the Rift

Desperately Seeking... Something

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
KAHLUA
Smiling as her new friend (everyone Kahlua met was her friend, after all) fell in beside her, Kahlua set them in a direction that would take them out of the woods and into and open field in time. However, had Petra known the childish queen's heart, she would have known that Kahlua was as sentimental as the very best of them. Her whims came from the beat in her chest, no mind payed to the sparks that fired in her brain. If she wanted to run, she ran. If she wanted to laugh, she laughed. If she wanted to spill her heart to a stranger, she talked. Except that living a carefree life had caused a great deal of strife between her and Kaj. When she wanted to shirk her responsibilities and run about the land... well, she trusted in Kaj immensely, but even the painted queen could see that he was not as brilliant as he used to be. Her Stormbringer, her Rock... What had she done?

As Petra began to speak, Kahlua listened to the buckskin with the same intensity she had listened to Evangeline. She had been avoiding learning for her entire life, avoiding thinking with all the passion that she had in her body, but she could not live that way forever. She had come to find that, even if she did not get in trouble, that others looked down upon her for her lack of knowledge and understanding and that troubled her some. At least, it troubled her when she could be bothered to think about it.

A soft breeze and the chirping birds seemed to mock Kahlua as she tried to ponder how much she could tell this stranger, this horse that was presumably new to Helovia, without once again playing the fool. In the end, she decided she didn't care. She was going to say what she wanted. “I'm Queen of the Edge, one of the herds here... And I love my herd and I would do anything for them except...” she paused to sigh again- she was a dramatic but lovable soul, innocent of heart and intention. “Except sometimes it seems like nobody cares that I have feelings too and that I want to be able to leave the Edge and go have fun every now and then, and that I want to be able to do things for myself as well as them, and they all need me to stay home and make sure everything is perfect all the time, except how can I meet my goal of peace in Helovia if I can't even leave the forest ever, and I've got horses I trusted to my council attacking other herds without provocation and mysterious outcast bands trying to take over and I just want a break sometimes!” And so, with one exceptionally long run on sentence that was spoken way too fast, the queen unloaded her troubles onto this gentle girl that she walked with, unashamed at her dramatic display.

OOC| No worries at all, take all the time you need! I'm not usually this fast, you just keep catching me at good times :D
LeadeR
world's edge
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-11-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-11-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-11-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-11-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-14-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-15-2014, 12:44 AM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-15-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-15-2014, 04:16 PM