[OPEN] The Stranger

Morrigan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Flee! Flee!
Run for your lives!
There is nowhere to hide!
-Smaug

Who was this mare? The one who wandered alone, and every now and again a whisper would pass through her lips, no ears around to pick up on it. If someone had been there to catch her maniacal mumbles, her plan might as well have been left in the dust. But she was careful, constantly watching for others of the equine species. Every now and again her head would lift high and she would survey her surroundings, her careful eyes searching crack and crevice for the signs of another stranger like herself. One who might catch her murmurs and declare her a lunatic. Raising her head once again, the arabian in her allowing her neck to be at a ninety degree angle from her spine, the skin of her neck curving magnificently. Those looking on, instead of declaring lunacy, might proclaim her beauty instead. For she rose up out of the tall grass and thistles like a statue of grace, the striking image of perfection. Dark brown eyes darted around, her prey mentality never quite leaving her, especially without the safety of another guarding her back. She swiveled in place, prancing in a perfect circle, gazing out at where she had come. Her trail was too obvious and she chided herself for that, bent and trodden grasses leading straight to her mixed color hooves.

Catching herself staring absently at nothing, she once again nagged herself, lips moving in the rhythm of the words. Chewing and grinding her teeth, she dove back into the depths of thought she had been lost in. Spiraling down the labyrinth's icy steps, she nearly slipped, sending shards of broken rock to fall down the center abyss. It was as clear as the sun soaked grass surrounding her, a treacherous staircase into her subconscious. Her head dropped low once again and her pace picked up, a measured trot appropriate for the persistent fear she felt. Paranoia was growing and it was all she could do not to enter into a state of panicked terror, full speed away from her invisible horrors. Swallowing this, she took one more quick look around and then continued on her nonexistent path, paving her own way through this eerily empty place.

OOC: Any and all may join :D

Tsar' Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The black and white Czar of the Falls had welcomed me warmly into their ranks of warriors, or as they called them Tiros. My job was to train the young ones and help turn our army into a force to be reckoned with. It was a job I was more than willing to take on, but first I had to meet up with a stallion by the name of Rostislav, apparently he was a higher up who would be giving me the next string of orders. I had been expecting to get passed on to someone else, the Czar was surely a busy man, busier than any of the rest of us with the boarders to patrol and the newcomers (such as myself) to greet. My dark rimmed harks flicked towards the back as my brown dusted limbs moved forward taking me out of the lands that I was now calling "home".
It was strange that in the matter of a day or two in these lands of Helovia I had already found someone to serve under, a place to rest my head, now all I had to do was travel and learn what this place was truly about. Maybe I would even meet a few of the natives and see if I would be considered one of the sane ones in these parts or rather if I would be driven completely mad by the insanity that riddled these parts. Paper thin nares flared ever so slightly as I passed around the edge of the Threshold, I had only just left the place, there was no need in returning to it right away in efforts of finding someone who was in need of a place to stay. Maybe one of these days I would take on the role of being a recruiter, but for today I was headed towards the center of Helovia. A region called the Thistle Meadow.
From what I had heard it was a stunning meadow filled of purpely-pink thistles with creeks running rampant through the middle. With the sun's rays beating down relentlessly upon my broad back I wondered if the flowers would still be full and beautiful in all of their blooms, but for some reason I doubted they would be as stunning as if it were still the coolness of Birdsong.
Surprisingly, it didn't take me too horribly long to get to the Meadow, maybe an hour or two, possibly a little longer. But either way, I was pleased by the sight that rolled out across the horizon, some of the flowers had wilted but there were still a few places closer to the rushing water that still shone a bright purple. Silvery pools flickered back and forth across where the flowers began trying to figure out the best way through without breaking a million stalks beneath my dinner plate sized hooves. Finally they settled upon a path of already destroyed thistles, the path was made by a creature smaller than myself, but it was still better than killing them all on my own.
Thick legs moved forwards once again, stepping into the path made by the unknown smaller animal that I would follow until I grew bored and decided that breaking the plants would be more interesting. Or until something further out caught my attention and drew me away from the premade path. Effortlessly I trotted through the thistles, silver eyes forever on the move as I hoped to find someone who could possibly be interesting enough to converse with, when the blue crown of the one I expected had made the path I was following popped up a look of panic crossing her features as she seemed to be racing from whatever it was that had been chasing her.
I snorted, my darkened paper thins flaring out as air rushed through them with force, as my mind rolled over itself in efforts to figure out just what it was that was scaring her. Or maybe she was just mad, a tool box without the hammer, whatever you wanted to call it. But there was still that chance that something bad was happening to her and I wasn't going to stand here and just let it happen. Stride lengthened into an extended trot that would have made any dressage horse jealous as I kept my silver pools locked in on the mare that wasn't too far ahead of me.

"I speak here"
OOC: Hope you don't mind me tossing him in here. xD poor Tsar', thinks he is gonna be helpful even though it seems like he is the thing she is paranoid about. ♠♠
{736}
Tagged: @[Morrigan]

Ben Francis @ flickr

Unregistered
Flee! Flee!
Run for your lives!
-Smaug

Sounds broke through the underground, the tread of great hooves echoing in the hollow tunnels of the vole. He was panicked, diving through tunnels at incredible speeds to try to save himself, and if possible, save his home. With eyesight being useless in this dark place, he relied on his smell and perceptive ears. He could hear the four full feet of one, but felt the vibrations of another, one not as close, not as dangerous. So he ignored this other one, rushing from one of the mouths of the burrow to scurry about in general fright, he wasn't a very bright one.

Up above, the lady who was incidentally trampling the burrows of the innocent, something she probably would have done whether she knew they were there or not, raised her head. Ears stood erect, similarly her neck stood straight from her body, the immediate instinct to run pushing at her as she searched for the one who caught her attention. The male was easy to spot, so conspicuous he was, he might as well have been an elephant in a treeless place like this. Instincts were swallowed down with a indelicate tang, and she prepared her tones of pure innocence, as if a demon were not lurking somewhere inside. A mellifluous voice would part her precious lips and she would become an ingenue once again. "Oh, I'm not trespassing am I? I didn't find a border anywhere, though I imagine this would be a beautiful place to call home," She maintained her charade perfectly, she hid behind slight fear and alarm. It was after she had stated her purity that she began to look over the source of her startled gaze and apologetic voice.

He was massive, that was simply the best way to describe him. She had seen one of the draft breed before, but her socializing had gone a little awry when her mother became more and more of a lunatic. It was in the herd that she killed her father, where she had seen this draft. But to be honest he could have only been part draft, because he has matched her in height, only taking her in the muscles which were held on his thick bones and the width of his barrel. Scanning him with her soft chocolate eyes, the ones laced with concern and kindness, she found him to be quite handsome, his horns the best part of him. Erupting from the crest of his skull were ivory horns, each extraordinary in their detail and the beauty which they gave him. Suddenly a feeling of envy sparked in her chest, jealousy oozing from every pore. She wanted those horns, she wanted them badly. The devil who resided in the tower of her mind, peered out, wishing, no longing, for those gems which rested atop the male's head. He probably doesn't even appreciate what he has. Disgusting thoughts spawned in her head, like tiny spider fleeing from the egg sac of a crushed mother. She smashed them though, feeling they would only lead to trouble, envy was not an evil which she would allow.

It was then that she met his silver eyes, one which might be considered a dull gray had they not sparkled so. They drew her in, she even took a step forward, closing the gap between her and those marvelous eyes. But this was also not to be allowed, love and lust were not in the plan either, they were to be put out of their misery like the envy. Instead she hid this secret lust away, in the very crevice of the icy hole which her heart used to inhabit, a kind of sentiment to the long lost thing. She held her pose though, one leg held forward, barely touching the ground as if to see if it was okay to approach. The mare which she disguised herself as, didn't wish to talk across this wide gap, she wanted to feel his breath upon her. No! Once again she held a lustful thought, one which stemmed from years without male companionship. So instead of bridging the gap, she leaned back and place her hoof in the place it had been, refusing to come any closer. It will be up to him whether we need to yell just to hear each other.

OOC: Nah, she's more paranoid of big cats...

@Tsar'

Tsar' Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The fact that my presence was known became quite obvious when the blue mare's nape and harks made an almost even line of attention, an amusing sight as I was unlikely to hurt a fly unless it was going after someone that I was loyal too. Her skull turned and chocolate eyes settled upon my dusty frame, a look of shock crossed over her white splashed features, as if she hadn't heard me coming from a mile away. Maybe I would have done good in the sneak department, I had assumed my size would be too massive to be able to be a proper spy. Silver pools flicked away from the startled mare for a moment, looking out over the tall wild weeds, since they couldn't quite be called flowers. It was quite beautiful the way the whole area had a haze of pinkish purple to the lighting due to the way the sun smacked down on the petals.
"Oh, I'm not trespassing am I? I didn't find a border anywhere, though I imagine this would be a beautiful place to call home," the mare's gentle, angelic lyrics drew my attention away from the beautiful landscape that she had automatically assumed was my home. A light chuckle escaped from my lips as I shook my twin horned skull from left to right and back again. "This land belongs to no one. Feel free to wander lady." My own deep, deep baritones broke through the sound barrier on their way towards the blue mare's forward pricked harks, it was true, this was no home so I was not protecting it from trespassers and she was more than able to turn tail and walk away from me and our little meeting if it suited her.
Silver eyes moved away from her facade for a moment, to trail over the rest of her body since her face and neck had been what drew the majority of my attention thus far. She seemed taller than most of the mare's I had met in these lands called Helovia so far, and a color that I hadn't seen very often in my travels. Light blue and dark blue pooled and mixed all together before splattered across her body with a few hairs of white allowed to poke through here and there. Her long limbs were coated in a navy that turned easily into a pristine white with feathers that seemed quite out of place on the mare's slender form.
But it was the marking that rested upon her right shoulder, black as night in the form of a bird that in reality was just as dark. What an oddly devilish marking for a mare who seemed so quite and shaken by everything. I cleared my throat as my silvers pulled away from her body and rested on the chocolate eyes once more, they suited her quite well. Warm. But I preferred my ladies with brightly colored eyes, blue eyes that drew you in with a single glance, and green eyes that kept you locked there. "I am Tsar' Trio of the Hidden Falls, who are you?" I questioned, curious as to where this mare resided or if I would wind up on recruiting duty today.

"I speak here"
OOC: Tsar' is pronouced "Zar" it's the Russian spelling of Czar ♠♠
{541}
Tagged: @[Morrigan]

Ben Francis @ flickr

Unregistered
Flee! Flee!
Run for your lives!
-Smaug

Her raven mark consisted of black fur, a shimmering blue only to be seen in the light of the sun's rays. It was nearly the same with her pitch colored hair, the midnight blues were only to be revealed when the celestial being of the sky eyed her. He now gazed down on her tall, lithe form, revealing the indigos hidden in her locks.

She shifted uncomfortably on her feet just before the thickly built male revealed that this land was free and she wasn't trespassing. This allowed her some ease, something she wasn't exactly used to. She sighed just for show, revealing her bit of relaxation which he had allowed her. She felt the eyes of the other rove over her form. Her warm eyes flicked over him, trying to decide if he was pleased by what he saw. She knew she was a beauty, more then her mother had told her so. But looking over him once again, she decided he was probably too innocent to fulfill her needs.

His next words drew a bit more interest, Hidden Falls? She had heard that name before, in fact from the only other horses she had seen so far. Maybe that was the place to be? She eyed this Tsar, wondering if were mere coincidence that his name was practically a synonym with 'king'. She pondered his use to her, brooded on whether he would be her quick ticket into this place.

"I've heard that name before, Hidden Falls," She said the name with a certain ring, a tune which it wasn't accustom to. "I am Morrigan, new to these lands. I have yet to find a home unfortunately..." Her words trailed off dismally, her happy go-lucky tones broken by this sorrowful thought. It was all in perfect innocence, as if this unknowing fae wasn't being manipulative and cunning in her plans. Being brought in by a fellow member heightened the possibility of acceptance, failure becoming almost impossible with this naive form. Her sing song voice returned, with a bit of a vengeance, as if apologizing for leading into that melancholy train of thought. "Excuse me for plaguing you with my troubles, my apologies," She dipped her head in a half bow, a silent sorry. She then eyed his tall silver eyes from her lowered position. Inside the demon was laughing, a chuckle that had tones which hinted at mania, one nobody alive would ever hear.

Allowing her eyes to wander, she saw a bird, high in the sky. A bird of prey more then likely, falcon, eagle, something of that sort. She lowered her eyes to the silver once again. Irked with the fact that she would never fly, never spear someone with her horn. A horse, that's all she was, and it disturbed her.

@Tsar'