the Rift

[OPEN] devotion

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

Distance cannot calm her startled demeanor, and in horror she realizes that it might be too late, that her panic attack might set in before she can get a grip on her stability. Were it not for her mother's words echoing in her head, she likely would have dissolved into it, and the tiny amount of pride she felt at rescuing herself from that precipice was nearly tangible for a mare that believed so little in herself. Rathunax was meanwhile content with glaring fire and brimstone at the mongrel on Quilyan's form, sparks flickering in his open maw at her chittering. Nayati swallowed her fear and bumped her maw into his chest, causing him to growl softly and clamp his jaws closed, leaping from her skin to circle them high above instead. Her smile is weak and understanding as she shyly looks up at Quilyan. "I should apologize for the manners of my own as well. He is very protective." It's a strong front, not quite fake but definitely a barrier to keep herself from the weakness she didn't want to admit to housing inside herself. She was shameful as it was.

Smile strengthens in small increments at his words. "The pleasure is mine," she assured in her lilting, euphonic voice. As if encouraged by her lifting, hopeful mood, her flowers bloomed around the pair in growing mass and breadth. They are interrupted by the sudden appearance of her mother, and Nayati hides in her skin and lets herself begin to tremble. There is no need to put up a front for Quilyan when her mother is there to shield her both visually and physically. Murmured words help calm her growing, rapid breathing as soft lips brush away the ghost of tears that threaten to reappear. "Just you," she amended with a pathetic whimper of a vocalization, for to the herd she was but a ghost. Her flowers held more presence in their lives than she did.

Her mother's smile is beautiful to behold, and Nayati casts a tremulous one of her own. The prospect of the walk, alone with Quilyan, had nearly been too much to bear. But with her mother at her side? It was far better an idea. Soft muzzle pressed into her nape, and she turned to hide her face into the canvas of Resplendence's chest, the chain of her necklace new but not too much of a bother against her cheek. "Of course, mother," she assured, eyes lifting to Quilyan tentatively before expression shuttered and they dropped to the earth once more. Separating was nearly a divine task, with how reluctant she was to part from the only soul she trusted and loved unconditionally.

Rathunax huffed, and she amended herself to please and include him. But as she took a deep breath and stilled the knocking and trembling of scarred knees, she managed a hesitant smile. "Maybe you can show me around? I haven't gone far past the borders in my time here," she proffered nervously, fearing to insult or pressure the stallion in their midst with her suggestion. Anything to ease the anxiety from her shoulders, for though her words were serene it was all but an act. Of course she had grown, as evident with her experiences with Vadim and Alysanne, but it was not a perfect system and it faltered with every new unseen shake to her foundations. The one advantage she had that Resplendence did not was her ability to seem undamaged, unshakeable. It wasn't something she considered an advantage, personally, however.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
devotion - by Nayati - 06-14-2014, 01:11 AM
RE: devotion - by Quilyan - 06-14-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: devotion - by Resplendence - 06-15-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: devotion - by Nayati - 06-23-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: devotion - by Quilyan - 07-01-2014, 10:51 PM
RE: devotion - by Resplendence - 07-14-2014, 03:24 AM
RE: devotion - by Nayati - 08-12-2014, 03:00 AM
RE: devotion - by Quilyan - 08-22-2014, 09:17 AM