the Rift

You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

100%

The sound of voices nearby roused Veci’s interest suddenly from the dullness of the thoughts circling through his bonded’s mind. He had not the ability to comprehend the language of the horses, not even those words spoken by the stallion, and grew quickly bored watching the scenario below. He was not one to sit idly biding his time, and while not patrolling the boundaries of their home, there seemed little else to occupy his time with than stirring trouble among the wandering strangers, who were none the wiser about his invisible presence. Not far from the pair below, a loner followed with recklessly loud steps a goat-track littered with brittle twigs and peddles to scatter. Right away the Boggart slipped cunningly from his roost, floating with a feather’s grace towards his victim, searching already for some easily available doubt or fear that he might grasp and meld into. It was not to be however. Hector was a heedful character, who let not the mind of his ill-mannered companion stray too far at any time. Occasionally they split to cover extra ground, but always the copper giant could feel the ghost’s motive writhing through his own mind. Quickly he called back the creature, to sit quietly by them.

Unfortunately, his concentration had lapsed when Veci had fallen upon Aiedial.

She introduced herself at last, spurring only warm waves of relief to spew through his considerable mass of body. At last too, her nervousness seemed to have softened, baby-blue eyes lined by thick lashes rising more securely to meet him. Hector’s clumsy smile returned, and he nodded- not quite able to decide (for his mind was still simple), whether she meant that she was pleased all the more to be so far from home. He knew no other home now. No longer did the Spartan suffer at the cruel exile executed by his own blood. Kri the Resolute had taken him in and built him into something respectable; gave him somewhere to belong. Aiedial paused suddenly, and shared with him a lovely smile- an easy distraction. Only briefly was she quiet though, and Hector’s ears sat forward, curious, as she continued.

Indeed the herd he had described to her was a vastly beautiful place. Though the desert stretching beyond the mainland seemed bleak and endless, there was a thriving world of lush grass carpet and emerald foliage; bountiful shade and sweet, cool water, all hidden well from the hungry eyes of their foes. The herd was content in their wonderland, unconcerned that their numbers still lacked somewhat. Dragon’s Throat was growing steadily, filled by pure hearts and ambitious minds. The smaller mare paused again, and Hector’s face tilted a little as burning tangerine searched her expression patiently. She accepted then, and his fire-flecked wings twitched as the breeze swirled around them. He thought again about offering his protection to her, but clamped his teeth firmly across his tongue. He would be a fool to repeat the first of his mistakes... "Alright," he offered instead, quietly and carefully so that she might not shy again away. "Is the owl not coming along?" The Tri-bred noted thoughtfully, that the bird was perched some distance away.

To his relief she came forward then towards him pale eyes rising, dwarfed by his size. "We have a fair distance to travel," he remarked casually, letting his own uncomfortableness slide from the sinew beneath his taught chestnut canvas. "... but with company it always feels shorter- or easier." He smiled quietly, starting off slowly towards the south- checking too, that she really would follow. "Perhaps, if you have any more questions, I could answer them for you along the way?" The stallion’s offer was generous considering his complete lack of social grace, but he liked Aiedial enough to make a reasonable effort.

[Ooc: If you would prefer for this thread to be finished, I will throw something up in the Throat in the morning (Australia time)- I’ll get one up regardless ;)]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Messages In This Thread
You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-07-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 02:24 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 09:15 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Hector - 06-10-2014, 06:23 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-10-2014, 08:27 AM