the Rift

An Outcast's Light Heart

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei turned to face the owner of the gentle voice that had a lilting musical quality to it. It was a voice that you wished to keep talking in order to listen, while you watch the speaker weave their sentences together, enraptured in their musical words.

"It is beautiful isn't it?" Turning back to the nest she continued talking, "It is heartwarming to think that this same pair has came back to this place every year to raise their young. In such a troubling world they are so delighted at just being together. It makes me wonder if the world is really as bad as how we sometimes view it."

A blush spread against her spotted cheeks; she realized that she had said quite a mouthful whenever the other mare had came with the intent to listen to the birds' song.

Rei quietened and listened to the bird's voices rising and falling in their simple although seemingly complex duet. Wasn't most of life like that? Simple; if you had someone at your side.

Whenever Rei turned a year old she was to be presented to the court of the Pure Whites. The silky white horses already considered the events whenever they had to mix with Solids, Painteds, and Spotteds underneath of them and Rei had been incredibly nervous. Her father had gently brushed his wing across her back in a gentle form of encouragement.

"Are you ready Rei?" the fewspot stallion had tenderly guided his daughter towards the entrance of the grand field.

"Ready to shove off, Herlov."

"That's my girl! Clever enough to rhyme my name with something and also clever enough to somehow impress these white," he paused to think of something to rhyme with white.

"Spites!" Rei had delightfully snickered.

She still had not forgotten the sound of her father's laugh as it rumbled deep from his stomach.

She sighed wondering if they would ever take the world on side by side again. Now she was nervous venturing into this new land, speaking with those she had never met before. It would be a great time for his warm presence. Realizing she was probably making an unpleasant face she shook herself as if freeing herself from the heavy emotions. "Let's shove off Herlov." she murmured quietly to herself.

"I am Rei," she dipped her head to the other pegasus "And I apparently talk to much. You may have came to listen to the birds but it seems as if you may listen to me just as much. Possibly even more." She laughed lightly poking fun at herself. "I didn't even hear you coming, you must be familiar with the area. I have been louder crashing through here than what I would care to admit."

The other's appearance was one that told of its many adventures. Several feathers that didn't appear to be her own were woven into the mare's mane. Rei wondered what stories made the items dear enough for them to have been placed on show. She took to quietly creating her own marvelous stories as to how the other pegasus came across the feathers. Rei paid no mind to dreaming up the story behind the missing wing. That was a nightmare.

"You seem like one that could tell many stories about the places you have seen, and the things that you have done. What is your favorite part of this place?" She was thrilled to find herself wherever it was. It was the first time that she had spoken to anyone else since leaving Lytninia. Rei had flown over oceans, and stumbled blindly through deserts; but this was the first place that showed promise."Is he with you?" She felt rather unobservant having just noticed the strange bird that must have came around the same time as the pegasus. Rei marveled at his color as he shifted she glimpsed the brilliant purple shades mixed into his midnight colored plumage.

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
An Outcast's Light Heart - by Rei - 06-12-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: An Outcast's Light Heart - by Africa - 06-12-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: An Outcast's Light Heart - by Rei - 06-13-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: An Outcast's Light Heart - by Africa - 06-14-2014, 05:54 AM
RE: An Outcast's Light Heart - by Rei - 06-16-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: An Outcast's Light Heart - by Africa - 06-20-2014, 12:16 AM