybe you're just reading into it too much. To console your hurt pride, you reach into your bag and grab a vine to chew on, enjoying the way the juices drizzle across your tongue.

If you knew that he inspected you the way you inspect him, that he watches you and wants to know how you work... would it make anything different? Would you appreciate his soldier's mind instead of hating him for being a mystery to you? Maybe, and yet maybe not. You are designed to be bitter because nobody has ever proven to be trustworthy for more than a moment in time. You are jaded by years of hurt, drowning out sorrows and memories with your undesirable habits. Ideas like these are not changed in a fortnight.

But why do you offer? Because you wish to play the double agent? An hour ago that would have been the answer, but now you're not so sure. Is your offer real? You have never had to pawn yourself about as a sell-sword before and you're not entirely sure how you feel about the whole thing. But you decide to go with it, because what else can you do? “Because you have what I want. I could beat any of your soldiers ten times over in battle and I'm supposed to take orders from them?” What had been a mild gaze turns momentarily to a glare, as if you're blaming him, before retreating again to a more neutral expression. “Rose Red can only give me invented power. You can give me real power...” You watch him, curious for his reaction. Does he appreciate such candor? You do not know, but if you threaten your right to a home here you're sure there are other places you can go.
scars remind us our past is real
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Earthquake. (Closed) - by Oxy - 06-02-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: Earthquake. - by Midas - 06-03-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Earthquake. - by Oxy - 06-03-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Earthquake. - by Midas - 06-11-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: Earthquake. - by Oxy - 06-27-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: Earthquake. - by Midas - 06-28-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Earthquake. - by Oxy - 07-03-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Earthquake. - by Midas - 07-03-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Earthquake. - by Oxy - 07-05-2014, 01:12 AM
RE: Earthquake. - by Midas - 07-06-2014, 10:24 AM