the Rift

[OPEN] Anonymity

Inara Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
i found a bit of the world in a land of nothingness

Beyond the rocky bridge she has expected the desert to open up before her and become a whispering ocean of sand. It did not disappoint, for it was far larger than she had imagined, and it did in fact stretch a long distance away from the two mares under the hot sun for, she thought, a very long time.

Already she felt the uncomfortable heat of the sun boring down on her dark skin, and glances to the sky.

It was a dry day, yet she supposed that every day here had to be a dry day. As the earth moved before her under the illusion of transparent waves, dancing under the heat, Inara is thankful to hear that somewhere beyond the sand was a place they could rest and hide away from the desert’s wrath. “I’m glad there’s more to this place than sand and sun, I admit.” She answers with a little smile, now eager, almost, to find the oasis that no doubt hosted the rest of the herd and was full to the brim of water, food, and shade.

They continued onwards, and Inara started to feel the sweat lathering at her shoulders and back, dampening her skin and darkening her colour. The heat of the desert met her face as she wandered not unlike a brick wall, forcing her to push her nose forwards and try to find her way through the warmth to the oasis that Africa had promised her. Of course, she had thought to believe that the woman was leading her to a trap. She had imagined that the one-winged woman would lead her into the belly of the desert only to leave her there as a sacrifice to whatever gods she worshipped. The thought brings her to push her dark ears backwards, once more casting a cautionary glance towards the dappled mare that lead her further and further into the desert.

Africa spoke and Inara listened, resolving to hold her words and her decision until she had seen that this oasis truly existed, and that she could find a place to hide away from the sun before deciding on staying here or not. It did not take long until she saw the glittering, carefully waving palms of the oasis in the distance, growing more and more solid as they approached until they were soon looming overhead. Their shadows are welcome, and Inara adopts a clumsy, slow step that sees her slowing under the shade and moving quickly between the dark spots. “I thought you were leading me into the middle of the desert to make a supper of me for some hungry god.” the horned mare speaks up behind Africa, unafraid of voicing her thoughts now that it seemed the mare understood Inara for her suspicions.

I will stay and learn more.” She had resolved that it could not hurt to learn more about this place. She had also reckoned that winter would soon be on the way, and once it was, she would be thankful for the desert and the hot sun to hide her away from the cold. “I’m probably pretty useless, but I think lending a hand to fortifiers might suit whatever skills I do have.

@[Africa]
<style type="text/css">#sexiinara p::first-letter { padding-left: 20px; }</style>

Messages In This Thread
Anonymity - by Africa - 06-12-2014, 06:02 AM
RE: Anonymity - by Inara - 06-15-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: Anonymity - by Africa - 06-20-2014, 04:38 PM
RE: Anonymity - by Inara - 06-24-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Anonymity - by Africa - 06-24-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Anonymity - by Inara - 06-25-2014, 11:55 PM
RE: Anonymity - by Africa - 07-07-2014, 07:15 PM