Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

{the stormbringer}
every day I'm cast away, a vagabond
battle born
</style>

There is a war waging in enigmatic azure irises, and the golden stag watched each battalion march and clash and fall in succession as her silence broke like daybreak and from it came a tremulous beginning of a thread that was woven into an entire blanket of existence. A story, a tale of her life, and the lives intertwined. And though he had no words to give her, he granted her his ears and all the open-minded patience he could muster. Did not flinch or stare at her oddly for her confession of dark alignment, nor older crown mimicking the one she wore in present before him. If Kaj were to ask of her the attempt to change her viewpoint and her heart, he would grant her nearly everything donned upon her lips begging realization. If listening to her explanation was the first step he'd waste away a thousand days tending to her past with eager aurals and quieted lips.

As such there is nothing verbal to greet her on his behalf as she wades closer with the sound of disturbed water accompanying her movement. Instead he turns to face her better, attentive; allows her to love as close as she desired, keeping his own limbs motionless to ensure she could decide her own boundaries. Listened. Even as her voice grew shrill and dangerous with anger aimed at an older era, another generation, he did not shy away from her escalating voice. A subtle drop of his head, minorly submissive in hopes to bolster her into a stronger mindset, was all he allotted. He didn't quite understand why she took the example she clearly knew was wrong into her own experience, why she held such similar thoughts on love and romance when her anger and injustice was a conspicuous sign that such a way of thinking was wrong. But he would not push her any further, fearing he would cross some sort of line when her state of mind was already fragile with the multitude of intense problems they'd encountered in a singular day.

Whomever her father was, Kaj deemed him one of the worst kinds of fellows, but he kept his face carefully pliant and open for the same of the distraught fae across from him. Speaking only when she slammed to a half mid-sentence, some sort of dawning realization Kaj couldn't access spreading through her delicate, lurid features. "Their mistakes do not have to imprint themselves upon you, Kahlua. I hope you do not think me capable of treating you as your father did, but I will honor your reservations. Thank you, for trusting me enough to share such details with me." Euphonic lyrics were soft, encouraging. Sincere. For he would take the information and hold it close, attempt to use it to grow closer to Kahlua, better understand her.

So when her tone gentled and her words slowed, mind returned to the present after a waltz through the shadows of her past, Kaj offered a tiny understanding smile, only dampened by his exhaustion both physical and emotional. Her retreat was unhampered. "I understand. I will give you as much time as you need." Summoning his courage he stepped forth to tentatively brush muzzle across her forehead fondly. Inhaling her scent to hold with him in her absence before tearing himself away with sorrow and understanding dancing across azure irises. "I hope you will find peace, no matter your answer." And so he released her from her chains, retreating to allow her to walk away from him, to find the answer he feared would not be the one he desired.

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kahlua - 06-21-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kaj - 07-13-2014, 04:41 AM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kaj - 07-24-2014, 06:28 AM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kaj - 07-30-2014, 02:42 AM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kaj - 08-13-2014, 06:10 AM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kaj - 08-22-2014, 10:30 PM