the Rift

[OPEN] Just Know That I'm Already Home

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

Luken claims he knows not where Laila is; a claim that has my already aching heart threatening to come undone completely. The twins had always been quite dependent, and although I knew that my daughter was strong in both mind and body, I couldn't help the terror that gripped my heart as I thought of her. Helovia was a huge place, and it would be nearly impossible for me to find her. But... I would, if it came down to it, and scour every single corner of Helovia if I had to.

Looking to my pale son, my own bister eyes glazed with sadness, I sucked down a deep breath and then let it out slowly, reaching out to press my muzzle gently into the young stallion's neck. "I missed you, too," I confided softly, pressing my head gently against that of Luken's if he allowed it, happy that my boy was here and safe in the Edge, before lifting my head once more. "It isn't your fault, Luken... We'll go and find her, I promise." A promise I would keep for sure this time, and when we did find her, because I would make sure we did... I could only hope that she'd be alive and happy.

It wasn't any surprise that none of my family knew what exactly humans were. None had ever stepped foot into Helovia, at least to my knowledge, and that was perhaps for the best. I could only imagine what horrors would befall man and equine, especially if they were anything like the ones in Alryne. Dragomir remained quiet at my explanation, but it hardly bothered me. The last thing I wanted to speak or think of was that foul place that had ruined my once-home. Luken's display would have warranted him more than the somewhat reprimanding look I shot him, but the arrival of another stole my attention before I could speak.

The dun I knew as Resplendence was a refreshing sight to see. I remembered her well, from all the meetings to the time she had helped me collect dragon bones from the marsh, and the time I had aided in hauling her herbal box from the Edge to the caves. Her cracking exclamations had me briefly worried for her wellbeing, she finally comes to a stop and reaches for me, an action I gladly returned by gently bumping my muzzle to her own. "I'm sorry," I decided to say first, knowing those simple words could never right the wrong I had made but uncertain what else to say. "I'll make it right, though, I swear... And I'm alright, save for some scratches here and there. Maybe you know something that can help close them up a bit faster?"

Dragonmir spoke then, speaking words I had hoped I wouldn't have to hear. Mirage and Lace, two I knew little of but still admired a great deal, had vanished in the darkness. I didn't wish to think of them really gone, but for now, there was no way of truly being able to tell. "She would serve her well," I remarked of our Goddess, clearly disliking the thought of our Queen being gone, but Mirage had always loved the Moon like no other.

"But, if not Mirage," I asked then, furrowing my brows deeply in curiosity, "Then who wears the crown now?"

"Speak."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Destrier - 06-03-2014, 07:18 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Dragomir - 06-04-2014, 10:19 AM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Luken - 06-06-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Destrier - 06-08-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Dragomir - 06-10-2014, 09:41 AM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Luken - 06-11-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Destrier - 06-21-2014, 06:18 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Dragomir - 06-29-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Just Know That I'm Already Home - by Luken - 07-01-2014, 11:48 AM