the Rift

[OPEN] Strangers Like Me

Fiore Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cheveyo was the name she offered. An unusual name, but a pretty one Fiore thought and he dipped his head in thanks as she welcomed him formally. It was a warm feeling to know that he was surrounded by so many bright hearts who wouldn't mind walking with a new member, sharing their stories and friendly presence. There had been odd occasions when the former vagabond traveller had come across more suspicious, volatile herds whom had said nothing, offered him the muddier patch of grass and glared from behind trees. Those were few and far between, but still unwelcoming places to be. The Worlds Edge couldn't be any different and Fiore smiled to the chestnut paint, who looked very much like himself that they could almost be siblings. "My name is Fiore. It's a pleasure, fellow comrade" he concluded, introducing his flowery name that did nothing for his warrior status. Hopefully, she wouldn't know its meaning.

They continued walking, the mists of the Edge drifting across his feet and the remains of the former glorious glass wall glistened when sunlight hit it. There was a fantasy to this land that was, in Fiore's opinion, addicting. It dropped little hints or secrets, like glass and horn and wing, leaving the imagination gasping at what else could be possible. What other weird and wonderful things existed in this strange land? Perhaps the birds could swim and the fish could fly. Who knew! It was different from anything he had ever seen and as Cheveyo commented on his humorous admittance to being a little outclassed, he found that he agreed with her. Yes, perhaps he did belong here. There was apart of him that longed for the love of these strange horses in their strange land, something he had never felt before. "Ha. I think you're right. Though my skills may need to be brushed up on should I wish to avoid being beaten up like this agian. I have a lot to learn" he surmised his thoughts. There was never a perfect warrior after all.

He slowed his pace to match hers, not wanting to part ways just yet there were still many things that perhaps she could tell him, or maybe she had her own questions. His fellow conscript explained the path that brought her here, once a soldier of another land, a land that no longer existed. Fiore found himself thinking back to when he had first arrived, the spotty unicorn who had found him looked hassled and dragged him away at haste. Perhaps that was the disaster that brought the curtain down on Cheveyo's former herd. "I am sorry, but I'm glad you kept your health" he offered condolence and a small smile. He didn't know the full circumstance, but it seemed right to apologise. "Do you miss it, your former home?" His words were full of interest, though he wondered still if she might not want to talk about it.

The conversation shifted after to himself and Fiore took a quick silent look back at his old life with a grimace. It wasn't bad, he never really suffered, it was just... An unfortunate memory. "Far away from here from a herd that doesn't exist anymore. I was a child of the military, circumstance meant I had no parents, the soldiers looked after me. A few years later it was attacked by another herd and we were overwhelmed, I managed to escape, but I have no idea what the land is like now" he said it rather matter of fact, if slightly abstractly. Fiore had always wondered if his act of running away had been cowardly, but his feelings towards his old herd were mixed, so it left the question of why he had to die for a land he cared little for. Perhaps youth had made him a coward that day, but Fiore was thankful for that scared little boy, for he wouldn't be where he was now.

@[Cheveyo]

Maybe you were the ocean
and I was just a stone

Messages In This Thread
Strangers Like Me - by Fiore - 06-08-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Strangers Like Me - by Cheveyo - 06-09-2014, 09:39 PM
RE: Strangers Like Me - by Fiore - 06-11-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Strangers Like Me - by Cheveyo - 07-04-2014, 02:07 PM
RE: Strangers Like Me - by Fiore - 08-17-2014, 05:47 PM
RE: Strangers Like Me - by Cheveyo - 08-20-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: Strangers Like Me - by Fiore - 08-24-2014, 05:47 PM
RE: Strangers Like Me - by Cheveyo - 09-15-2014, 03:08 PM