the Rift

[OPEN] Pony Express [High Ranking Officials Only Please]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face

"Indeed we do," she says sweetly, harboring no true ill will towards the proud dappled stallion but that he had brought her such terrible news and served beneath the wrong empire. If she had known who had chosen to make children with and he had known what had transpired between the two of them, however, it might have been a much more different view with which she looked upon the floral steed. He had won her affections, as slight as they were, with his words in the snow; so callous was her heart that such a fault as breeding outside the species would eradicate all friendship and kindness she harbored for the stallion.

But it is not so.

She only smiles fondly at the man and less so at his counterpart, still curious as to why the Czar has sent a half broken drunk to her doorstep rather than someone of more presentable nature; it is possible that this is all that resides within his fold aside from the Czarina and the darling Circuta who wears horns, a thought that makes her smile seem all the more true while inwardly it is only mocking of the lack of true power that resides beneath Midas’ rule. It is fine by her that the Falls keeps the weak and that the proud numbers of her kin come to the mountain to serve where they are most valued.

What comes next was something she had assumed from the lack luster committee that had arrived at her doorstep, still drawing her smile into the faint outline of a frown despite her suspicions. The drunkard makes a remark suitable for one as inebriated as he, and so she does not lash out at the stupid state of his brain, but rather lets the single word that slips from the Lord fill her ears and sink down into her belly.

Disappointing, indeed. She had thought Midas was clever, wise; she felt no such things within herself now. It was still true that he had saved her from the dark fate of the wraith, that he had ruled over two people and was loved by those who had come to know him – but he was no less an idiot than Kahlua, no more a great leader than a stream was a river.

To remain neutral… surely Midas knew better than that.

"A pity," she says, "I’d have thought the Czar would have seen the merit of such a friendship as what might have been between us." She glances towards the Lord, feeling her patience wearing thin for this conversation and deciding to draw it to a close lest her sour mood infect the air around them. "It was pleasant to see you again, Ciceron, and to meet… you,” she adds with a glance towards the unnamed vodka toting bicorn, "I wish you well in your journey home."

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pony Express [High Ranking Officials Only Please] - by Illynx - 06-24-2014, 12:06 PM