the Rift

[OPEN] Is it the Beginning or the End?

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Continuing to sing quietly to myself, I marched forth into the darkness. Emotions were a strange thing for me; I have never really felt anything before aside from anger. I’ve studied the way herds seem to interact with one another, the way partnerships are formed and how wars are created. And yet, as I would appear calm and collected I am actually felling what some would claim to be sadness, being lost yet again in the world. And under the twinkling heavens, a blanket of darkness is all that masked me; blending me in with the oblivion of night. It had been eons since I had taken a life of someone so deserving, to feel the warmth of their blood shimmer down my legs and lips of velvet. There was something so satisfying about slaying the wicked- but what did that mean I was, a monster?

Why couldn’t I be born like them. I inquired to myself, knowing my mother’s thoughts would swoon my mind momentarily. You were born pure, my child. Hybrids once in a while birth one like you. One like me. How unfortunate. It only made me more envious, to feel like one of them. To hold the power of flight or wield a blade upon my brow; instead you got this simple, yet complex being that wears neither appendage. Though I appeared lean and beautiful, on the inside I was something completely different.

Drums beating through crisp evening air snapped me back to reality as a voice so chilling caused me to freeze in mid step. I relaxed at the tone, the voice that brought me into these barren walls had returned to me. Nape curved, threads bending with my movements as I turned to the heavens to lock eyes with the fiery stallion as he swooped around before me. What was it, about the way he said my name. So smooth and deep upon his tongue, I shivered with a chill- but it wasn’t from the cooling desert. Crystal pools glowing with the moonlight, beamed of excitement as I did my best to contain my structure. As he collected before me, and questioned where I was headed I remained silent for a moment.

He actually showed, what do I say? Don’t tell him you’re leaving. Almost shyly, lobes laze back to the sides as I gazed upon the handsome stag before me. All his edges and curves, and how he adored the weapons and mastery of flight. A sight for sore eyes, but I had better say something before he begins to wonder. ”Hector” I breathed softly. I’m sure I appeared like a child stealing from a candy store, quiet and unsure. ”I’m just… taking a walk.” I offered with a glint of mystery within my pools. It’s as if suddenly within his presence I had forgotten where I was going. It would be childish and strange to explain to him while I moved within the darkness; I’ve never felt more at home among those with plumes of feathers, and yet I’ve never felt so alone.

Taking a rather bold step closer to the soldier, I elevated my rustic cream crown, lobes flicking forth with interest. She had proved to be quiet illusive but perhaps it was for the best. ”I was worried I had angered you.” I cooed softly, naturally we haven’t talked since the herd meeting, and things didn’t go quite as I would have hoped. Maybe he wouldn’t be mad, then again perhaps this is why he found me this eve- just when I was about to escape.

Tags: @[Hector] (let me know if you don’t want to be tagged dear <3
Word Count: 604
Ooc: I will be out of town starting today, just wanted to get this up for you <3

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Messages In This Thread
Is it the Beginning or the End? - by Morana - 06-10-2014, 05:53 AM
RE: Is it the Beginning or the End? - by Hector - 06-10-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Is it the Beginning or the End? - by Morana - 06-10-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Is it the Beginning or the End? - by Hector - 06-18-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Is it the Beginning or the End? - by Morana - 06-18-2014, 07:45 PM
RE: Is it the Beginning or the End? - by Hector - 06-23-2014, 06:43 PM
RE: Is it the Beginning or the End? - by Morana - 06-24-2014, 12:42 AM