the Rift

[OPEN] Is it the Beginning or the End?

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

I took it upon myself to return to the Throat, not to stay but to give a peaceful departure. The last thing I needed right now was enemies, but I couldn’t stand being the only wingless abomination to slink through those shifting sands. The blue one had made it quite clear of my mistakes and playful tactics to mess with hectors mind. I was here because I felt like I owed him something, if not a sweet goodbye, perhaps even a thank you. Lingering in the sunset as the orange sphere vanishes into a blurred haze of distant ocean; I could feel the cool brush of night sweeping over my shoulders. Mother moon had reached out and kissed the horizon with her light, illuminating shadows in the distance.

It wasn’t a bad place to be, this desert. Those who hold the vibrant feathers, and gift of flight claim this to be their kingdom; their little slice of heaven locked by the oceans waves, its heartbeat a distant roar as they lapped against the sands. I seriously need to make up my mind, is this place good enough to call home, rather am I so deserving of such warmth? I sighed, my lungs rise and lift in a steady motion as daggers crash into the cracking soil at her feet.

Completely shrouded in darkness, the moon as my light I stopped within the Desert, the Dragons throat. What would become of these hours I offer those who took me under their wing, shunned me for my mistakes, and embraced me for what I am? My mind tingled with possibilities, thinking of my venture to the lush green pasture of the lands unknown, but here I am again. Curious to see what they would say should I bid them farewell as I continue my adventures.

A single dagger clawed at the night soil as nature’s winds carried my sent forth into the dragons depths. I relaxed, as I would stay a moment longer in this land to see if anyone would show; should no face appear from the shadows I would be gone without notice, without reason and that would only mean trouble for my future. Maybe I’m worried to much about complete strangers, but I couldn’t stand the silence any longer; painted lips of velvet rust and cream parted in a delicate song. One of thanks, one of welcome, and one of gratitude, the call came as distant yet as close to home as possible. Home if that is what this place was to me- I haven’t seen that yet.

Calmly, I turned away from the Throats gullet, walking to the mouths entrance quietly humming to myself as I hoped, prayed someone would show before I overstepped its bounds into the outlands forever.

Tags: @[Hector] (if you would like) Someone of Ranked to take note of her leaving the throat- or to try to talk her into staying ;)
Word Count: 462
Ooc: Open to Anyone, Make her go or Make her stay. I’m curious to see what happens

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

100%

It was not for lack of interest that they’d not seen each other practically all season. Hector had spent many an afternoon or morning after his patrol shifts searching for her, combing the oasis for the enticing scent of her; the enchanting mysteriousness pooling behind the obscurity of her glacial-blue eyes. He had been taken aback the moment his fire-bright eyes had been set upon her, intrigued and attracted, and all the more when she’d followed him so unquestioningly back to the underground haven beneath the very heart of Helovia. She was though; it seemed, as elusive as the mythical pygmy-hippocamp which seldom graced the shores of their home with its presence. He wondered often if the derisive greeting by the rasher leader- Ampere, who had now been swallowed by the winds of oblivion, had been rather discouraging; pushing Morana to feel alienated and alone amidst them. The stallion prayed not, and hoped always to stumble upon her soon, so that he could draw her clear of the shadows of uncertainty.

It was her darkness though, his own ambiguity when he thought of her, that was so appealing...

As another long shift drew to an end, the vibrant hues of the golden afternoon began to dull and the shadows draped along his thick muscular frame, to lengthen. A gaping yawn fought his strong jaws apart, as he stretched each limb free of stiffness and fatigue. It had been a rather uneventful day. No visitors had fallen across their doorstep this time, and the hot salt-bitter wind as it swept roughly off the southern ocean had caused much of the deserts native wildlife into hiding. For much of his time on guard, Hector had roamed the beach by the bridge to the mainland, building his strength, pushing his considerable weight backwards and forwards through the sodden, sticky sand there. Though he was fit and primed for duty, the stallion’s long legs ached for rest. This downtime quest of his it seemed though was a tireless one.

While the sun began to sink into the red dunes of the west, he paused briefly to refuel; to drink sparingly the clean, crisp waters of the Throat and sample the tart, overripe fruits still embellishing their lush paradise. He was never one to over indulge, his flanks bore not an inch of excess fat, and he wasted little time fussing over the food sources available. Soon he was stepping along the worn track away from the lake, making haste between palm tree copses; searching with sharp, ravenous eyes for the female he so craved to see. Night fell swiftly though, and Hector felt again the sting of his fruitlessness. Why could he not settle his need? Frustrated, he spread apart his enormous wingspan. The light, warm wind gathered beneath and he lurched forward as powerful haunches uncoiled, lifting between thrusts into the eerie embrace of the moon’s pale glow.

In bursts he swept towards the north, passing hurriedly across the rolling, blurring hues of the night-washed realm below. In the hours to come he would need to work again, but his thoughts writhed, his restless, exhausted body could not relax. Beneath him, the black expanse of ocean upon which he would resume patrol materialised, and just east, the strip of land binding them to Helovia stretched away north into the shadows; to the mainland. Suddenly a call was borne onto the wind around him, a taste lacing it that sent instantly his heart reeling downwards; his body plunging between tucked wings.

She was there, haunting song filling the night, caressing the strain of his listening ears, and this time he would not miss her; this time, he was there beside her, like a moth to a flame. "Morana..." He crooned softly, sliding his copper frame around her until he sat square at her front. "Where are you going so late?" It seemed only natural that she, one of mystery and of concealment would travel only through the cover of darkness; he was hardly surprised, but also unwilling to let her slip from his grasp now.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Hidden Account
Candy

Continuing to sing quietly to myself, I marched forth into the darkness. Emotions were a strange thing for me; I have never really felt anything before aside from anger. I’ve studied the way herds seem to interact with one another, the way partnerships are formed and how wars are created. And yet, as I would appear calm and collected I am actually felling what some would claim to be sadness, being lost yet again in the world. And under the twinkling heavens, a blanket of darkness is all that masked me; blending me in with the oblivion of night. It had been eons since I had taken a life of someone so deserving, to feel the warmth of their blood shimmer down my legs and lips of velvet. There was something so satisfying about slaying the wicked- but what did that mean I was, a monster?

Why couldn’t I be born like them. I inquired to myself, knowing my mother’s thoughts would swoon my mind momentarily. You were born pure, my child. Hybrids once in a while birth one like you. One like me. How unfortunate. It only made me more envious, to feel like one of them. To hold the power of flight or wield a blade upon my brow; instead you got this simple, yet complex being that wears neither appendage. Though I appeared lean and beautiful, on the inside I was something completely different.

Drums beating through crisp evening air snapped me back to reality as a voice so chilling caused me to freeze in mid step. I relaxed at the tone, the voice that brought me into these barren walls had returned to me. Nape curved, threads bending with my movements as I turned to the heavens to lock eyes with the fiery stallion as he swooped around before me. What was it, about the way he said my name. So smooth and deep upon his tongue, I shivered with a chill- but it wasn’t from the cooling desert. Crystal pools glowing with the moonlight, beamed of excitement as I did my best to contain my structure. As he collected before me, and questioned where I was headed I remained silent for a moment.

He actually showed, what do I say? Don’t tell him you’re leaving. Almost shyly, lobes laze back to the sides as I gazed upon the handsome stag before me. All his edges and curves, and how he adored the weapons and mastery of flight. A sight for sore eyes, but I had better say something before he begins to wonder. ”Hector” I breathed softly. I’m sure I appeared like a child stealing from a candy store, quiet and unsure. ”I’m just… taking a walk.” I offered with a glint of mystery within my pools. It’s as if suddenly within his presence I had forgotten where I was going. It would be childish and strange to explain to him while I moved within the darkness; I’ve never felt more at home among those with plumes of feathers, and yet I’ve never felt so alone.

Taking a rather bold step closer to the soldier, I elevated my rustic cream crown, lobes flicking forth with interest. She had proved to be quiet illusive but perhaps it was for the best. ”I was worried I had angered you.” I cooed softly, naturally we haven’t talked since the herd meeting, and things didn’t go quite as I would have hoped. Maybe he wouldn’t be mad, then again perhaps this is why he found me this eve- just when I was about to escape.

Tags: @[Hector] (let me know if you don’t want to be tagged dear <3
Word Count: 604
Ooc: I will be out of town starting today, just wanted to get this up for you <3

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

100%

Her enchanting musk rose easily into greedy nostrils and they fluttered madly, testosterone binding his senses, causing his long stride to swagger and stop. The second her song fell from his captivated ears, it was missed and he craved its melody horribly, to drown out the almost suffocating silence as it expanded through the star-speckled atmosphere once more. She was so beautiful, strange, wild, standing there beneath the soft glow of moon-wash. Haunting gaze trapped him, luring him closer, still brighter than the vast blue of a clear summer day; and for a moment he thought he might fall forward- fire-red tendrils snapping audibly behind to balance.

Veci sneered unkindly, none too pleased by the sudden intoxication of his tempted companion, but the stallion failed to notice.

Copper flecked wings jiggled by his flanks, the heat generating beneath pulling sweat to spoil his coat. Hector had been lonely over the years. Couples seemed constantly to form around him, though never had he found any who compared to Daenerys. She had been but a fleeting joy in his life; their children now barely a whisper of fond memory.

The stallion sighed deeply, fervently, tasting the air surrounding Morana and revelling in the brilliance of her charming reality. The sound of her voice, soft and tantalizing drew him a step closer and though the air began quickly to chill in absence of the burning sun, a sweat broke suddenly then across his powerful neck. "Beyond our borders?" He questioned obliviously, concerned only that some harm might come to one so precious outside. In a show of affection, rare in itself, he reached to meet her nose if she would allow it; tangerine eyes passing briefly across the crimson tear aglow by her breast. "I should come!" He bristled before her, flaunting a gloriously crafted physique and raised ostentatiously his enormous wings into a vast stretch. Surely she would feel secure in his vigilant company.

As she came forward, Hector lowered his demonstration, wondering if she would flinch from an advance. He dared not startle her though; so petite beside him, so elusive, willow the wisp. His narrow cupped ears flickered as she spoke again, and his twice-horned face danced left and right as he sought to assure her. "You intrigue me mare." He remarked bluntly, with a soldier’s brutish grace. "What exactly was your plan?" Morana had built for herself an ungainly reputation and many eyes were set upon her, mistrustful and loathing; but Hector had swayed across the line of righteousness for the first time in his life, desperate to figure out the reason lurking in her mysterious mind.

@[Morana]

• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Hidden Account
Candy
Time seemed to stand still as the flame-kissed hellion moved before me in slow motion. Lobes aloft upon my rustic crown as sounds of his breathing filled them. It was in his handsome features that I quickly realized how horrible I must appear. Perhaps that’s why he was gazing upon me rather deeply, perhaps trying to figure out what I was going through, or perhaps wondering where I have been. Being distant was something I had grown accustomed too; even residing within a herd I have honestly never felt so alone. Perhaps It was deserved, that hollowness inside- or perhaps it was simply because it wasn’t in my priority to reach out and bond to those around me.

The closer he came, the more empowered I felt; and yet I wasn’t sure why I was feeling this way. Being pursued in the past was nothing but a childish game, but he saved me from darkness and brought me to sanctuary. Long toned legs shifted advancing a few steps closer to the rustic warrior kissed by the heat of fire. His voice so welcoming and charming to her troubled mind; Ivory velvet lips curved into a gentle smile as he reached out to touch her nose. Don’t get too close. Ignoring my dams voice I lean into his touch with a soft tuft brushing soft velvet against his own plush muzzle for mere seconds before words erupted from his lips.

Startled but unafraid legs remained planted in the warm dirt as the stallion unfilled his majestic wings to full span. How I envied him, his wings and his horns. Why couldn’t I have been born like my blood line projects me to be? I am of Hybrid blood, and here I stand a plane Jane equine. ”I would like that.” I spoke softly, if not fondly of his suggestion. Puzzled as to where I would tell him I was going, I let the thought slip away to oblivion as I tilted my head to his following statement. I intrigued him, and he intrigued me. Perhaps there was something else that lay beneath our rustic minds. A hidden desire, the want to be missed, adored.

”My Plan?” I replied bluntly to his question, unsure of how to answer him. Quickly my mind thumbed through thousands of possible responses, only resting upon one that would be smooth enough to hopefully, let mistakes slide. ”It’s a secret.” I purred with a sly grin, albeit a playful one. Red tear-drop pendant shimmers upon my breast, as the curvature of my neck arched in a delicate fashion. Chocolate dipped cream pendulum flashes against bleached haunches while eyes of crystal rest upon the fire-prince. Nose of ivory reached to brush upon his velvet nose, longing for the touch of another that would not end in pain or death.

”To the ocean?” I inquired, as he did offer to accompany me. There could have been nothing better than a moon-lit stroll, next to the vast open water that was now, probably ten times warmer than when she took her first dip in the winter.

Tags: @[Hector]
Word Count: 561
Ooc: You can either reply here, and then I’ll make a post in the Endless Blue, or you can make a thread there and I’ll reply. Either or! <3

Walking "Talking"
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.

Morana
Image Credit

100%

“...a secret.” she answered mysteriously, grinning, igniting a zealous hope within him and stirring his heartbeat to thunder. A foolish impatience invaded Hector’s horned expression and shining eyes narrowed in response, devouring the seductive curl of her lean, sinewy neck; dancing with the mischievous swing of sleek, untangled mane. So glamorous, so polished he thought; perhaps though, even if she’d been squat, dishevelled or three legged, he might have seen the same. Morana was enthralling, as cool as the unbroken water of their home. He could never have believed her capable of any sinister act, nor should she have been able to reach beneath the superficial ostentation to find the introvert within; once burned by family, crippled by insecurity and desperately trying to find his niche in the world. He accepted her at face value, warming easily to delicate tones and fluttering eye-lashes.

All at once (as though she’d pulled the thought right from the depths of his working mind), the painted mare reached forward again and brushed so daintily her soft white maw, against his supple, dusted nose. His demeanour shifted a little, mellowed. He preferred her this way, untameable, sultry, and chose not to press the issue; pry her apart to find what oiled the hidden cogs of her mind. Hector’s rusty lips pulled open, clear of marbled teeth into an admiring smile. “To the ocean?” she asked, and he nodded promptly, stepping around the attractive slender curve of her simple, elegant, two-toned frame. He’d not visited the far eastern coast of Helovia for many years, and had certainly never crossed-country to find it. "Allow me." He gestured with a dipped skull and inwardly coiled neck for Morana to move first, and then clenching ambitiously his folded, flecked wings to his flanks, the soldier crossed the border to their home behind.

To either side of their rocky, precarious path (that which he stumbled along clumsily having always passed lazily aloft), waves lashed and frothed; whipped up by the clash of the southern heat, mild mainland humidity and cool ocean atmosphere. Hector peered curiously; intrigued by the new, almost primitive perspective he now took. He wondered if she felt his nervousness, albeit dogged and unflinching, but uncomfortable none the less. Long leonine tail flicked sharply backwards and forwards to his rear, and he called out to her, scrambling for a moment to pass. "Perhaps you could follow..." he insisted, brazenly pressing his lips to her bare chocolate shoulder; his fiery eyes closed on contact, but as he muscled his considerable mass beyond her position, they couldn’t help but fling quickly open again. "It’s not a terribly safe crossing." He forced almost a haughty note to lace the words, but his ungainly progression betrayed quickly his inexperience.

[ooc: @[Morana] ^_^]

Hidden Account
Candy
There are no secrets in life
Although he didn’t move nor smile when I answered his question, I was pleased that he didn’t lash out in anger; it was comforting to know he didn’t resent my very being, because it felt as if most did. Secretly my glittering blue depths ravaged his sleek muscular curves, save for the ivory blotches that pattered my skin our hue was nearly the same, though not quite. I relished the thought of a companion, an actual living being to confide in, would it break his heart or perhaps his spirit to know where I was actually going? With the sheepish grin he flashed from his lips, I warranted him a soft smile of contentment. Perhaps on the inside he was feeling unsure of what I had said, but there would be no way of me understanding my own reasoning for attempted theft against the one whom saved me from the grips of darkness. And so, I just smiled, warmly, perhaps enticing him to ease his curious mind- though I was just as curious about him, as he was probably about me.

His tone was liquid liquor to my soft cupped lobes as I maintained a sure fix upon the soldier that stood before me, moving out of the way as I didn’t gaze into the horizon, but followed the curve of his nape. Such a kind, strange gentleman laced with all your shrouds of mystery. Eyes flashed with obvious adoration for his majestic wings as they tucked to his ribs, and then followed his glance over the horizon as careful steps were placed as they walked to the edge of the border. The musty smell of the ocean brushed through autumn threads, rippling and winding around a painted throat while mingling with the crimson tear that danced upon my chest. Lobes tinted in rust turned back against elevated dual toned tiara, his voice once again mustering me, hesitant but curious, I slow my limbs and turn slightly to gaze upon him. Follow? I smirked to myself, pondering if it was him being protective or perhaps the fact of the narrow crossing they were coming upon was just to claustrophobic.

"As you wish." I cooed with a smile, eager to let him slip past so that I might catch a glimpse of his well defined rump. Stallions are all the same, one whoosh of your tail and they’d kill for you. I pondered, wondering why she was talking like that. What had she against Hector? He is Different. I thought to myself, knowing the scoring of my mother’s echo would haunt me momentarily. Are you listening? See? Told you. A grinned inwardly to myself and turned to gaze upon the rustic warrior at my side. You’re just jealous. I breathed roughly through flared nostrils as the lips of the knight touched upon my naked shoulders, how weird it must be to feel these things all the time… whatever it was I am feeling now. I liked it.

I stepped into his touched, slightly. My insides screaming for him not to stop, to not move but within seconds the warmth of his breath brushed across my neck as he spoke again, pushing past me with ease. These emotions you feel are dangerous Morana, they’re nothing but trouble! Pools rolled in annoyance, what on earth was she talking about? I didn’t feel anything.

That I didn’t like.

"Since when is safe fun?" I cooed softly, tilting my crown in a cute curious fashion. Slowly, a steady smile pulled and curved upon plush pink lips, rustic cream pendulum rippling with the harsh breeze that combed across every fiber of my physique. I was an adventurer at heart; surely this steadfast stud wouldn’t be any different. "Of course, if you’re afraid..." I teased in liquid playful tones. "But of course not." I took a single step forth, lobes flicking back against the wind as lip reached out to nip upon his flank, but recoiling before I could touch; if all he felt was a hot exhale of breath. "I’m sure I’ll be safe with you." I said innocently, stepping up behind him awaiting his lead to the beach – where hopefully after a long hard run we could cool off in the warm ocean waters.

@[Hector]
ooc: sorry for the edit, I made a horrible typo O_O <3

"Normal Voice"
Mothers Voice
Response to Mother

Just truths that lie beneath the surface
Credit