the Rift

Desperately Seeking... Something

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
KAHLUA
Petra was too kind for Kahlua, too worried about formalities and niceties and respect. Kahlua would have just as soon walked shoulder to shoulder with her as stand a distance apart, but she had learned over time that not all were so keen to huddle so closely to a stranger. All in all, Kahlua did not mind. Just to take a break, to be near somebody who did not call the Edge home and who was willing to listen to her babble about her 'poor me' nonsense was stress relief in and of itself.

And indeed, Petra's kind shoulder and an empathetic listening was exactly what the queen had needed. Even if it was only for a moment, to explode her emotions out into the air and make a complete fool of herself in front of this stranger, Kahlua felt better. It was freeing, to unload her burdens onto another. It was also selfish, perhaps, but the child queen was unaware of any disrespect she had given. Or perhaps she did not consider it disrespect, as she just as soon would have listened to any troubles that Petra might have as well.

“I'm happy.... sometimes. I'm just confused,” she responded at first, not wanting Petra to feel like she did not care for her herd. Once more, it was a game of politics that the queen was not prepared for or interested in playing. “Nothing's too forward,” she added at first. She wanted an open line of communication. Even her friends, her very best friends that she considered family, still hemmed and hawed around her sometimes, afraid to say something that might anger their queen. Why couldn't Kahlua just be a mare? “Yes, I was taking a break, but I fear I've been gone too long... I should head back. You could join me, if you like?” Then she paused, considering a moment, before finishing, “We would pass through a meadow on the way, we could stop to eat. I was so hungry when I got here...” And it was the truth, but also the most polite way she could think of to say that Petra had seen better days. “Even if you don't want to join our peaceful band, we could offer you shelter for a while. Our walls are open to tired travelers.”

OOC| Also, I just wanted to let you know that your writing is beautiful and I love Petra. I'm so glad you decided to join Helovia, I hope we get to enjoy your writing for a long time to come!!
LeadeR
world's edge
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-11-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-11-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-11-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-11-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-14-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-15-2014, 12:44 AM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-15-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-15-2014, 04:16 PM