the Rift

You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart

Aiedial Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
AIEDIAL
Aiedial watched the male with quiet curiosity. She had little experience encountering those of the winged species, less even a hybrid of the two of them, unaware that he had the breeding of all three running through his veins. Dropping her gaze from his molten lenses, the woman focused on the greenery between them. He wasn't impeding on her personal space, and so the woman stood comfortably for the time being, relaxing now that the horrific images were gone. He spoke, and glacial hues flicked up to his as his deeper tones reverberated within her lobes. The soothing tone was noted, and she watched him carefully. Auggie remained perched on her shoulder, but the shift in her weight had him unfurl his wingspan, and readjust on his makeshift perch on her whithers. It was curious to hear about the Boggart. What kind of creature would befriend such a thing? Again she dropped her gaze and simply nodded in agreement with the male about the difficulties of his companion being hidden from the world.

He spoke again, this time offering her refuge, and his protection. Her brows furrowed momentarily, lips pulling down in a slight frown before she took a small step back from the male. She knew better than to simply leave. And perhaps customs here were a bit different than back home. She didn't even know this boy's name, and here he was offering her his services. If all the world was a happy place without darkness, then maybe she would have taken him up on his offer right away. But something was making her pause, and her senses went on high alert. Feeling her sudden discomfort, the avian hooted quietly before shifting, then finally taking to the air. The bird circled her once, before climbing past the treeline on lookout. The woman remained quiet, watching the bird circle above her before turning her attention on the behemoth before her. She couldn't avoid an answer forever, and leaving someone hangig after an offer of any kind was rude, and disrespectful. "You are kind, sir. But I'd hate for this to become hasty. I dare say I don't even know your name."

She didn't mention that his choice in company was a little off putting, starting an argument, or a quarrel was never high on her to do list. She'd like to keep it that way. She offered him a slight smile before her gaze again dropped, this time they wandered around the forest once again, curiosity beginning to light up in the pale hues. "What is this place?" She finally asked, her voice quiet, but full of wonder. She had never before been in a place such as this. These creatures that roamed freely, the hint of danger that sent her blood rushing through her veins.

Auggie glided back down, sensing that her discomfort had faded. He, like her, hated conflict, and couldn't stand when she was upset. Usually he would take flight to give her some space, which was what she usually needed. He would come back though, he always did. Watching the bird fondly, he landed on one of the nearby boughs, and settled in, content to watch the interaction between his partner, and the large stranger from afar. "Talking"
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-07-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 02:24 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 09:15 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-10-2014, 08:27 AM