the Rift

Desperately Seeking... Something

Petra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Petra distantly remembered the name Helovia, but she couldn't recall in what context. Perhaps someone in her previous herd had been here or knew of it. Her mind prickled at the thought of her former family. She shook her head, trying to erase the echos of the crying voices from her mind.

She saw the mare toss her head, beckoning Petra to her side. Petra fell in step beside her, trusting in her kindness. "Do you ever feel like you want something and don't want it at the same time? I've been feeling that way a lot lately... I just don't know what to do." Kahlua's mind seemed as burdened as her own. Petra allowed the full weight of those words to slowly seep in, considering them carefully.

She had always been different from those around her. Her friends, family, the other members of old herd, so many allowed themselves to be ruled by their heart. Their emotions consistantly taking precedence over their better logical sense. Sentimentality is foolish. Time and again, she saw the fallout that occurred from such irrationality. But by that same token, she too had suffered from her decisions. While she didn't always find herself with disastrous consequences, she quite frequently felt the sting of heartbreak, loneliness, and sadness. There were many times she wished she could be foolish. Just once, allow herself to follow where her heart might lead. For in others, she had seen such a spark of happiness and genuine joy from acting on their passion - albeit brief. She had often wondered what that felt like. Yes, yes I do. There have been many times I have struggled with the same thoughts. I have often found it helpful to seek the advice of others. A different perspective, a clearer mind is sometimes needed. What troubles you?

[ooc: sorry it took so long! got swamped with work :/ people gotta stop dying!]

Petra walking.
Petra thinking.
Petra talking.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-11-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-11-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-11-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-11-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-14-2014, 03:13 PM