the Rift

[OPEN] You are not the Sun.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
It was odd, the feeling that I needed this strangers approval suddenly. That he might consider my idea silly, stupid, useless, that he might disregard it completely suddenly filled me with a sense of deep-seeded doubt. The feeling consumed me, and though I didn't outwardly change, I felt wound up tight, nervous, anxious to know what his thoughts on the matter would be. To be rejected by a complete stranger - why did it suddenly matter so much? No matter what we discussed here today, all I was bound to do afterwards was carry on with my simple life, and he with his. Why would holding his approval (or disapproval) change that? Why did it consume my every thought, make me want to research further into his field so that I could impress him with my knowledge, knowledge that I have yet previously held no desire for?

But he nods, enthusiastically confirming that my idea was not simply a farfetched, passing thought, but an actual, potentially useful one. I smile now, my surprise chased away by the reassurance of his deep voice and the low, mumbling hum that resonates from his throat. He surprises me again by then informing me of his name, and my ears bounce to alertness to capture it. Dragomir, and as he says it, I wonder at whether his parents named him in hopes of him one day bonding to the draconic creatures only an equine's soul was conditioned to accept. I hadn't had terribly much exposure to them, but enough to hold a wary admiration for them - I could only imagine the bond that occurred between they and their equine counterparts were similar to that which once tied us together.

"Cirrus," I say by way of reply, muscles twitching along my back, as with the prolonged period of standing idle, the insectile inhabitants of this beach have decided to finally settle upon us. A foreleg shifts in the sand as a particularly insistent bug attempts to gnaw at my skin. I frown a little, though the insects have succeeded in giving me yet another distraction from my misery, and fear of rejection. "Want to swim?" I lift my gaze once more, looking at Dragomir, the query alight behind my eyes. "It'd help get rid of the insects." I add, realising belatedly that my query probably sounded random to one not tuned directly into my thoughts. My bodice turns towards the shifting shoreline, my hooves sinking further as the sand I walk on becomes more wet, as waves begin to lap at my pasterns and the spray of the ocean darkens my cloud-painted hide.

I smile over my shoulder at him, inviting him to take a break from his collection of things and simply enjoy the simple pleasures of life by an ocean.

@[Dragomir]
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    You are not the Sun. - by Dragomir - 06-03-2014, 12:08 PM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Cirrus - 06-05-2014, 10:15 PM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Dragomir - 06-11-2014, 02:25 PM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Cirrus - 06-16-2014, 03:46 AM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Dragomir - 06-29-2014, 12:49 PM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Cirrus - 07-10-2014, 03:07 AM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Dragomir - 07-18-2014, 11:48 AM