[OPEN] Just Know That I'm Already Home

Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
If I Shout and Can't Be Heard,
I Want to be Destroyed at Your Hands</style>

While I Can Still be Called "Me"

Of every response that Luken could have expected upon seeing his father's head jerk in his direction, his brown orbs focusing upon the young stud's body, seeing an emerald blur launch itself from Destrier's hide and towards him hadn't been it... But Luken didn't balk, or feel any fear of any kind, for he recognized the green dragon that protected his father just as fiercely as Destrier had protected him. Suli. It was Suli.

"Suli," the draft-mutt breathed, chocolate orbs closing as the female green proceeded to climb all over him in obvious joy. "I'm happy to see you, too." And he was, oh Gods, he was. Where Suli was, his noble father was never far behind, and that caused relief and joy to flood anew inside the young stallion's heart, filling his breast with warmth and love, feelings that he hadn't experienced in what seemed like a long, long time.

'Luken.' The simple, two syllables uttered by the war-torn Friesian's lips caused the said youth to snap his head back towards his father, eyes softening with unchecked emotion, ears swiveling forward to listen to any words that the steed may speak... But instead of words, came actions, and Luken preferred those anyway. As the distance between father and son were lessened, the paint-mutt remained still, eyes focused only on Destrier, and willingly he let himself be drawn into the strong stallion's embrace.

The youth's nostrils flared wide as he inhaled sharp, deep breaths of Destrier's familiar scent, allowing his eyes to slip shut in peace. Finally. Finally, they were together again. Even if it was just he and Destrier, and Suli of course, they were still a family. Repeatidly the boy rubbed his cheek upon any place he could reach, swallowing thickly. When he opened his mouth to speak, Luken's words came out choked and strained. "I missed you so much," he whispered, uncaring if the other in their midst overheard, "I'm so glad to see you again. I... I don't know where Laila is." And that hurt.

It had been his job since foalhood to look after his twin sister, and somewhere along the lines, along their path to becoming proud adults, he had failed. Wherever Laila was, whatever she was doing, Luken could only pray that she was safe and out of harms way, and that soon she would return home... But it didn't make the pain from her absence fade. It felt as though a part of his soul was missing, like the other half of his heart was just ripped away savagely, and the only thing left behind was a rotten, festering wound.

"I'm sorry..."

Because apologizing was all he could do. Would Destrier be angry? Or would he understand? Life hadn't been easy for anyone of Helovia, and many a poor soul had gone missing during these dark times... Even as Destrier seemed to collect himself and pull himself away, but not far, Luken felt comfort in the familiar weight of Suli perched upon his crown, nestled in the strands of his ivory, crimped forelock. Her purr was soothing, and Luken felt himself releasing a deep breath of past-held tension.

It was then that his father told his tale, where he had been, the tortures that he had experienced, and a deep, blood-boiling rage threatened to make Luken scowl. Humans? He had never met a 'human', and from the sounds of it, he never wanted to. What kind of monstrosities could be responsible for such misplaced persecution and misery?

Luken snorted, a hoof stamping with ill-hidden rage. "I say give them a taste of their own medicine..." He grumbled beneath his breath, brown eyes flicking upwards towards Suli before focusing back on the there and now. Aside from the painted stallion called Dragomir, a familiar beauty soon joined them. It was Resplendence; the gentle, nervous mare that Luken briefly remembered from all those suns ago when they went bone hunting in the marsh. Despite not knowing her very well, Luken had genuinely enjoyed her company, albeit however briefly it had been, and seeing her now was also a relief.

With Resplendence there, they could get Destrier the medical care that he needed.

Messages In This Thread
Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Destrier - 06-03-2014, 07:18 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Dragomir - 06-04-2014, 10:19 AM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Luken - 06-06-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Destrier - 06-08-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Dragomir - 06-10-2014, 09:41 AM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Luken - 06-11-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Destrier - 06-21-2014, 06:18 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Dragomir - 06-29-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Luken - 07-01-2014, 11:48 AM