the Rift

[OPEN] Twilight harvest...

Cealestis Posts: 50
Hidden Falls Genetrix I atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 HH :: 11 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skýlos :: Pit Bull :: None Bunnie
Landing hard on the earth after a bullet’s descent, the grasses pillow out from around my impact as all four hooves meet the earth at a canter, not wanting to waste much time running about looking for the ingredients for the temporary remedy I’d remembered during my flight. First, I would need something to supplement his belly and insides, the place where most of the healing would be taking place despite it being an external wound; the more I could benefit and nourish his soul, the better off he’d be.

Ironically, it was Elysia saving me, the sounds of my bitter bell; in my head are the soft words of a rhyme taught to young herbalists, a tale of an idiot boy and his encounter with a fire dragon. It was a useless story in which a male was the center of the tale, and so I had paid it little mind as a child or a growing woman until I’d purchased Purrhos, who often sang small refrains from such tales to remember what knowledge lay in the song.

As I canter across the earth towards where I know strawberries to grow, my mind sings the words to the rhyme in my head:

Purple bell, white ring,
strawberries in summer green;
one for the soul,
two for the holes,
lacquered with healing paste.

Skýlos is off in a different direction, knowing from words I’d shouted as I came to a landing to search for the elder flowers, a circular collection of small, white flowers that should be easy enough for even such a fool as an adolescent dog.

It isn’t long before I find the strawberries and they dangle loosely from my lips; they are mostly grown, not as sweet to the pallet as one might prefer, but it will save his life and so I spend little time looking for branches to please his tongue rather than his well being. The sound of my hooves fills my ears as I dart towards the center of a clearing, seeking fully sunlit regions and the tell tale vibrant purple of the comfrey.

I find it as Skýlos barges through the grasses, teeth clenched down on far too many stems of comfrey than I’ll need.

I smile, not having enough time to spare her any words before I’m back in the heavens, the sky darkening with the first signs of evening, striking another bitter note in my heart that I will have to return home in the darkness of summer, when storms are almost a promise.

[ OOC: She comes and she goes, lol. If you want to follow her she’s gathering strawberries, comfrey, and elder flowers for this thread to alleviate some of Oberon’s burns; any healers are very much welcome as the herbs aren’t going to fix him, just provide him more time to get to a healer. ]

C e a l e s t i s</style>
who knows how deep the heart runs</style>
Credits
Magic/physical violence allowed to be used upon Cealestis at any time, so long as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
The sky was peaceful; yar, this land was ironically becoming a nice place to live. No rumors of trouble from the far north, or drama in the south, (most importantly no gossip of ill happens from Eris’s rouge clan of misfits.) Everything seemed to be going smoothly along the tallsun breeze as it should-- without strife or worry on my part. I smiled into the wind, allowing its fingers to spread my lips apart. Fina was sleeping nearby at our resting spot, a shapely oak tree that had many gangly roots stretching up from the soil.

Yon sun was starting its familiar descent, painting the sky in many beautiful colors; for these quiet moments I’m allowed to forget the fact that this world was cursed. We lived day by day, waiting, praying that the wolves didn’t come charging our entrance. I patrolled the forests daily, and constantly stood near the border; anticipating trouble that hadn’t shown its face.

The mare I’d seen from previous herd meetings came flying through the air, her intent seemed to be on something other than patrolling around or riding the currents; it was then that I couldn’t even remember said girl’s title. I’d seen her darting off into the woods countless times before, but had never stopped to inquire upon who this sky spirit was, “Long days and pleasant nights to ye!” I called out above the rustling wind, muzzle dipped down, gaze regarding her with a soft smile.

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]