the Rift

Poll: Vote for one of each of the topics (check three boxes total!)
This poll is closed.
Aurelia: Hold Trial
23.33%
14 23.33%
Aurelia: Maintain Banishment
11.67%
7 11.67%
Basin Alliance: Yes
15.00%
9 15.00%
Basin Alliance: No or Maybe or Need More Thought
18.33%
11 18.33%
Asylum Alliance: Yes
8.33%
5 8.33%
Asylum Alliance: No or Maybe or Needs More Thought
23.33%
14 23.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[OPEN] Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Miykael
"Since when does holding a trial mean that we must welcome the individual in question back into our ranks with open arms?" he asks, finally emerging from his location on the outer edges of the clearing. Most had gathered by now, though a cursory sweep of the group told him that at least one was still missing - Alysanne. Dear, sweet Alysanne. If she did not make it to the meeting, he knew he would have to go look for her - even if she didn't really wish to see him after all they've been through. Miykael had come when they had called but he had placed himself on the outer edges, a silent observer if you will. "Trials are not held with the sole intent of redeeming an individual. It will allow us to potentially hear her side of events. Should we happen to believe anything she has to say, we can determine a fitting punishment. Otherwise we can make her aware of her banishment and its' terms." Miykael believed in fairness but he also understood that mistakes happen. He does not condone anything that Aurelia has done but he also doesn't know most of the story.

He had only just returned, after all.

The small zephyr, snuggled into her little nest of mane and feathers just above Miykael withers, cheeped softly then returned happily to sleep. She needed her rest, the youngling - they would feed again after the meeting adjourned. "The alliances, I feel, need more thought. I haven't seen many options for alliances here in Helovia but I confess I haven't searched beyond the three known herd lands outside our own. From what I heard when I arrived here, it does seem rather peculiar that the Basin would even consider an alliance." he pauses, as though searching for a possible reason that the unicorns could have had a change of heart. "To accept their alliance could put us at risk - I cannot deny that it could be a ploy - but to deny it could also put us at risk. There is no easy answer but perhaps we should investigate it further instead of simply writing them off?"

His question, he felt, was a valid one. After a brief moment of silence, he continues. "If we are willing to send a small party to investigate the Falls and Asylum, then perhaps we should be willing to consider sending a small party to the Basin as well. I will go to the Basin, should we decide on that particular course of action." He does not hesitate. Doesn't even flinch, though perhaps he should. Miykael has heard of the unicorns' overall racism but he cannot help but wonder at this strange turn of events. Things can change or perhaps there is a greater threat to all of Helovia - something that has even the Basin seeking alliances. Perhaps they are privy to information from their God that the Edge is lacking because their Seer position lies stagnant and empty. Whatever the case may be, Miykael hoped for the best possible outcome.
i just want to believe in you and me
Image Credit
Table coding by the lovely Sevin <3
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Hamaliel - 07-04-2014, 05:02 PM
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Miykael - 07-04-2014, 10:47 PM