the Rift

[OPEN] !! Bury Your Words [Africa]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I had recently regained my voice. But I had also lost my sight. I suppose it didn't bother me too much. Not really. I was used to seeing off of the vibrations around me, so I had just needed to get over being rusty. In fact, I was so determined to get over this phase of rust. I would be strong again, somehow.

So I set off towards the Throat. I needed to find Cera. Or Sohalia. Or... someone who had seen me while I was mute and whom I had possibly concerned. They deserved an explanation - at the very least. It had been wrong to burden them like that. But... I just couldn't function. And... perhaps finally saying the words "I lost my companion" would allow me to completely accept the fact that he is gone and that I really am going to get the gift of a new one if I can just finish those tasks the God had given me.

I was being given a second chance. I would not waste it.

Walking. I don't know how long I walked. But, when I showed up at the border I was physically exhausted. Limbs were trembling, more than likely needing the water I had been refusing to drink until I had gotten to my destination. Vibrations reminding me of the metal wall that Sohalia had been working on, the one I had tried to help with. What would she think of me? Now that I had followed Midas? I hadn't left her. I'd be here for her. I would always be there should she need me. But... I needed Alleo more, and the Falls was much more like my old home than this desert. Cera, Sohalia, Midas, Alleo, even Africa were family - but the Throat was not home.

I cough, clearing my throat as my soft voice permeates the air. "Cera?" A small pause, "Sohalia?" another pause, my voice hoarse, dying even after barely using it from almost a year of no use. "Africa? Anyone?" A gentle sigh and then a tilt of my cranium as I await with the unfocused look in my eye to prove the fact that I was once again blind. "It's me... Rasta..." Limbs shake, exhaustion present in the widened nostrils as I try to take in all the oxygen possible.

Water. I needed water. That, and I needed a chance to explain - to apologize for burdening those I cared for most...

-----
Open to anyone else Rasta called for. Main purpose is for Africa, though I ask that this thread is limited to three people total for my own sanity. ;3
R
take another breathe

@[Africa]

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

100%

Through the blistering warmth of mid-afternoon, the tawny stallion trekked lethargically towards the bridge of land which now posed as the only route available to the flightless visitors, who wished access to Dragon’s Throat. The burning sand radiated heat around his passing body, drawing out thick pungent sweat which lathered thickly across his flanks, and caused his copper-red hide to dull. The weather was wearisome, though Hector had adapted well to the unrelenting dryness of the desert; his coat was thinner than those from the mainland and he utilised the massive expanse of his wings to cool himself, fanning air along the soaking sweat. It was home, and he could not feel settled in any other environment. To him, such a harsh day was quite normal.

Vibrant red eyes scanned the rolling dunes spread before him. The desert was unsurprisingly still while the bulk of the herd were resting in the shade of their lush green oasis, or bathing in the cool crystal waters of the lake. Really, the only fools to brave the elements with him, he knew, were those who did not belong; those who were none the wiser. It was these who Hector looked for now long-sufferingly, trudging ever north, on patrol while still the role of soldier had him trapped. For a long while the grand creature had been contemplating the monotony of his life; the grim reality of a future fighting and patrolling, and his past that had been much the same. Since the loss of his brothers- those who had faced the battlefront at his side, he found himself less motivated and not nearly as brisk as the job required. There were few accomplishments notched into his girth; no education, no experience beyond the army, and while for some time long ago he had served as the Throat’s Captain, Hector felt a yearning for something more.

He just wasn’t sure what that was...

Suddenly he was pulled from thought by the flickering image of a pale, creamy mare; a familiar face that hauled his skull from the sand, and his neck high once more between the slope of his powerful shoulders. There were many that had gone missing from the Throat, simply vanished into the Darkness which had plagued Helovia. Momentarily he wavered mistrustingly across his trembling, tired legs, questioning his partner Veci, whose naughty behaviour often took form of those closest to the heart. The Boggart pleaded his innocence though, and Hector broke into a long striding gallop, not the slightest bit deterred by the weight of the burning day.

He came quickly upon Rasta who had by then called out- something that took Hector again by surprise. The last time they had spoken, her voice had been missing, and they had foraged in the simplicity (and awkwardness) of complete silence. "Rasta..." his lungs heaved, desperate for more than the hot air had to offer. "You have returned. Are you well?" He looked carefully across her petite, feminine frame, searching for any sign that the illness of the wraiths had her crippled. To him she seemed well enough, but the stallion knew better by experience, than to simply presume. "Come with me to the oasis sister..." His voice was still raspy, though the tone held a level of concern that generally lay far down beneath his thick skin. At once he lifted a wing across her delicate frame to shield her from the sun, and turned as though to take her home.

[Ooc: Riven has an identity crisis...]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

I shifted my weight, awkwardly attempting to stay standing in the heat that was taking the last portions of my energy out of me. My heart was pounding. But, not just pounding. It was pounding rapidly. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to calm it down, and if I had been able to throw up what was left of my last meal I probably would have had a strong desire to do exactly that.

My breathing was slowly becoming shallow and I just wanted to collapse. Weak legs were trembling and, as I attempted to take in all the vibrations of the world around me.I think that I can feel the hulking form of one by the name of Hector. However, it doesn't keep me from swaying to the side and then stumbling a few paces forward, just barely able to stay on my feet in the process.

It is, more or less, the feeling of that frame galloping towards me that had me stiffening up - attempting to ensure that I didn't just collapse at the border and appear weak to those that were here. When my name finally makes it to the air I lift my head and listen to the sound of his strained breathing before the rest of his comments. He says to come with him to the oasis, calls me a sister and the sound of ruffling feathers signals the lifting of at least one of his wings. And, it seems that theory was correct, for my tiny form seems to not be the target for the sun's hot rays.

Swaying to the side again, I shuffled my limbs until I could feel the strength of his form without having to concentrate even more, before allowing words to slide from my maw. "I'm just... tired..." Mentally, physically. It didn't matter. I was so tired mentally from being unable to talk that I just didn't know what to say anymore. "A-are you w-well?"Unsteady legs begin to move forward, but they no longer wish to hold the weight. My bodice seems to fall in, possibly to the point of falling into Hector's side, or in the worst case, goes and crumbles into a pile on the ground.

Muscles trembling, I let out a nervous laugh. So much for being strong...

It doesn't matter though. They are my family, my second family - and they always will be.

R
take another breathe

100%

Hector could not have known her sight this time had failed. He was bewildered by her frailty there, lingering by the border; concerned and confused. It was a fine thing that her voice had returned, because being one of few words, the time they had spent together during her muteness had been a struggle. The sun beat down impressively upon them, and the tawny stallion could see clearly that her time away seemed to have had an influence over her ability to manage the climate of the desert. Rasta swayed and staggered clumsily, perhaps the affects of heat stroke causing some drunkenness. He was so glad to have found her, unsure how much longer her petite, pale frame would cope there by the borderline.

She shuffled and rocked unsteadily and he could see the quiver of her tired legs as they pulled her slightly closer. Hector had seen the other stallion she seemed so well bonded too, and refrained thus, from the kind of intimacy he might otherwise have shown- the gentleness and care between family. He wondered too where she had been for so long, and if the other had been at her side. How could he have let her grow so weak? Unwilling to drive any sort of angst between them, he allowed her the opportunity to take back her space, stretching his wing still further should she prefer actually not to stay beside him so tightly. She seemed so unstable though, and it took all his strength not to fold carefully his wing around her as her limbs again buckled, sending the little mare toppling into his flank.

"Yes." He answered her unsettlingly fractured question promptly. Craning his neck around so that he could look upon her drawn face carefully as she giggled timidly, the low rumble of his baritone voice remarked, "You are sick, exhausted..." He was troubled by her apparent need to cover whatever really was wrong. He had paused to allow her time to balance her wobbly legs again, but realised that the sooner she was beneath the lush mimosas of the oasis, the more comfortable she would be. Brazenly then, going quite against his better judgement, the great stallion lowered slowly and vigilantly his enormous wing, enclosing her and drawing her close protectively against his sweaty, steamy body.

Before he started forward again, he lowered his glossy rust eye to her level. "You will fare better if I act as your crutch, Rasta. I will find our Sun Physician, so that you might be checked over properly." She had no choice... He led off then, setting a thoughtful pace in the direction of rippling apparition of the stark emerald paradise.

• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

My staggering frame collapsed against his side just as he answered my question of if he was doing well. Nervous laughter of uncertain behavior manages to get a rumble from the stag's chest. He says that I am sick, exhausted, But, I would be able to manage to steady myself with how kind he was being. Using his weight I managed to push my feet back under me before I could go tumbling to the ground, before I allowed my orbs to blankly stare at him - no not even at him, more like focusing on something in the distance when all that was there was directly in front of me.

However, the pause didn't last too long. For, soon, something was wrapping around me. Something softer, smooth, almost like the feathers that used to brush across my skin when my hawk and I would move across the plains in tandem. It wasn't that, however, that had me beginning to panic a little bit. No. It was more so being pulled closer to his side.

He must be lowering his head closer to mine - I can feel the shifting and pull of his muscles - and then he is speaking. Saying that I will be able to walk better with him as a crutch, and then saying he's going to get the Sun Physician. Panic filled my features as I forced my limbs to move with him. "Are you still..." a deep breath in as my heart continued to race. "... still that gorgeous red?" Another pause to have me continue to get in as much oxygen as possible. "Are... are Cera and Sohalia okay - is Africa okay?" All the questions. I had to know. I was just concerned about them. I had to know this quest hadn't ripped them apart. I had to know that they were still here so I could explain everything to them.

Again, I pause, before allowing the words, "Hector... I can walk... promise," to slide from my mouth. when we were only a few yards from the oasis. However, if he were to allow his wing to unclamp from my side, my bodice would collapse into the hot dirt. I was just so exhausted, but the idea of being weak was annoying so I was refusing to accept the help.

Who was I kidding. I wasn't strong...

R
take another breathe

100%

Her small, slender form seemed to fit snugly against the bulge of Hector’s barrel, though he could feel her tension building, the stiffness of her unconvinced stride beside him. It offered him little pleasure to feel such nervousness, to know it perhaps stemmed from his decision to aid her, but ultimately he wished only for her safety and wellbeing- certainly not fear or harm. Russet eyes narrowed suddenly though as short blunt lashes tightened across them, bewilderment spilling across his otherwise stoic expression. He thought to pause, to turn and study her soft creamy face more thoroughly, but common sense pushed on the humble rhythm of his controlled gait.

Rasta had asked if still he was clothed in red... The stallion drew a breath and his skull tilted so the eye nearest to her wandered back. "What do you mean?" He probed cautiously, not exactly certain whether or not she had by then lost her mind. He thought carefully, broodingly and mid-stride glanced to be certain. "As red as a desert dust storm..." He clarified, confused, and stretched ahead his neck so that she might see still a little better that he had not by some miracle, changed.

She seemed to pant between thoughts, to gasp to fill her small lungs with the hot, brackish air embracing them, and Hector slowed a little more in fear of her passing out, or worse. Though he wanted to push her, to whisk her into the arms of the oasis’ bountiful shade, he took still a more delicate approach with his herd-sister. "All are here." He replied quickly, desperate to ease whatever trouble choked her mind. Though many had lost their way home during the time of darkness, all of those Rasta asked about now of had indeed returned to Dragon’s Throat... Again he wondered silently just where on earth she had been. "They are fine, in good health." He soothed, trying enormously to douse his gruff masculine tone in tenderness. He would not tell her yet of those missing, he did not want her to worry.

The oasis loomed near. The prospect of shade, of the sweet clear waters of the throat, overwhelmed his mind briefly and he realised all at once that he had not paused to quench his thirst for nearly an entire day. He had taken the night shift- though hours were long anyway while so few of his comrades remained, and worked without rest to make certain the border remained secure. His tongue licked eagerly between loosely batting lips, eyes sparkling beneath the spill of bright afternoon rays, and he remembered that his company needed to drink soon.

Hector could feel the heat radiating horribly between them and could only imagine her discomfort if already she felt ill (still he was not convinced that simple fatigue was her woe). Tawny ears swivelled as she paused, waiting and dancing again to attendance as she insisted suddenly that she could walk- without him. "Forgive me..."
He released her against quickly, against his better judgement. Long feathers turned golden as the light spilled beneath while the wing drew promptly upwards and out from her side. They had barely metres left anyway, between their position in the sand and the Throat.

RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

Tired limbs trudge forward as I ask about whether or not he is still that same gorgeous red before. However, his answer seemed to prove the fact that he didn't realize I had been blind. I could feel the way he stretched his neck, though, and all I could do was nod my head in thanks at his clarification that he was 'as red as a desert dust storm'. I can only assume that means he is still the same red - for if he isn't then I would like to know who I am standing next to.

He says that all of those I had asked for are here - that they are all fine, faring well. But, I don't think he understands the weight that those words themselves lift. For now, it feels as though I can actually breathe. The air is still thick, almost nonexistent, but I still cannot seem to get enough of it. My lungs are burning, my heart rate is rapid. I'm not certain that I can still function completely under these circumstances.

Weak legs trudge onward until we get only a few meters away from the oasis. I speak up, saying that I can walk on my own. He apologizes before releasing me from the confines of his wings. I stumble forward until I collapse just inside the perimeter of the oasis. Legs crumble beneath me. Limbs folding and I drop directly into the dirt. Muscles trembling uncontrollably with no ability to get me back onto my feet. A huff of air pushes sand around me and I cough out the dust. "I'm blind, Hector. I was on a quest that gave me sight - but I've been blind since I was born..." Head low, pressed against the sand and my body still shaking. I tried to explain why I had wanted to know if he was still red - but I doubted he'd understand. I didn't know if it mattered, anyways. I just wanted to talk to Africa, or Cera, or Sohalia. No. needed to talk to one of them. "I need to speak to them. Please..." I whispered. I needed for them to know I was fine. I needed them to understand...

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

100%

His stomach lurched as she teetered away from the release of his tender clasp around her small, delicate frame, tumbling down into the cushion of soil before them. "Rasta!" Silently he cursed his failing common sense, and stumbled through a frenzy of airborne sand after her falling pretty, pale-gold mass of long, flowing flaxen hair.

Quickly he manoeuvred to her front, wings flared protectively towards the sun, lean tail lashing beneath tendrils of snapping fire. "Sorry... I..." Already his horrified voice was spilling towards her an influx of his thoughts, excuses; remorse, but her softly melodic tones marred by exhaustion rose above to silence him. Ears flickered hesitantly as he dithered before her, far more involved than he might have allowed himself to be only months ago. Dry, rough lips were fussing just beyond her body, hot breath panting through heaving nostrils as he searched her again for harm.

He paused though suddenly when she spoke, like a deer might to the sound of movement in an open field; skull raised and tilted, the eye nearest glaring bewilderment down upon her. Rasta made no effort to rise, and it gave him a better chance to watch them and study them- her eyes, pearly white and apparently devoid of sight. "Blind?" He parroted, confused by the situation and quite now unable to pull his focus from her oblivious gaze. Hector felt foolish. They had shared the same home for many seasons before the Darkness, yet for some reason he had never been made aware of this, quite significant, fact. Her head was resting over the sandy loam, perhaps without the energy to lift, and he wavered in place by her- not sure what next he should do.

The collapsed mare spoke again and the stallion sighed at length, relieved to be given a task; a job, something to severe the binding nature of his confusion. Hector was a simple creature, and one of habit, and placed in such an scenario as the one playing out before him, he began to flounder helplessly. "I will find them... one..." He struggled, pressing his nose comfortingly (he hoped) to her shoulder before spinning across knees too eager to flee. He broke away through the hedge of lush undergrowth to find any other who might be able to help her.

Any of @[Africa], @[Sohalia] or @[Cera].

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Hector found her quickly, though he hadn't needed to look very hard. She had been standing in her favorite copse of palms, watching the sunlight glint across the surface of the water and lamenting how very quickly time passed by. She had accepted Africa's offer of leadership mere days before, and now there was a constant pressure to do more, to do something, lest she run out of time and chances. What would she be remembered by, when her life was over and her legacy fell by the wayside? For that matter, would she even have a legacy? Would she be remembered at all? There was so very much she wanted from the world - so very much she wanted to do, to create, to complete - and yet, there was so little time.

As you can see, it was a very useless inner monologue.

Luckily, it was cut quite short by the appearance of the rather shaken unicorn steed, and as it took but a moment to relay his story, the dove found herself quickly on her way through the dense foliage beside the oasis and emerging into the hot summer dunes. She moved at a trot, carefully picking her way between trees and around bushes along the perimeter of the oasis, searching for her friend just within the limits of the greenery. Astraeus soared above, flying past his bonded and searching for the image that she sent him. She was dismayed to remember that he had never met her dear friend, and she assured him through their bond that Rasta, of all the others, was perhaps her most trusted acquaintance.

It took the pair only a few moments to find the equine, and Sohalia voiced a squeal that was equal parts delight and concern. "Oh, Rasta!" She was careful to approach with a nicker as she reached for a gentle touch to the mare's shoulder, not wanting to startle her. Of course, she knew that Rasta could feel vibrations, but in her current state, the dove wasn't quite sure what to expect. The older mare was clearly exhausted, having pushed herself to the breaking point before collapsing in the shade. The Sultana hovered, dithered about whether or not to run for help - but surely, surely Hector would find their Physician? "What can I do, Rasta? Oh, please tell me you're all right!"

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

He called my name right as I collapsed, the dust mushrooming up into the air. He rushed after me, rounding around to the front of me, and the sound of wings going flush with the air and the removal of the sun beating upon my back tells me all that I had to know.

An apology starts to leak from his maw, but it is my coughs that cause his apology to stop before he can get to anything else. And, instead of words, he was beginning to fawn over me. I could feel his warm breath over my skin, as if he were inspecting for any physical wounds that might be dancing across my frame. Alas, there were none for him to find, and I can only think that it confused him even more.

So I explain, I explain how I was blind, and he seems to be even more confused. The tones of his voice shifting in uncertainty, maybe even disbelief. So, as I offered a task without intentionally meaning for it to become. And, after my whispered words he said that he would find them... or one, he'd find someone? I didn't quite know, but the comforting press of his maw against my shoulder was enough to get a weak smile that he might see depending on how fast he looked away before I heard him running off into the distance.

Of course, I'm not certain how long I lay there with the sun still beating down over me before I heard the sound of hooves and the gentle vibrations broke the lull of near sleep and probably the edges of falling into a state of unconsciousness. My name had me just barely raising my head, turning it closer to her voice and then feeling her maw against my shoulder. They're here. They're okay. Sohalia's okay, thank the Gods...

I don't think she knew just how much her presence got rid of some of the anxiety that was surging through my veins. "Soh-Sohalia..." I whispered, hoarse vocals uncertain due to the fact that I had just recently got my voice back. A cough escaped my lungs, sand having been inhaled from the mushroom cloud that had come up when I had collapsed. "I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry..." A broken voice was all that I could create. And tears, a small amount of tears were beginning to fall. I just wanted to explain - but I didn't know where to start...

100%

Hector’s hooves clattered over the semi-exposed face of a rust-red rock as he plunged through the undergrowth, the small sensitive leaves of a mid-height wait-a-minute shrub folding together fearfully as his sweaty bulk brushed by. Eyes searched hurriedly through the scrub to either side of the dusty track leading towards the epicentre of their territory, the lake, but he found no trace of ashen Sohalia; no scent lingered on the still, dry desert air, and the chaos of prints traipsing hither and thither, were much too damaged to make any sense of. His cupped ears darted backwards and forwards as he trotted on, listening carefully while Veci scouted nearby in an unusual show of cooperation.

In little time he found himself stumbling down the flimsy embankment of loose stone and sand, Hector’s large sound hooves colliding with the gently lapping water with a clumsy splash. Veci drifted by his companion amusedly, like only the passing of a delicate breath, and tangled himself playfully between the stallion’s long coppery legs. “This is not a game. Help me find her...” The tone of his silent message was stern and impatient, chiding, and the mischievous Boggart sneered, enjoying the rise he had so easily gained. I am mother and father, but never birth or nurse. I’m rarely still, but I never wander. What am I? came the infuriating response. Heeding the mounting irritation in his bonded’s mind he added tree... and sent to Hector the sketchy vision of the mare he sought surrounded by the lush growth of the oasis right by the water.

His scowl diminishing, the soldier craned around with large glossy orange wings ajar. Quickly he located the copse enclosing the petite white mare and slid to a halt before her. Climbing quickly through pleasantries with a respectful dip of his large skull (always he revered his clan), Hector began. "Sohalia, Rasta has collapsed by the north-eastern edge of the oasis. She has asked for you..." Immediately the pale dove had whirled away towards where Rasta lay, leaving the stallion to continue on and search for their Sun Physician, Andromeda, and Cera and Africa too if they were around. He couldn't easily send Veci to find them, though perhaps it would be a faster option; no one could see the naughty creature or know of his presence. Unless of course he was choking their lungs or haunting them.

Neither were options...

The stallion went a little less anxiously then, skirting the lake closely as he began his next task, purpose swelling through his core. Without finding the herd’s healer in the scattered bodies nearby, he turned west and started along another winding pathway through their home. Great feathery wings shook as they settled against his hot, heaving flanks, yearning always for the vast openness of the sky. He broke into a loping canter as the shrubs began to thin, face shifting constantly as he searched. As he came by brim of the desert not long after (much ground could be covered with legs as long as those churning beneath), lowered nostrils caught the fresh taste of the dappled Sultana lacing the gravelly sand and he traced it north, following with eagerly bursting snorts. Two rippling silhouettes emerged upon the hazy horizon and he called as he pulled alongside them- Africa and Andromeda.

"Rasta needs healing." He gasped shortly, sucking deeply the hot dusty air afterwards. "Sohalia is with her now, but Africa, she had asked for you as well, and Cera." Hector found himself examining the naked, pink smeared shoulder of the one-winged, contemplating their fastest passage back. Perhaps it would be wiser for the lavender-eyed healer and himself to fly ahead...

[Ooc: sorry, rushed the last part, so it might seem choppy. @[Andromeda]]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I've been enjoying my time with one of my two queens. Both of us are rather the silent type, and not much conversation passes between us. More of a shared living moment, if that makes any sense. I bob my head happily as I walk with an eager, extended stride. I'm not one for lots of sun, but I enjoy its warmth. Maybe the sun can be my friend, too? Never would I confess this to the Moon Goddess - she would certainly shun me.

A form interrupts our wandering - someone that I'm not sure I remember from before. A red-painted hybrid, bone horns on his face and big feathered wings spread. He looks toward us eagerly and stops just before us, calling our attention. He speaks of someone named Rasta. I'm not sure I know her either, but he says she needs healing, and that is what I am here for. My ears swivel back as concern shows on my two-toned eyes - both lavender and sapphire taking in the stallion's anxiety. I press my nose toward Africa, wanting her to know I mean no disrespect if I fly ahead. This Rasta needs me, and I know Africa will catch up - or morph to her fowl form and join me.

I spread my wings out and with a few strong, powerful flaps have lifted myself into the air. I start in the direction that the stallion seems to have come from and search overhead for Sohalia and a mare accompanying her. Flying in the sky, it doesn't take me long to spot Sohalia, and her companion Astraeus in the sky. I whinny to him and it seems he directs me down below. I spiral down and land a few yards away. I approach at a trot, sidling up next to the angelic one and the mare lying on the ground. "Rasta?" I speak softly and tenderly to the mare on the ground. "I'm Andromeda. Tell me what's wrong?" I hope that she is able to speak well enough to tell me her symptoms. I do not know if my flame healing is all-encompassing, or if I need to direct it in some manner. Instinct tells me that if I know what I'm aiming for, I will do better healing. Just as it is better to use a narrow antibiotic than a general antibiotic.

"Speech"
Tags: @[Rasta], @[Hector], @[Sohalia], WC: 392, Other: lalala

Trey Ratcliff @ flickr
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Sohalia

"I'm so sorry," Rasta sobbed. "I'm so, so sorry."

The dove stared, confused and concerned. "Hush now, Rasta," she pleaded in what she hoped was a comforting tone of voice, though she would be surprised if she successfully hid her panic. Why had Rasta shown up in such a terrible condition? What was she sorry for? Of course, that was the least of the angel's worries at the moment - first, she needed to see that her friend's injuries were seen to. "I'm sure Andromeda will be here in just a moment - she will help you." Bi-colored eyes scanned the surrounding foliage impatiently, and the moments that passed felt like hours. Above them, Astraeus circled, letting off agitated sparks at his bonded's obvious distress. He saw the dark form of Andromeda and shrieked a greeting before dropping to the edge of the oasis, effectively leading the healer to the broken mare.

A rustling of the sparse oasis canopy preceded Andromeda's entrance, which was greeted with a sigh of relief from the Sultana. The dove took a step back, watching with a great deal of concern as the Physician began her examination. After a moment, she began to pace the area, her worry driving her mad. If injury was painful, waiting was worse - for as she waited, she had all the time in the world for her mind to conjure up horrifying scenarios. She paused every few steps, listening intently for any words that drifted her way, hoping that a diagnosis and a cure would be quick and painless. Astraeus landed on her withers, but she barely noticed the added weight, for when one carries the weight of the world on her shoulders, several pounds of electric bird is hardly a burden.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

[OOC | This is really terrible, please forgive me. x.x]

Sohalia
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

I am uncertain. My lungs are on fire. Heaving sides of rapid breath beg for the oxygen which has thus forth been depleted from them. Words told me to stop talking, to stop choking on the apologies. But it was these same words that were panicking her more. "I'm sorry…. Don't panic. Please…" Weak breaths were shakily pulled in as I allowed my blind gaze to peer up towards her.

My heart was pounding, pounding so much that it was wreaking havoc on my head and radiating a headache that is sending searing pain through her. It was so much pain that I even missed the words of the healer who would be coming for me. But, as Sohalia took a step back all I could do was croak out a pleading "No, don't leave," before my body began to betray me.

The mare who stood over me, asking what pain I felt only got part of a response. "My head…. It hurts.." I whispered, unable to go farther as my rapid breathing continued. But that's when it all got even worse. It started with my ears spinning around, as if they were spasming, and my eyes rolling back so that it is pure white - not just the pale crème colour they had been. Then it moved to my limbs, she weak shuddering as my muscles not only cramped, but tried to move along with the directions of the seizure brought forth by the stroke. It was not violent, no bones would be broken, but due to the dehydration there was an even stronger chance that it would happen again.

Another whisper of "I'm sorry," and my frame fell still, eyes closed as unconsciousness took over. No sweat dared to fall upon my frame - a symptom from the heat stroke. And my heart rate was racing even more now, trying to pump the small amount of oxygen my short, rapid breaths could pull in. I needed water, I needed to be cooled, and I needed someone to prevent another seizure as my body tried to level itself back out.

I'm sorry for worrying you,

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

The large looming figure of the soldier- of Hector, quickly attracted Africa’s pastel yellow gaze from the rolling red dune ahead, and long lashes opened with surprise as he divulged breathlessly the scene unfolding on the oasis’s brink. Rasta was another of the Throat’s intimate family who had been missing since the Darkness, and concern flooded instantly the grey features of the one-winged mare. Dread invaded her thoughts and clouded her conscience, but Andromeda’s dark wingspan had already unravelled and a quietly respectful gesture offered before she pulled clear. "Thank you Hector..." She said quickly, dipping her skull in a show of appreciation.

Courteously, Africa shuffled backwards through the loose, hot sand two or three strides, well clear of thrusting wings as the Sun Physician began a hurried ascent into the clear blue arc above. Offering a smile riddled with worry, she dismissed the stallion who lingered- perhaps he was unsure whether he should accompany her by foot or fly more swiftly aloft. She clenched together her eyes firmly, and began the awkward, painful transition into parrot form. Joints began to loosen, bones to crack and bend; skin shrivelled and tightened around her shrinking, contorting body, and pin-feathers began to sprout across her hide. Quickly they shed their sheaths and bristle as the nervous system beneath began to numb at last; the shrouding mist surrounding faded.

The Grey Parrot skipped oddly across her short, naked legs, the desert sand burning to touch. She spread her small wings then and between exaggerated thrusts, rose away in to the air, stocky body bouncing between erratic flapping; hooked beak snapping as she went. Her journey would not be as swift as her Pegasus form might have allowed, but that body was crippled, and even the bumpy, playful flight of a parrot would be faster than by foot. She barrelled along, swooping and dipping through the streamer-like leaves of the palms growing by the edge of the oasis. Andromeda was well out of sight, but pinning pupils found (with the fastness of a prey-animal’s attention), the flickering, arching silhouette of an avian drop from the sky not far ahead. Astraeus!

She closed in on the gathered group quickly then, lowering near to the ground too, and flaring her wings to halt abruptly so that she might shift back into the form of the one-winged mare before presenting. A minute or less passed, and Africa was stumbling forward through the last of the undergrowth, alarm strewn through her gentle expression. "What has happened!" She called out with growing desperation, avoiding Andromeda who was by then assessing Rasta, frail pale form sunk beneath the waltzing shade of the oasis’ skirt. Sohalia was pacing nearby, and that was where the dappled mare came to rest, leeching weak comfort from their combined concern; distress.

The creamy mare began to speak, answer, her words barely gasps as she struggled to fill hungry lungs. Africa watched with escalating bewilderment as the other’s strangely vacant gaze swayed awkwardly and then rolled back against their sockets. She apologised suddenly, faintly, before her delicate frame fell motionless- the small rise and fall of her barrel with each meagre breath, the only sign of life. Help her! She screamed, though her jaws were stiff, clenched together. Silas cried above them where he circled.

[ooc: Hector is nearby-ish, but not posting further unless called upon.]

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
I watch in horror as the gentle mare before me collapses to the ground, so fast that I am unable to do anything to prevent it. Around me there is chaos, mentally, emotionally, and though there are not too many bodies present - physically. Sohalia paces back and forth, panicking as her friend becomes increasingly ill before our eyes. Africa arrives in parrot form and lands on the sand, staying clear of me in my comparably large body. I let out an angry snort at them to be calm and let me focus. I cannot concentrate when there's so much tension pressing in on my body.

Okay, she's collapsed... I look up at the blistering sun, then back down to the pale creme mare. It's hot, she's not sweating... It must be the heat getting to her. To get her to sweat, to cool her off, I must get her sweat glands working again. Perhaps if I.... I drop to my knees slowly and gracefully, my body lying next to Rasta's. I close my eyes and start humming a little tune. I don't know what it is, but it comes naturally to me. Extending a starry wing out over the mare, I sweep it over her gently and cover a large part of her torso. In my mind I concentrate on heating her sweat glands, and trying to get a surge through them so that her body can start regulating itself. The sand around us glows, as if embers are embedded there within the golden grains. I continue humming, sending out heat to envelope those glands and get them working to ease the pressure on her heart. To aid in cooling her I pump my one wing slowly but powerfully to send waves of cooler air over her flesh.

I have never healed something like this before - I've never healed anything before. What I'm working from is not experience, but intuition. I hope that the Sun God's magic is fully intuitive, that I can be successful without knowing the proper way to do this. The way to do a thing, is to do it. I hope it is enough.

I look up at the other bodies present. "Get water!" My voice is not angry, but definitely forceful. No one in their right mind would argue with me. "I don't care how, just do it." I really don't know how, but these are two formidable mares - I'm sure they'll figure out something, and something fast.

"Speech"
Tags: @[Sohalia], WC: 421, Other: errr.. someone can point out errors or next steps too ^^,

Trey Ratcliff @ flickr
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sohalia

It is too nice a day for such a catastrophe.

And yet, here they were, standing tensely around the Sun Physician and her patient, waiting for the final verdict. The dove had halted, hoping not to distract their doctor, but it did not last long; for she was far too worried to simply stand and wait. For such a patient mare, in this moment, she was severely lacking, and so she could not help but continue her anguished walk, gingerly placing each hoof, concentrating on that singular beat. One, two, three, four. Turn. Please, please. One, two, three, four. Turn. Let her be okay. When Africa arrived, the pair of Sultanas found themselves close to one another, and Sohalia tried to press her face against her friend's side. She was not aware of her body shaking, but it would be felt by the Starry-Eyed, should she accept the dove's embrace. "I don't know, sh-she just collapsed," she whispered unsteadily, preoccupied by some strange combination of prayer and worst-case-scenarios. I can't, I can't do this, I can't.

Andromeda's voice was unexpected, more so because it was so much sharper than usual. The kind Physician was snapping at them, and that more than anything shook the angel from her fear. She must act, and she must act now, for Rasta needed her. Bi-colored eyes scanned their surroundings, and she selected a rather large leaf. Astraeus, following her thoughts, plucked it from the tree and set it in the sand before his bonded. Concentrating, the dove was able to form the leaf into a crystalline bowl. Grasping this in her teeth, she leaped into a gallop, running for the oasis, each hoofbeat accompanied by a silent prayer. Please, please, please.

It took her several tries to get enough water in the bowl, and her trip back seemed ridiculously slow and clumsy. She struggled, afraid that she would be too late but knowing that she would spill her prize if she moved too suddenly. Finally, finally, at long last, she returned to the little group, carefully setting the water beside the fallen mare and the Sun Physician before backing away again, anxiously awaiting further instruction.

Please, Rasta. Please.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia

I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

My body begins to sweat. Slow drips of the salty liquid taking over my frame as the mare fans air upon my frame. I did not move, though. I did not wake up. My mind too far gone in the state of unconsciousness which I was. And, even though my body was slowly beginning to cool against the heat it was not enough.

No, my mind was not able to do anything. It had shut down, and my body was willing to as well. I did not realize that Africa had appeared, I did not know that Sohalia was going off to get water. I did not know that the Sun Physician was attempting to work her magic on me. No, all I knew was the black hole that I had lived in for so long. All that I knew was the silence that seemed to surround me now, regardless of the chaos that was actually booming near my ears. I was gone, out, and it was something that (had these mares around me known) would have caused them even more pain.

But I couldn't function - I couldn't manage. And, even though I was cooling off my brain was still firing too quickly, too much. Another seizure took hold of my frame. Starting in my ears, then sliding down to my limbs. Causing them to thrash weakly against the half-sand half-grass mixture of terrain which I was laying upon. My eyes twitched beneath my eyelids, as if I were dreaming. But, it wasn't a dream. It was pain, pulling at my already weak muscles and starting to cause even more cramps.

Gods, help me - for my friends sake, for Alleo's sake…

You need to stop her neurons from firing with her magic and relax her muscles ;3
She could also use water to splash on her and to drink so a little more water until she can stand and walk

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

She watched, flustered and concerned as Andromeda glanced upwards, following briefly the other mare’s eyes. There was only the sun, blistering radiance that forced her to look quickly away again, and a restless snort erupted through her panting nostrils. She felt against her damp, naked barrel the soft touch of another, and turned her neck sharply to brush her own quivering lips over Sohalia’s nose. They were both trembling, Africa drowning in devastation as she thought the life of a friend so dear might be slipping from their reach. Her pale sister’s words offered little consol, only strengthening the racking convulsions within as she returned her eyes to Rasta, who still was lying helplessly by the shaded sands of their home.

"Please, be alright..." she begged, praying breathlessly for His touch to bring the blind mare clear of the brink.

She was pulled from thought by the sudden sound of Andromeda’s instruction and for a moment, taken aback, the Starry-Eyed wavered where she stood. Sohalia reacted far quicker, receiving a large leaf from the talons of her young bonded and turning it (astonishingly) into cupped crystal. She did not linger though, and the dappled mare stumbled sideways to clear the way as her friend burst away through the foliage between them and the lake- vessel clutched between teeth. "What should I do?" she asked then, dancing forward nervously; feeling particularly stupid standing alone as spectator. Gentle eyes searched frantically around them, hunting for some trigger which might give her some reason, but alas she ended up looming above the sunken pair anyway, feeble, powerless.

Sohalia returned with water sloshing around the bowl in her charge, and Africa backed away to allow them more space. She gasped though with alarm, when the creamy body began to quake again; legs to gallop in vain, eyes to roll and pallid lids to jolt above them. "Oh no... Oh no!" she cried pitifully, turning a tight circle as she pulled further away; but wanting dreadfully to fall upon the sickly, suffering mare and... do what? She snorted again, eyes wide and panicked by all that she saw. Perhaps Andromeda’s detachment from the close-knit group was for the best; it would not be helpful at all if all three of them were spiralling into a maddening cloud of despair and confusion.

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
It pleases me how fast Sohalia is to react, and I make note in the back of my mind that I will have to compliment her later on her quick thinking - provided that we all make it through this is one piece. I feel that I'm making some improvement in Rasta's recovery, up until she spasms again. I feel my heart skip several beats and the ache that now spreads through my chest just inspires me to keep working that much harder. Though I see a light sheen of sweat begin to form on the pale mare's body, I know that there needs to be more. I keep humming and as Sohalia brings back the water I prepare to take charge again. "Good, now Africa, pour this water over her." The sultana is looking fraught with anxiety and has not managed to pull herself together in the way that Sohalia has. I can't blame her - it's hard to keep calm in battle, especially when it is your friend's life that is on the line. My goal is to channel the energy she is putting into her panic, and put it toward productivity and usefulness. I hope that she will hear my words and act swiftly. I quickly turn my gaze to Sohalia, not able to wait long enough to see if Africa takes action. "Sohalia, please make another bowl and fill it with water. Bring it back and help her drink it."

Giving out directions and duties is one thing. Working my magic - still so new to me - is another thing entirely. I need her body to calm down and relax, to stop spasming. I resume my humming, picking a new tune as I change the direction of my energy. I let my gaze travel over her body slowly, encasing it in warmth to relax the muscles, the way that a heating pad softens and coaxes spasms to subside. If I had my way I would use cold to help bring her core temperature down, but that's not the magic that I have at my disposal. Treating heat exhaustion with heat - it's a unique challenge, and tests my understanding of the body and what my magic can do. I send a quick prayer to the Sun God for his guidance and assistance. I continue casing her muscles in a sort of pressurized heat wrap, hoping that Africa is quick to cool Rasta's body with water, and that Sohalia may be swift in returning with more. Please, please let all this work.

"Speech."
@[Sohalia]
ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread