the Rift

[OPEN] strangers make the best confidantes [Petra Welcoming]

Petra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Petra listened with polite interest while the stallion spoke, her ears alert and focused forwards. She could read a mix of emotions as he talked: a moment of pensiveness when his ears turned back, a disconcerted grunt, and wandering eyes and silence. The dark stranger seemed conflicted to Petra. Her empathic sensibilities and instinct to comfort reared their head, but she judged it best not to pursue a line of inquiry in that regard when they had only just been introduced. It would have been the height of rudeness, especially given the presence of other company. The lightly colored mare instead tucked the observation away to ponder on later and continued with the conversation at hand.

She visibly bristled at Ruske's offhanded comments about death and dying. It took not a small amount of willpower to shut out the memories that came bubbling to the surface. Still, she could almost smell the rotting stench of decaying corpses, mired and unmovable, baking beneath the sun. She flared her nostrils and deeply inhaled to wash away the imagined fetid odor. Petra could not comprehend ever being able to discuss such a topic so indifferently, and wondered how it was that the stallion could.

The unicorn's speech came to a natural pause, and Petra gently stepped in to fill the silence. “Goodness, a medic born on the field of battle. You must have stories," she said sweetly. "Unfortunately I am not aware of any innate talent I may or may not possess for healing. However, it is an entirely noble calling and I am more than willing to take instruction or hone any skill the herd would find useful,” she replied. It was an honest and true statement. Petra wanted to be useful above all and would pragmatically acquire the necessary abilities to become so. “And as for peace...Well, it is all I have ever known.” Mostly.

Petra walks. Petra thinks. Petra talks.
Image Credits: swillowness.deviantart.com, almondjoyy5.deviantart.com. Manip by PinnacleStudios

Messages In This Thread
RE: strangers make the best confidantes [Petra Welcoming] - by Petra - 06-25-2014, 08:24 PM