the Rift

[OPEN] !! I Hear Voices [Seance]

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend

The full moon hangs over the Falls, and I find myself entranced by its beauty. The falling water surrounds me, offering the sky's reflection and throwing cascading light in waves across my bodice. I close my eyes, drinking it in, ignoring the chill that permeates my very core; for there is something strange about this night, as achingly beautiful as it may be. There is something in the sky, in the air, in the water, in the light, in the darkness; there is something flickering in the shadows and toying with the edges of my mind. It is there, and I cannot ignore it; indeed, it seems determined to pull me from hiding, to steal my attentions from the blissful cloud of sleep. And so I walk, enamored with the feeling of being a part of something as yet unknown. The shadows reach for me, yearning to lean just a little further and wrap themselves around my limbs, drag me down into the darkness that I have spent so long trying to avoid.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad - the insanity, I mean. Maybe it would be a blessing. Maybe that is why my brethren have allowed it to overtake them, to breathe a new life into their diseased lungs and guide them through the darkness.

Would I miss the light?

I find her amidst a distant cascade of blue falls interspersed with gently swaying emerald leaves. The pond before her is a cacaphony of colours, strange and eerie and not quite real, true colours that can only be seen, not heard. She is stoic and imposing, and I find myself faltering as I slide silently into view, regretting my midnight walk while rejoicing in this moment alone with her. Perhaps my obsession with my half-sister is unhealthy; but I must make amends, however I can, even if it means withholding the truth from her. Even if it means that she can never call me sister. Even if it means I am a liar.

She would kill me if she knew.

"Seele," I say, and it is all the greeting I need. Something about this night, about this mare, commands me to silence, and so I bow my head respectfully to wait.

"Talk talk talk."

Messages In This Thread
!! I Hear Voices [Seance] - by Seele - 06-12-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: !! I Hear Voices [Seance] - by Reizend - 06-13-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: !! I Hear Voices [Seance] - by Elsa - 06-17-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: !! I Hear Voices [Seance] - by Seele - 06-20-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: !! I Hear Voices [Seance] - by Reizend - 07-01-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: !! I Hear Voices [Seance] - by Elsa - 07-06-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: !! I Hear Voices [Seance] - by Seele - 07-08-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: !! I Hear Voices [Seance] - by Reizend - 07-20-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: !! I Hear Voices [Seance] - by Elsa - 07-21-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: !! I Hear Voices [Seance] - by Seele - 07-25-2014, 07:30 PM