the Rift

[OPEN] Oh, I just can't wait to be queen

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

There seemed to be hope. Blue eyes lowered in regret filled empathy. Her touch gentle and sweet. Earth eyes watch her close and sees the pain sink in. Those dark moments of death and loss. It dwells there in her eyes and she seems settled. Her wondering no more fills her with desire. The painted damsel is content. The golden is thrilled. If she questioned anymore he really would be at a loss. Stories are easy to pull from nothing, but names. Well, those are like a tracking number. Even those this poor girl most likely wouldn’t be tracking down those involved, but it did seem likely she would call Illynx out on it. It was not his favorite thought that his lady would be caught in such a tangle of webs. At least, not yet. The golden was still building up, her time was coming. The thought of her being blamed for his emotional downfall was actually rather interesting. Perhaps he’d pull those strings one day, but not today.

Evangeline. The previous mystery cleared up, he found the answer dull, if only to show that the damsel was held up as queen by those behind her. That partially explained why the land had not fallen to ruin. It did show a worthy characteristic in the damsel queen though, that she knew her faults enough to listen to those she deemed wiser. Too bad the golden found that utterly boring and useless What good is a person who has no ego to burst or arrogance to abuse. This Evangeline though did sound a little higher on the thinking scale. It had been a while since he’d heard the eye for and eye line, and it picked the gold’s interest another in these lands knew it or had thought of it. The gold hoped some of those smarts had rubbed off onto the damsel queen and that perhaps she would be able to see the elaborate portrait he was painting.

She didn’t see the damn tree. In fact, she might not even see the bark anymore. Inside the golden son flustered about in irritation. Why did he even bother. The woman even had the gall to look away and become bored. Harks wanted to pin and teeth grab the child and shake her from her day dreams. Pound it in her, literally. How could she not be interested? He was sharing a deeper meaning, a glimpse into the workings of the world. And she was bored enough to let it slip past her tiny damsel mind. Thranduil had taken such care to lay it before her! Of course he hadn’t been very careful in keeping his ego out of it, but that was beside the point. She should have gotten it. That black and white queen should have been able, all the pieces were there. See if he ever shares his thoughts with another again. Even this Evangeline the girl mentions. Not worth it. With a smile and nod the gold takes her thoughts in kind as the goes off into her own little world to rebuild her security. The golden was only solidified by her false kindnesses, that he would not make that same generous gift again lightly.

It was of interest though to watch one so innocent, so naïve. Humming along to the afternoon’s melodies she seems to dance off into her own world and the gold is grateful for the break. Of course he still broods in frustration at her inability to conceive his world, or even her lack of desire to do so, but he also needed a break from her questions and excitement. The previous feeling of unsettlement now compounded with these to drag out a sedated emotion. Twin horned head lowered and hind leg cocked. Perhaps the girl would take it as reflectiveness, or a weariness of running from the past, but this was purely caused by her. A weariness of those who did not understand. Then again, the golden had to remind himself of who he was dealing with. The girl was not exactly a professor in philosophy. Besides, was not his whole goal to elude her anyway? A long exhale runs through him. These were all truths, and brought him back. Brought him to remembering his game, and to never invest too much in the hopes of small minds.

Laughter echoes off of the ceiling above and it brings the golden son back to this place. Spanish head raises slightly as she spins back to him like a breath of fresh air. Her heart light and innocent again. The golden was also refreshed, resolved in his place of superiority, and letting go his frustrations of before. Those feelings of unease still lingered, but were once again put aside. The damsel does not let him rest long, once again posing to him a question. The cloven hooves shift him, and tasseled tail gives a gentle flick. Let her think the danger is still present, but remember how nearly she came to be suspicious she became when he was too jumpy. The golden looks at her gently, but apprehension knocking at the door. “Wherever the shadows are darkest.” A hint of sadness, drop of the lips and eyes. “It is best if this is how it stays for now.” Then he seems he can not handle the sadness, he needs her light. Earth eyes look up to her, seeming to melt into warm rich chocolate.

A light grin returns to him, a light brought to a cloudy day. “That should not last though, and I would love to see you again, my friend.” Then the golden did something that was, not all together himself. Not at all like himself. In fact it was so unlike him, he didn’t even understand how it had happened till half way through. That soft gray muzzle reached out, Spanish neck stretching, to gently, brush hers if she allowed. The golden was always so controlled, but he had let his role get away with him. That lovable wounded knight was too real. His body too used to this storyline perhaps. It confused the beast, but he dared not show it. Let her think time apart from company had caused such efforts to be out of practice and so therefore rusty. Perhaps this would hide the confusion as he covered up whatever free thinking his mind was doing. So moving on and away from that little incident. The golden regained some youthfulness, threw a bit of a low chuckle in there, and added a pinch more lightness. “Perhaps our next meeting will be a little lighter in topic. I’d hate for you to know me only as a depressed worry-mare.” There, now he was feeling more himself. More of a sly manger of mischief.

OOC ::
"speech"

What is it today?
This is no time to cave.
Ride yourself of those thoughts,
Or your record will have a dot.
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-04-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-09-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-15-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-01-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-06-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-17-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-28-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Thranduil - 08-05-2014, 09:40 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 08-10-2014, 03:36 PM