the Rift

An Outcast's Light Heart

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

"Africa? I like it! Feels just right whenever it rolls from your tongue. It sounds as if someone that would be sweet but also as strong as an ox." Rei hoped she had pegged the mare correctly, in this new land it was comforting to find one that she thought she could grow to call a friend. "I think that it must suit you rather well." She tossed her forelock from in front of her eyes and grinned at the other mare, hoping that her words sounded as sincere as they were and not as if she was merely being flattering.

"Well there is no place like home, your heart must be ready to burst at the seams at being blessed with two beautiful homes. Dragon's Throat is quite a name for a place! It just breathes of excitement." Rei winked at Africa, she had a weakness for puns. Any pun at all; from Rei's lips came the good, the bad, and the ugly. Although she finds them all admirably clever.

Seeing the other pegasus consider her questions so thoughtfully made Rei even more curious for the answer and it hadn't disappointed her. Someone's favorite things said a lot of things about their character. Her grandfather's most treasured possession was an old tattered book where he had learned the art of writing. Through partially extending his wing he was able to dip a feather into ink and then brush it across a page in a delicate dance. One afternoon after complaining about being bored he had began teaching her the lost art. After a few lessons and after a bit of listening to Rei's complaints over how difficult it was to learn he had shown her the well worn book. Flipping through it with his nose he talked to her between the turning of the pages. 'Now remember Rei,' swish, 'it is not the steps' swish, 'that you should be concerned with but instead,' swish, 'keep in mind the journey.'. With his flipping of the pages Rei had watched his penmanship grow from what was possibly even worse than hers to that of a confident artist. 'You can witness your own growth through writing. Thus making it one of the most personal art forms. It is why it is my favorite thing to do. I would love it if we could continue doing it together. And they did, she couldn't say no to the gentle eyes that smiled down upon her. From then on her favorite question to ask someone was what their favorite thing about something was. She knew the fascinating replies that the question could leave her with.

It warmed her heart to observe the bond between Silas and Africa. Rei could feel the affectionate laugh that bubbled from Africa's lips dancing lightly around her. "How did such a pair end up so closely bonded?" She hadn't meant to voice the question out-loud she had thought of the question so hard that it had formed itself upon her lips on its own accord. Having asked the question her ears were now two black pinpoints flagging her interest while she eagerly awaited to hear how the creatures both winged, but vastly different had found themselves together.

After a break in their conversation Rei was left to think it all back over picking apart the most interesting moments to keep close in her memory. Minutes passed before she abruptly broke the quiet. "The more that I think of it the more that I wish to see a place that has earned the name Dragon's Throat. Would it be too forward of me to ask you to show it to me?" Rei stumbled over her words while asking the other mare to take her home with her. "I mean only if you are heading that way." She swatted her tail at imaginary flies that really weren't there to bother her. Instead only being irritated with herself for fumbling all over the place.

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
An Outcast's Light Heart - by Rei - 06-12-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: An Outcast's Light Heart - by Africa - 06-12-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: An Outcast's Light Heart - by Rei - 06-13-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: An Outcast's Light Heart - by Africa - 06-14-2014, 05:54 AM
RE: An Outcast's Light Heart - by Rei - 06-16-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: An Outcast's Light Heart - by Africa - 06-20-2014, 12:16 AM