the Rift

[PRIVATE] Still learning to love, just starting to crawl

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
She takes a single step towards him when he struggles to rise but it manages to elude his attention. Perhaps because he is so entirely focused on not falling back down or perhaps because he had written any such movement off as a figment of his imagination. His optimism and longing gaining the better of him; his heart feeding him illusions, images of what he secretly wished would happen. Miykael had never seen Alysanne this way, so surrounded and guarded by walls. Walls that, although he had never witnessed them within her before, seemed coated with poison for him and him alone. A poison that he so highly deserved. A blockade to keep her safe from him. Had it not been for the fact that she had sought for him, he would have breathed a heavy sigh of relief at the notion.

But here she was. Here before him and it really didn't seem as though she had stumbled upon him by chance. This was no accident. That much was clear, but then why she had come searching for him? Perhaps she wanted answers, perhaps she wanted him to undo what he had done. A sigh trickles past his lips and as much as he desperately wanted to lower his gaze, retreat back into the crystal caves and hurl his broken body into the treacherous crystal spikes - he couldn't bring himself to move. He couldn't will his legs to do anything except shake in weakness from the lack nourishment. He couldn't hide himself any longer, couldn't keep to himself and expect her to leave him be.

Her words are sharp but heavily laced with a sadness that could've shattered his heart if it were still whole. It hadn't been whole for several seasons now but he couldn't bring himself to be upset by that fact. 'Sorry for what?' her words weigh heavy on his mind, crushing his soul beneath every boulder she piles upon his back. As much as he longed to apologize for everything, he couldn't bring himself to do it. Miykael gazes into her eyes, his blue gaze moistening with tears. Tears that he couldn't bring himself to notice anymore. "Sorry for what I said, for lying to you and for causing you pain," and a pause, "but I cannot apologize for taking those memories." Those last words were strong, resolute, and oh so hard for him to say.

Miykael had hurt her more than he could have ever imagined. In the moments that pass, the silence between them deafening, she turns her head away from him. That subtle gesture pained him more than anything else ever had. It was as if a mountain had been dropped upon him - turning him into a pile of blood, flesh and bone dust. Her gentle, soft and quaking voice interrupts the silence. The moment had come. The moment he had been expecting and dreading all at the same time. "I owe you that at least." he whispers, holding himself back from rushing to her and holding her tight. It was unlikely to provide her with any comfort now anyway, despite how unbelievably difficult it was for him to resist. With a soft sigh, he begins. "Back in Nocturne, you and Iona ventured into a cave and... and you were attacked." a pause, silently pleading with her that it would be enough. The dunskin tobiano knew deep down into the depths of his soul that she wouldn't be satisfied with just that.

"It was a demon, Aly. He beat you two down, physically and... mentally. Planted images in your minds. You were heavily wounded when I found you by the lake. I healed the last of your physical wounds but Iona sought me out later. She said you were so plagued by nightmares you hardly slept anymore. She couldn't stand to see you like that. She came to me to see if I could help you since I had helped you before and she knew... she knew what I was and what I was capable of. She nearly begged me, Aly." his voice begins to quiver and he pauses, swallowing hard to force the lump from his throat and squeeze back the tears again. "I only took away what he had done to you. Everything I did... everything that I took away...everything was done out of love. From Iona and... myself." Here he allowed the silence to sink in. He avoided the details of the attack, predominantly because he didn't know them all that well but also because he felt they were unnecessary. All he did was place the memories in a metaphorical box and lock it up tight. His blue eyes watched her a moment longer before they dropped to the mosses growing beneath his hooves. "I never intended to hurt you, Aly. Never."

There was nothing left to say. Nothing at all.

say something, i'm giving up on you
i'll be the one, if you want me to

Image Credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still learning to love, just starting to crawl - by Miykael - 06-24-2014, 04:45 PM