the Rift

[PRIVATE] Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
The gentle understanding that he offered her, the sweet silence and knowing eyes as she told her story... Oh, the Sunshower appreciated it more than she could know. And though he did not understand how this past has shaped her the same way that his past has shaped him, Kahlua thought it was more than enough that he could just stand there and accept what she had to say after all that this day had cast upon them. First they had been bathed in the scorch of fire and death, then doused in the wickedness of the World Eater, then drowned in the torture of the meaning and intricacies of love. Still, their hearts were strong. Together they would live to weather another day.

His silence was as soothing as his words were and she was glad that she had been able to tell her story without interruption, her way, without questions, without straying too far from what she had meant to say about it. All she had grown up knowing of love was that it was a thankless job and though the rational mind might declare the past a folly, a terrible mistake, a wrong-doing of great magnitude, the heart could not be convinced so easily. Still, when Kaj finally did speak, his words could not have been better spoken. His heart and head were mysteries to her, but mysteries that contained only the greatest of wisdoms.

It was therefore that she accepted his touch willingly, his nose upon her forehead, the warm breath of air tingling her skin as she pressed softly against him. She wanted this, and she didn't want it. She needed it, but she needed to retain her sense of self. Not yet, she told herself though the temptation was great to fall into his chest and let him have her love fully. She would find her peace, in time, his gentle words feeding her promises that not all lovers also practiced the art of caging. If only she could tell him that now. But false promises were no promises at all, and what if her heart couldn't find the road it needed to lead her from this blackness. No, better to stay silent on the matter. Soon, though... her heart could not stay buried forever.

“You'll have to tell me the story of your home sometime,” she finally said as the silence had begun to drag on. “Find Res, heal yourself,” she suggested gently as she ultimately found her hooves moving away, towards the little copse of trees she called home, the safety of their branches where she could be alone. “I'm so sorry Kaj, I just... I just need to think.” She echoed her earlier sentiment. “But we'll talk again soon, I promise,” she ended. That was one thing she could promise, for what was a kingdom with a divided crown?

As her form retreated into the trees, she sighed softly and gave one last longing look to the king that she had proclaimed her love for. Why was it that her heart demanded a chasm between them? If only... There were so many if only's...

OOC| Kahlua out <3
Kahlua
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kahlua - 06-21-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kaj - 07-13-2014, 04:41 AM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kaj - 07-24-2014, 06:28 AM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kaj - 07-30-2014, 02:42 AM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kaj - 08-13-2014, 06:10 AM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kaj - 08-22-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: Broken Hearts Heal Different [Kaj] - by Kahlua - 08-23-2014, 12:59 AM