the Rift

[OPEN] Oh, I just can't wait to be queen

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

This girl never shut up. Luckily for her, she’d finally met a man who didn’t mind. In fact he loved it. Oh yes, lucky day for her. Lucky it would not be too much harm for her, yet. Still, she was divulging the most curious inner thoughts on history. Who said anyone’s history was the same. The gold mused as he let a pleasant face continue. Golden son was a snake to those, but perhaps if you look deep enough you might find there are some worthy truths in his breast to be found. History for one, was a subject the gold laughed at. Histories was more accurate. Many consider history to be singular. There is a story, a good and evil, and a beginning, middle, and end. That’s just like you to try and tie up the complexity of life with a neat little bow. Those happy thoughts are only for the victors. Others know better. History is never objective, never unbiased, no matter how much the text books say. There is always a motive, and always a view. You can’t help it, you’re mortal. You have a say in the world and heart that cares for the body it lives in. Feelings leave you like a spiders webs, desperately trying to rationalize and keep solid those around you. Why do you think the gold knows so much about spinning them?

So as she tells him the history she knows he listens, and finds it not much different from the one he thought of before. Only Sir MeanyUnicorn is replaced by the Basin, and its Masters of evil Deimos and his lady. The King GoodyEquine turned out to be the damsel queen herself. He did not have to have it drawn on the map who she thinks ended up with the better end of the treaty. Oh how the golden wanted to roll his eyes at her innocent mind. True to her nature the damsel had never let her thoughts expand, and grow to the world. That’s what kept him from her. He’d been forced to expand, letting go of his own webs, to see those of others. But this is not the time for those thoughts.

There was hope, she mentions Fare-something. Perhaps the damsel is not so lost after all. She sees what he sees, she just can’t name it yet. The time would come for him to praise her unknowing thoughts and finally teach the damsel a tiny hint of the world he sees. The history of Helovia was in all fact though, an utter let down. Honestly, an invasion by some bullies was the best they had? Making a name for himself would then indeed be a piece of cake. It was helpful to know where the Basin stood in all this, but that is of a boring thought indeed. The most important aspect of that were they were still feared. She was hesitating, commenting carefully. Even the damsel was not free to be fearless against them. Indeed she might find pleasure to know the truth, all of it. That this gold was staged to cause her enemies some of the larger headaches they’d yet faced. But she was not privileged to those. Pity.

Hinds shifted as she moved into his second question. The two had been standing for sometime in the Rotunda, and the sun was moving on. Thranduil was never one to stand and talk for too long. Yet the topic was becoming more interesting. His lady was not a clean as she claimed. No, his lady which tossed herself about in an air of superiority above all was the worst of them all. The golden took note of all the damsel said, keeping well and deep within him till the time called. Many of it was indeed against his own thoughts, and it roused a heat about his inner being towards her. Put that away for now though, the time is not right. Only letting slip a low comment, “So you know her twisted past and mind, and the damned thoughts they carry.” The dear girl also finally made note of her true purpose, a quest. The possibility of going on a quest for the gods of this land never occurred to the gold. Could it be the gods actually gave a damn here? Still, that also begged the question of what the damsel was questing for. Most likely some childish, girlish thing. There too many thoughts about and time running low. The last was a thought of the Basin. So, his lady was on the move, attempting to cover up the running mascara with fresh blush. Oh, but this damsel was not as hollow as she seemed, and her voice hovered. There would be little aid to the Basin. The golden nodded, understandingly. The fear the Basin had created was already eating away at it, and whatever his lady was planning.

Oh, but there was a slip. The gold had just thought how un-stupid the damsel was proving and here she shown it like the sun that crowns are not handed out on the street to passers-by. The shock at her request for his version kept him from showing it. The face remained unchanged for a moment. But inside the gold was wide eyed. Then in the same rapid powers he had shown to the fire bird only the day or so before the gold pushed deep thought on his face. Legs demanded movement. They did not like it when the conversation twisted to a surprise, and so he abided, by little. Moving from before the damsel he moved to an opening between the pillars and cloth. Cloven hooves dragging wearily, tasseled tail still. Stopping near the gap he did no look out but sighed heavily looking to the ground. These clever moves hid the inner minds spinning. And spinning it was.

The first moment the golden feared he’d be revealed, he knew no version, other than hers and it was clear they were not supposed to be the same. The gold’s mind never feared long though. There was a part to play. Just as the fire bird earlier, there was a tale she expected to hear. Crafting it carefully so as to still remain her wounded knight the golden spoke softly. “There are two versions I know.” Looking back up to her the gold looked cold and distant. “I was not always as I am, at one time I believed what I was told.” Shaking his head and looking out the opening, the voice continued in sadness. “That the land was taken from the unicorns, and my calling was to rid the trespassers of it.” Voice grew at the end with venom. Tremors ran across him. Then the hardness it a wall. “I could no-” Pervious flow was losing its grip at the memory which tortured him. The gold tucked his head and closed his eyes, shutting out the fantasy memory. “I would no-.” Looking back to her, the gold’s eyes nearly pleaded. Let her believe he fears the strength that failed him on that day which never existed. Let her morn for him that the golden felt like a traitor. Tension broke in him, eyes turned away. “I beg you remember that just as much was lost that day as was won.” Then he regained some inner core, which had held him through before. “I will not stand idly at the murder of the innocent.” Head rose again and he stood taller, as if the sentence now spoken gave him new strength. “Now I have a new version of history.” Tassled tail flicked and the tension of the moment was passing. “There are no dominant species, only raging tyrants.” Silence settled.

Damn he was good. In fact he almost felt sorry for himself! A chuckle stifled in his thoughts at it. Honestly he should get a medal for his skills shown in that one scene. While he crafted and spun the lines inside he was a jolly. The deed was too dark to laugh at but he grinned to her with lips dripping the venom he was spreading. There still some truth to be told though, some lesson that the damsel needed to learn. Why the golden felt so strongly that he must convey this to her even he did not fully understand. Perhaps it is because she is the first he found to have a glimmer of hope at understanding it. Perhaps it is because there was something her childish ways. Oh but the gold would deny it. This was only a lesson, a classroom, no room for feelings and relationships here. “That is why I asked you what Illynx told you.” Turning from the window back to her he spoke more gently, and at ease, the memories being diluted out with new thoughts. And in all honesty, there was some dilution. Dilution of the lies to the truth. “Tell me Queen Kahlua, do you think that my mind and Illynx’s speak the same, move the same? Do we feel the same, keep the same? Dear innocent one, do we think the same?” Eyes let reveal the inner desire to know. If she looked close she’d be one of the few to catch him not in the middle of a lie. Though, it was likely to go unnoticed. "And I beg you to remember dear Queen what you and the unicorn crafter bonded over, for it was surely not your looks." It was likely to go unnoticed that the golden was actually caring about her answer.

ETA :: ADDITIONAL QUESTION I WAS TOO WRITING TIRED TO REMEMBER TO PUT IN BEFORE
OOC :: I'm terribly sorry for the length dear and if you find it a tad boring at parts!
"speech"

Have you,
Could you,
Cry a little now?
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-04-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-09-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-15-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-01-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-06-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Thranduil - 07-06-2014, 11:48 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-17-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-28-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 08-10-2014, 03:36 PM