the Rift

[OPEN] devotion

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

Without the sharp eyes of Rathunax on her side, Nayati was vulnerable to old habits and fears. From behind a cheerful voice called a greeting, and the scarred child nearly jumped from her skin, shying away only for knees to lock in terror at the sudden appearance of the male. It was too much of a shock, and her mind was a jumbled mess of panic, attracting the attention of her bonded. A draconic cry echoed over the trees as the crimson serpent descended rapidly from the sky, circling Nayati protectively only to land upon her withers, growling deep in his young little body. Fire and brimstone eyes were narrowed upon Quilyan and Zarina, only for Nayati to choke out a command to stop him. The dragon paused, stifling his growls, but obeyed with an angry tinge to his emotions. Not uncommon, with how grumpy the little dracon could be. Finally able to concentrate on Quilyan's words, the spotted dame shuddered and unlocked her knees with a valiant effort, turning to face him hesitantly. Ruby eyes flickered from pale eyes to snout, not having the bravery to maintain consistent eye contact. Alone, with Rathunax her only company, she could relax and be braver. But when confronted...she was drawn back into her old habits. They were shameful, and she despised her own weakness, but she could do nothing to break it.

Fear was far too effective a teacher. The wicked scar on her side was testament to that.

"G-Good morning," she murmured meekly, giving a tentative smile. Grasping for the strength to remain in his presence, already ashamed and embarrassed by her reaction to being caught off-guard, she hears Resplendence's soft words echoing in her mind as they often did when she was scared. Reassuring her, wrapping her in a blanket of love and understanding, protecting her from the world of horrors outside her mind. Resplendence was the only one she had left, and every word the mare had spoken to her had been committed to memory, to help her through dark nights and panic attacks. "It is you, my sweetest, that matters. It is you that can create beauty so easily. And these wounds are what make you perfect, my herbs will do little more than make you a bit stronger for the wear - it is your love that pulls you through." Taking a deep breath she briefly closed her eyes, drifting into the warmth of the ghost of Resplendence at her side, conjured to help keep her strong, to give her meaning for the blur of days that passed in her lonely life. The words the tender dame Nayati considered a mother had spoken when they'd first met, the ones that allowed her to sleep on nights when her fears threatened to keep her awake another night. "I'm not going anywhere."

"My apologies, sir Quilyan. I was not paying attention, you startled me." Her words were soft but sweet, sincere in every way as pale lashes parted to reveal her deep crimson jewels once more. Finding her strength, she smiled a little more and flicked her ears, trying to remember her times with groups of others, working to save companions dropped to earth by the Gods. Her words had been soft and sure, then. She drew on that experience, and stepped a little closer from where she'd leapt away upon his arrival. Softly laughing away his apology for intruding.

"Truly, we were just enjoying a stroll ourselves. My name is Nayati," she offered, smile turning shy at the revelation that someone wanted to know her name at all. Rathunax purred happily from her withers, alerting her this time to the approaching body that was preceded by a similarly colored dragon in the air. Surprise made blood eyes widen, shock coloring every feature as Resplendence came running towards her. Moving in turn towards the femme she considered a mother, the two collided in a gentle embrace unfitting the description. Rathunax leapt from her withers at the last moment, allowing Resplendence the room to gather Nayati to her canvas, the spotted youth returning the embrace eagerly. It seemed she didn't need the memory of Resplendence's words, the fates had gifted her with the woman herself.

"I...yes, I am," she choked softly, still shocked to see one of the few people she still had left in her life. Words left her, rendering her mute and smiling uncontrollably, shy and reserved as her version of excited smiling could be. Happy tears glittered in ruby eyes, overwhelmed to have Resplendence returned to her.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
devotion - by Nayati - 06-14-2014, 01:11 AM
RE: devotion - by Quilyan - 06-14-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: devotion - by Resplendence - 06-15-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: devotion - by Nayati - 06-23-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: devotion - by Quilyan - 07-01-2014, 10:51 PM
RE: devotion - by Resplendence - 07-14-2014, 03:24 AM
RE: devotion - by Nayati - 08-12-2014, 03:00 AM
RE: devotion - by Quilyan - 08-22-2014, 09:17 AM