the Rift

[OPEN] Chiming Bells [JOINING]

Blightghast Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The gold clasps at the tips of his mane and tail chimed to some mismatched melody. His coat normally black in the shade hinted brown as the sunlight glared down from between the tree leaves. The knives upon his head glimmered dangerously, which made them good poking sticks if he got caught in a jam. His steps became a little sloppy as he grew tired of this trek. I guess he realized what the others meant when they said it was the 'World's Edge'.

His mind wandered back to his homeland and he was almost tempted to turn around and find his way back. Perhaps tomorrow he would, or the next day... maybe. His eyes did not wander towards the white mare nor did he feel like exchanging words very much, if she wanted to speak to him she would surely say something. It must have been getting late, or was it still early? He didn't know, time had long disappeared along with his motivation.

The scar along his right eye ached a little and it always hurt when he was tired or worried. Or both. In this case it was probably both. 'How much longer is this going to take?' he eagerly wanted to ask but his lips did not open for him. Besides, if he spoke now he would probably end up having to speak more which he honestly didn't feel like doing. He assumed he would have to greet and introduce himself to a bunch of herd members as soon as he stepped into their territory. Perhaps he should start rehearsing what to say?

But what was there to rehearse? A simple 'hello, my name is Blightghast' would probably suffice.

"talking" 'thoughts'

words 286
tags @[Brisa]
ooc anyone can jump in I would just prefer if Brisa replied first~

table by Vossity

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

After leaving the threshold rather hastily after such a drama filled meeting the white mare was so glad when the crumbled remains of their wall came into view within the trees. Inhaling a deep breath the smell of salt was prominent carried along by the ocean breeze, she was so glad to be back. Glancing over to the unicorn who followed along beside her she couldn't help but be grateful he did not complain about her slower pace. Being wider than most trees and heavy on her feet was tiring especially when walking distances were involved.

Picking her way over the chunks of glass with expertise she finally drew up near the cliffs edge. Below the sunlight sparkled along the rippling waves before they crashed into the cliffs wall with a splash. The water was a brilliant turquoise complimenting the many other colours the season brought with it. Enchanting yet dangerous, one needed to be careful not to fall victim to the mystery of what lay beneath the surf. The painful memory of Antheia jumping to her death resurfaced briefly before she pushed it away. Both Kahlua and herself had been devastated over the loss of their friend, it had happened before their eyes and yet they could not save her. A soft sigh followed before she turned her blue eyes to the stallion. " Well here we are, this is The Edge. If you decide to stay with us, i'm positive that no one would be opposed to the idea" She commented with a friendly smile.

"Everyone here can chose to take up a job such as a warrior, healing, crafters, and all sorts of neat things. Its not mandatory but its beneficial to all of us, you have your choice. Not that you have to decide now or anything." Trying to explain how things worked were not in her strongest skills but she figured she might as well cover it vaguely, others were bound to show up and they could go over more details if Blightghast was interested.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Kahlua], @[Blightghast] •• NOTES: Sorry For the wait ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Unregistered

A brilliant glass barrier came into view as he and the white mare approached what seemed to be the border. His eyes dropped to the ground where chunks of clear debris litter the ground. He raised his head to view the wall in it's brilliance but was met with disappointment as the crumbled remains of what once was lay before him. The shards around his feet looked dangerous enough and Blightghast took great care to step delicately around them, unsure if his efforts worked he would have to check his hooves later for remains.

The sound of water met his ears and they flickered forward in surprise. He had almost forgotten this was in fact the 'Edge', and his excitement peaked as he leaned forward to glimpse the ocean before it was in view. His eyes widened as he watched the waves fold over each other and then inevitably crash into the rocks below. The smell of ocean filled his lungs and the aroma of salt pricked at his senses. Blues mixed with greens, yellows, and oranges danced as the sun played in the water.

Widening his lips into a smile he heaved a sigh of contentment and glanced over at Brisa who had been concluding their journey. Blightghast listened as she noted various expertise he might be interested in. He reminded himself that he was probably not going to stay very long even though it all seemed very tempting. Besides, nothing she mentioned seemed to perk his interest very much. "Are there any other jobs?" he asked curiously, he secretly hoped there was something interesting that would give him an excuse to stay.

"talking" 'thoughts'

words 274
tags @[Brisa]
ooc --

table by Vossity

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Swift legs carried the mare away from the meeting. A gift upon her herb garden? She couldn't imagine what it could be, but she would have to check it out soon enough. However, first she would check all the borders. Valiance lifting off of her back in an easy swoop before taking to the skies above her and starting towards the sound of other voices.

Gentle orbs followed her red companion before breaking into a trot in order to keep him in view. And, when the pair finally stumbled across the others at the border. Too late to hear the words exchanged Res simply allowed her audit to perk up. Nervous tendencies taking back over as her limbs trembled a little where she stood.

Black. Gold markings… Multiple horns… that's all she could think. Too much like the one who had killed Rowan. But, it wasn't the same one. He was too lanky. Forcefully, she tried to push the thought from her cranium as she allowed her voice to crawl out, quiet and humble. "Brisa, hello! I see we have a new comer as well? Might I be of help?" No desire to offer her name, rank, anything. She wants to know who he is before she does anything else. After all, isn't knowledge the most important thing. And, when one is in someone else's herd land they did not have the right to knowledge off the bat. Was it bad, really? Maybe she just finds it harder to trust now…

TAGS: OPEN
MUSE: pretty good - spread though
NOTES: Res can accept 'cause she's tier II
An she'll answer any questions y'all ask about ranks, etc.
Also might be slow as I have almost 30 active threads now |:

Image by Mockingale
Table by Moonstone Designs
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Curiosity as to the stallion's reaction to her home drew her blue orbs to his face. She watched his eyes flick briefly to the ruins of their wall before the crashing of the waves turned his attention elsewhere. The smile that the ocean brought to his expression said it all very clearly. Her own smirk turned her lips as a feeling of contentment settled around them, she was glad that after everything the poor stud had gone through in the threshold he at least got to enjoy some part of his day however minute it was. Taking a moment of her own to simply enjoy the crisp breeze stirring over the water she watched the birds gliding overhead.

" I told you the view was quite spectacular." She joked gently reaching out to touch his shoulder gently. She wasn't sure what exactly had made Blightghast chose to come back with her but she was appreciative for the company and conversation. It was enough to take her mind of the oh so joyous pregnancy symptoms. As if the bloating, weight gain and strange mood swings were not enough she also had felt as of recently her teats swelling painfully and the increased movement of her child. Changes were coming, she could figure that much out without knowing much about the topic.

She was about to respond to the black and gold's question when a familiar face appeared and her soft lyrics touched her ears. " Hello to you too!" She commented brightly with a friendly smile as she greeted Resplendence. There were not all too many that she did know here within the Edge but those that managed to stick within her mind she never forgot. " This is Blightghast, we met in the threshold and I offered to show him our home. He was hoping to rest here for awhile and possibly stay longer." Casting a sideways glance over to the stud she hoped to confirm what she said was accurate and to his liking.

"You might be better at explaining the different jobs then I am as well, if you have a couple minutes that is." Adding this she nodded shifting her weight between her feet once more. There was just no comfortable position to stand or to lay anymore, it was starting to become a hopeless cause.

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Blightghast] Resplendence •• NOTES: <3 No worries :) ••

-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Unregistered

'I told you the view was quite spectacular' a light touch brushed against his shoulder and his thoughts were cut short as he resumed his attention on her. Blightghast's ears perked forward briefly, females didn't normally touch him, especially morbidly pregnant ones and it felt a little weird. In his experience pregnant mares were moody and unpredictable and talking to them felt like nothing short of pulling teeth. He supposed though that if he were carrying an over sized package of flesh and bones around he would be cranky too.

His mind wandered a little and he momentarily ignored whatever was happening at the moment. A voice halted his thoughts and he gazed towards the noise of the newcomer. Another female graced their presence and he didn't want to admit that he glanced at her belly too to see if she was carrying as well. Being around all these mares does something to a guy, he wasn't sure what exactly but it just did in his opinion.

She was just a little thing, much shorter than he. Her coat was awefully pale and her mane long and dyed at the tips. Her eyes shimmered gold and- is that an ear missing? A little squeak echoed out from his vocals and he immediately cleared his throat to avoid any suspicion of his surprise. Unfortunately he wasn't paying attention particularly well and he just caught the last few words of what Brisa had been saying about staying longer and whatnot. He nodded his head in agreement before realizing he probably just agreed to stay longer than he intended.

"what she says is true" he confirmed a little hesitantly. His voice was deep and husky and in comparison to the sweets he was standing before he probably sounded like some weird beast from the deepest abyss. He shifted around uncomfortably before turning his attention back to the pale peach colored mare.

"talking" 'thoughts'

words 320
tags @[Brisa] @[Resplendence]
ooc --

table by Vossity

Resplendence shuffled her weight, managing a weak smile to the other nurse as she responded with her hello. And then, she went through the introductions of the one who was standing beside her. Eyes continually shot around, taking in each inch of his frame - trying to ensure that it was not the same horse who had killed her best friend.

A deep breath in and nod of her head as she said Res might do better at explaining the jobs than she was - if Res had a couple of minutes that was. She supposed she could. The only words that left his maw were that what Brisa said had been true. So, as she cleared her throat she allowed a few words to fall from her lips. "I am one of the two Moon Doctors here. We are in charge of the well being of the herd and I take care of a herb garden which we are taking care of here. We have a Glazier - Dragomir - who is in charge of creating many of the lovely items found around here, and then we have our Spector, Quilyan, who gathers information to aid us in decisions as well as protecting us from those who wish to steal from our herd. We have two newly appointed Generals, Archibald and Ktulu, and they are in charge of our fighters, making sure that they are ready in case someone wishes to strike on our peaceful herd or our allies. All of the fields are growing, with plenty of different ways to shine. The crafters can make almost anything they can think up, and the spies and warriors should be starting to do things to hone their skills. However, we are also looking for a new Seer after a rather… unfortunate turn of events. The Seer is one of our higher positions and definitely revered. For, you see, if the Moon Goddess likes you enough, she will take you under her wing - she will come to your call when you speak to her in the mists and reveal information to you in order to help the rest of us. It is one of the most interesting positions and can be the most helpful if used correctly…" There was a pause as she looked over to Brisa, realizing she had probably babbled on for far too long.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Come this way, we will rest near my Garden and continue chatting there so you are not tied up here at the border with all this shattered glass," she said before turning on her haunches and beginning to lazily trot over towards her precious herbs. "If you have any more questions, I will do my best to answer them."

Image by Mockingale
Table by Moonstone Designs
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Patiently waiting for each of the others to speak she listened to what each had to say. She was thankful for Resplendence showing up when she did considering there was no way she could have remembered the names of everyone in charge of what. It was more likely that she would remember them by their faces instead of by their names, gosh she was horrible at names. Though she was starting to get better at them, she thought trying to remain in a positive mindset.

While Blightghast was preoccupied listening to Res speak she took the chance to examine the rings that seemed to be through his ear, from a distance of course. How had he gotten something like that? Did it hurt? The clips holding chunks of his mane and tail seperate were the next thing to catch her eye. They were odd looking, why would he want them in his hair anyway? She loved having her hair long as it covered her face when she needed it, plus the feeling of it whipping back in the wind was strangely soothing. Maybe she was the weird one but whatever it wasn't as if she had not expected that before.

As the garden was mentioned she turned her attention back to Res just as she turned to head towards its location. She was guessing they were to follow? Damn she really should learn to pay attention more instead of getting sidetracked by shiny objects. Turning a friendly gaze back to Blightghast she motioned after Resplendence before she stepped forward. There was no way she was moving faster than this, she would get there it would just take her a couple extra steps. "See I told you she would know a lot more." She commented lightly to the stallion hoping that he would follow.

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Blightghast] •• NOTES: Blah not my best ••

Unregistered

His ears perked forward as he listened to the small peach mare explain more of the positions than Brisa had. Her knowledge seemed endless as she named at least one for each position and then some more. Eyes wandering away from the conversation he gazed upon the shattered glass. He did not want to seem rude and he quickly glanced back to the long haired mare. His mind began to wander unintentionally and he struggled to keep interest. ' we are also looking for a new Seer after a rather… unfortunate turn of events.' his orbs glanced towards her in a slight curiosity and he wondered what sort of tragedy had taken place. Was this 'Seer' position dangerous? Listening to her explanation he came to the conclusion that it was some sort of leadership roll. Surely a new comer like him would not be considered for such a position and he pushed it away from his options.

Finally, a pause. Blightghast shifted his weight over to his other side. He felt like he didn't really have much to say. Making items, useful or not wasn't really his thing. Fighting wasn't either but he could if he had too. Gathering information seemed like something a little more up his alley but he was still unsure. His attention resumed back towards the peach mare as she mentioned her garden and resting somewhere in the vicinity of it. His eyes glanced downwards at the glass before gazing to Brisa for a moment. 'See I told you she would know a lot more' his lips curled into a weak smile acknowledging what she had said. Delicately stepping over a piece of glass he began to follow the mares to this garden sanctuary.

tag; @[Brisa] @[Resplendence]
words; 290
ooc; soooo sorry this took so long ;___;

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

tabini!

a silhouette and nothing more is all that's left behind

The two were quiet as they trekked closer to Res's garden. Only about a sentence from Brisa and nothing from this Blightghast. Valiance stood tall in his stance near her. The way that his wings puffed out and he ruffled his feathers he was not happy that no one had really spoken much. So, Res allowed her eyes to look over the two once more as she stops at the edge of her garden. Eyes turn towards Brisa, taking in the exhaustion she must be feeling.
"Grab some licorice root if you need a boost after your long travel, Brisa," she offers, motioning her head toward her herb box and then looking back towards the unicorn.

Gentle eyes take him in as Valiance rests upon Res's withers, letting out small trills.
"So, what do you think you'd be interested in, especially if you are thinking of joining us like Brisa says. I'm sure I can get you someone to talk to if you don't choose the healer path," she explains, shifting her weight as Valiance lets out a small chirp. The dragon was quite antsy today, probably because Res still wasn't sure if he was the one who had killed Rowan or not - the image having gone a little fuzzy with the specific markings.

Perhaps they would have another healer. Perhaps another warrior. She wasn't sure if it really mattered, as long as the Edge was getting stronger and they had ways to find their family members again. That, really, was all that this little dun wanted.

@[Brisa]

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
When I'm ready to fall
With love

At times it felt as if she was more a penguin than a horse with all the wobbling around instead of walking. Then again what more could she really be expected to do when the giant bulge prevented her normal range of motion. Geez how did penguins manage to do this all day and not be tired out by it. Following behind the other two she eventually made it over to Res's garden only after being a little winded. Admiring the growth of the many plants she couldn't help but feel a little pride knowing that she had helped to plant some of them with lots of help from the others. The feeling of accomplishment was a satisfying one that she wanted to feel more often as it was visual for all their hard work paying off.

"I might just take you up on that, thank you." She replied with a grateful smile as Res reminded her of the many helpful things that their plants could do. Licorice, now why hadn't she thought of that earlier. Maybe moving just took too much of her energy that it left the helpful thoughts just out of reach she mused with a chuckle. With a sigh she turned to go in search of the Licorice needing a little boost to keep her going. As she nosed through their stockpile in search of the Licorice she decided to test her identification skills while she was at it. Moving one off to the side she studied it for a moment before she gave it its name before returning to the pile to chose another. Finally finding what she wanted she picked up a couple leaves carefully between her teeth before pulling them into her mouth to chew on.

Enjoying the flavorful minty burst of the leaves she ambled up alongside Res to listen to the rest of the conversation. Turning her nose briefly to Valiance in greeting she turned her gaze back over to the black stallion she had brought here. He had not spoken much since their arrival here, was it just him being shy she wondered. Shyness was well known to her so she decided to go with that theory for now.

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS:@[Blightghast] •• NOTES: -- ••

Unregistered

His eyes gazed carefully over the fallen crystal on the ground and any other hazards that might prick him. Stepping cautiously he did not realize that they were nearing the garden. Shifting his gaze upwards he averted his steps and moved to the side in order to avoid a collision with a tree. Blightghast stops as the peach mare halts herself. 'Grab some licorice root if you need a boost after your long travel, Brisa'. His eyes wander over to Brisa who accepted and nosed around the mysterious pile of herbs and other such things. 'So, what do you think you'd be interested in, especially if you are thinking of joining us like Brisa says. I'm sure I can get you someone to talk to if you don't choose the healer path'. Blightghast pondered the thought for a moment and referred back to his original plan which was to just pass through.

"Spector seems interesting" he replied. The creature on the long haired mare caught his interest as it chirped and made noises. He watched it curiously gazing away every once and awhile so it didn't seem like he was staring. Blightgast felt a little bad for not saying much through their trek and in all honestly he really didn't have much to say. He realized his quiet aura may be intimidating or questionable but his observant nature was far more powerful than the outgoing side of himself.

tag; @[Brisa] @[Resplendence]
words; 250
ooc; --

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

tabini!

The grey mare wobbled her way towards the herb box and then took a mouthful of the Licorice which Resplendence had offered her. She gave one of her meek smiles before turning back to the quiet unicorn. At least the laugh that left the mare's lips was a bit more of a comfort to her than before. And, with Valiance in his usual spot against her withers she felt a bit more at ease than before.

It is but three words which fall from his lips in response to her question. He doesn't seem to speak much - far more preferring the shadows over the company of others. That, really, was a trait that she would not be able to understand. How could something like this even allow for sustenance? It confused her, but she wouldn't stop him from joining their ranks. ""I'm sure Quilyan would enjoy speaking with you then. I believe he is busy at the moment, but I'm sure you'll be able to find him not long from now." she explained before carefully beginning to pull the weeds up from the ground in her garden, Valiance taking each discarded one and placing them in a pile inside a ring of rocks they had recently moved there. ""Please, do, go make yourself at home." She instructs, before glancing over at Brisa. ""You need to rest, all the exertion will do little for your health," she says, doting over her fellow herd memebrs as per usual. Oh, how glad she was to actually have a family under her wings.

Basically thread is done :P
He's officially a member too!
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love