the Rift

[OPEN] a golden triad; [SPARK]

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

Time. It was entirely relative to those who experienced it - but what about the one who controlled it, made it work? Such an observation was not something the God of the Spark felt necessary to bestow upon the mortals that worshiped him - few as they were. At least they kept his land functioning, even if there were hiccups and utterly abysmal decisions along the way.

The Time God felt a simultaneously familiar and unfamiliar pull towards the mortal realm of Helovia, a summoning to the shrine dedicated to his divine personhood.

A pile of rocks. The Earth God had insisted that the superstitious mortals would revere a pile of rocks as long as there was some magical component associated with them. Simpletons, all of them. Yet here there were three - three! - mortals praying at the Veins. Well, two praying to him. One prayed to his hotheaded brother, it seemed. Interesting...

Looking to his right, the God of the Spark singled out this moment from the constantly flowing time stream around him, slowing it, clarifying it, bringing it into focus. He recognized the vain mare, Illynx; she headed his mortal realm now with that death-obsessed necromancer Deimos. However, the dark child next to her was a development he hadn't previously paid much heed. A quick peek into the past solved that conundrum, and answered who the white hybrid was that knelt at his Sun brother's shrine.

Would his brother answer his own spawn? The future was hard to discern amongst his immortal fellows, not following the same paths and patterns as the mortal march of existence. Stepping out of his place in time, the God of the Spark descended to Helovia with a crack of lightning and roar of thunder, eyes watching the dispelled electricity skitter across the ground he touched for a ways before completely dissipating.

The expression on his face colored him unimpressed. "You realize this is exactly what your Haruspex is for?" the stallion queried, his tone short and irked. "I hope you think that your being leader of my Basin doesn't exempt you from common sense - or the belief that you've somehow earned the right to my blessing by completing a laughably fleeting rise to 'power,'" he said, tossing his head with a snort, electric gaze glancing towards Illynx's son. "Teaching the boy this early that he can get whatever he wants? That's a parenting strategy, I suppose."

Eyes regarding both the Gilded Blade and her son, he raised his chin some. "You could have simply used the mirror I gifted you instead of traveling here. As this is a waste of everyone's time, make it quick: What do you want and why should I give it to you? Both of you," the God of the Spark clarified. Why should he reward a child who barely understood his own thoughts, let alone life or the ravages of time? Impatiently waiting for the unicorns to explain themselves, his attention drifted to the white and gold hybrid filly nearby, wondering still if his brother would make an appearance. Her existence reminded him of his own daughter, and her mother. A frown pursed his lips for a fraction of a second of time before disappearing.

Would they get on with it already and commence their requests?

@[Illynx]
@[Rikyn]

------------------------------------------

OOC: The shock magic upgrade is the only applicable option here, and Illynx will need to choose one of three uses with the magic:

1. Sap energy from her victim to harm them

OR

2. Channel energy from victim to heal wounds

OR

3. Channel energy from victim to increase endurance

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Messages In This Thread
a golden triad; [SPARK] - by Illynx - 06-03-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: a golden triad; [SPARK] - by Aithniel - 06-03-2014, 05:07 PM
RE: a golden triad; [SPARK] - by God of the Spark - 06-18-2014, 07:47 PM
RE: a golden triad; [SPARK] - by Illynx - 06-28-2014, 11:45 AM
RE: a golden triad; [SPARK] - by Aithniel - 07-07-2014, 11:06 PM