the Rift

[OPEN] strangers make the best confidantes [Petra Welcoming]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua was used to the quiet manner of her companion. So many newcomers, it seemed, were so overwhelmed to have finally found a home or so tired from their long journey that they did little speaking. It was why Kahlua had taken it upon herself to take charge of their conversation on their way home. Not that she minded at all- the painted queen was naturally a social butterfly and an extrovert. Interacting with others recharged her batteries, gave her fuel to keep going through all the moments when she had to stand tall by herself.

After she called out, the queen turned to give a reassuring smile to her new friend and thought quietly for a moment. Ruske's call awakened her from her tired, syrupy thoughts and she whispered softly to Petra just before Ruske's arrival. “I don't need another friend that tells me what I want to hear... You can always speak freely in my presence.” For some reason, the painted queen found that she trusted this skinny stranger already. Perhaps because she was Kahlua and that was what she did, but perhaps also because Petra reminded the Sunshower so much of herself when she had arrived here. But her whispers were the truth. She needed more herd members like Eva, who were not afraid to tell her when she was being an idiot. Even if it hurt her feelings sometimes... it was for the best.

“My friend,” she smiled brightly, nodding to him. She had only met the stallion a few times, but like everyone else in her draconian woods (except maybe Aurelia) he gave her great pleasure. “This is Petra.” Nodding the pair inwards, Kahlua directed them all towards a section of shade where they could stand together. Although she had not noticed Ruske's discomfort, the hot sun on the black parts of her own pelt was uncomfortable in its own right. As the next question was not for her, but one that she was actually rather interested in the answer to, the queen turned herself towards the buckskin woman and awaited her answer.

@[Petra] @[Ruske]
OOC| To Petra, I'm sure you figured it out already, but we work on liquid time here so once you feel up to it you're more than welcome to have multiple threads. You're limited only by your time and ability to keep threads in some sort of chronological order (in your head, they can be whatever order you want in the boards) :D

Kahlua
THE SUNSHOWER

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
RE: strangers make the best confidantes [Petra Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 06-21-2014, 02:19 PM