the Rift

[PRIVATE] losing my faith [Mauja]

Antiope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

He didn't understand me. He just... Looked at me, as if I was an idiot. I felt the shame burn in my face and my gaze fell on the ground, staring at the stallion's hooves. Why was it so hard to speak? Mother had done it. She had spoken perfect english whenever she had taken us to Empório, the trading city where slaves were imported daily. But why couldn't I do it? "You're being terribly hard to understand, Antiope." And why did I understand him perfectly? I looked up, suddenly realizing how tall he was. He... He was the same height as Brighid had been. Of course a bit thinner, but still the same height. I took a deep breath before trying again. "Not good english, not my language." Oh! It worked better this time! I smiled over my success and flicked my ears forward, happy that I had spoken an almost complete sentence in the foreign language.

"I a... I am from Elysia. Speaks Elysian Greek." I was getting better. Much better. "I am prinkípissa. Dau..." No, that couldn't be right. Let's try again. "Dau...ghter of Elysian Vasílissa. Que... Queen? Is that word?" And it was going downhill again. A frown took place on my lips as I tried to figure this language out. How did it work?

"Sorry," I whispered and looked down again, ashamed of my horrible english. But I soon looked up again, because even non-Elysians were to be treated with respect in my opinion. "Poio eínai to ónomá sou? Your name?" It was literally the same question, but I just had to try again. He looked so much like Haemon, they had to be relatives and thus he should know the language of Elysia. He had to.

"Talking."
tags // Mauja
wordcount // 293
ooc // Prinkípissa = Princess
Vasílissa = Queen
background by asphyxiate-stock.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
losing my faith [Mauja] - by Antiope - 06-03-2014, 05:01 AM
RE: losing my faith [Mauja] - by Mauja - 06-04-2014, 04:44 AM
RE: losing my faith [Mauja] - by Antiope - 06-05-2014, 08:06 AM
RE: losing my faith [Mauja] - by Mauja - 06-05-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: losing my faith [Mauja] - by Antiope - 06-05-2014, 09:47 AM