the Rift

[OPEN] You are not the Sun.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
He speaks of being alone, and I cannot help but cough out a chocked laugh at the words. Yes, it was lonely living in the wilds, but that was the idea. I couldn't bear to be around others, not when everything was still so ridiculously raw, so open, not when I was so weak I couldn't even enjoy a swim at the beach without feeling a tidal wave of guilt just about knocking me over. Perhaps, in time, I would be able to interact normally again.. But what if I never did?

He keeps talking, only this time I give him half an ear's worth of attention instead of my entire captivated attention. He talks of the World's Edge, and my gaze drunkenly makes its way to the cliff that stands tall and domineering in the distance. He mentions a name I don't recognise, a Kahlua who I assume is the newest ascendant to power in the lands - it only serves to remind me how absent I've been, how much I have missed. Gone are the times when I had earned myself respect in the herd, so much so that Kri and I had travelled together, to meet with high-ranking delegates from herds all over. Gone are the times when others would call my name, seeking my skills as a Healer, or more rarely, a defender of the borders. Gone are the times when I was recognised by an entire herd.

Gone are the times when you and I shared a soul.

Would those times ever return?

A shaky sob catches me off-guard again, as I blink back the tears that tried once again to well up behind the sharp cerulean orbs of my eyes. I shuffle my wings closer to my hide, and I attempt to pull the wind into line - the last thing we needed now was a summer hurricane destroying the beach through my careless, thoughtless loss of control. It settles, slowly, slipping occasionally from my grasp like a bar of soap in wet hands. I breathe in, shutting my eyes against the world, and seemingly rebalancing myself again.

"Thanks," I say quietly, after I've spent a handful of moments finding my equilibrium again. I open my eyes, and I look to the painted steed with sincere gratitude. He had no cause to be so kind to me, to offer me refuge in his home. Perhaps I would think him foolish - if I wasn't so tempted to take him up on his offer. But I couldn't, I simply could not commit to meeting an entire new herd, whether for a short stay or to take up permanent residence.. Not yet. Not so soon after.. Everything.

"Another time," I say quietly, sadly, sighing after I spoke, wishing my words wouldn't cause hurt and disappointment but afraid and resigned that they will do just that anyway. "I'll definitely visit you, sometime." My maw curves in a small, lopsided grin as I consider him through a tilted gaze. I move to press my maw against his, to gently hold a form contact for several seconds, so that we might, for those moments, share the same breath, and feel the world around us in the same way. "Thank you," I say it again, though I do not dare elaborate the full extent as to why I am so grateful. "You're very kind." I add, somewhat lamely, pulling myself back into my own space and turning my gaze out over the expanse of the ocean - halfheartedly, I wished that my wings were strong enough to carry me to whatever laid beyond that horizon.

And then the other half was glad that my wings would take the rest of the day to become dry enough to take flight again, so that enough time would pass for me to realise that I could never leave Helovia again.

@[Dragomir]
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
sxc.hu | larfsalot
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    You are not the Sun. - by Dragomir - 06-03-2014, 12:08 PM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Cirrus - 06-05-2014, 10:15 PM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Dragomir - 06-11-2014, 02:25 PM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Cirrus - 06-16-2014, 03:46 AM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Dragomir - 06-29-2014, 12:49 PM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Cirrus - 07-10-2014, 03:07 AM
    RE: You are not the Sun. - by Dragomir - 07-18-2014, 11:48 AM