the Rift

[PRIVATE] Familial Ties [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The heat of Tallsun was chased by the coming of night, such sweet cool air blew across the valley, filling my wings with a southern ocean breeze that pumped strong from a distant sea. I chased the moon into heaven, catching her brilliance across flesh and feather alike. Fina soared on ahead, her narrow frame contrasting the pale light with a brilliant sheen of holy flame. It wasn’t long before our vacation from home brought us closer to the Ancient Rotunda, a place I’d not visited since the selection of our latest Legatus.

Wings slipped toward my barrel and I slipped into a loose spiral that tightened once ground drew near. Gaze observed the bottom with wary curiosity, this haven was awfully close to the diseased land we had given up for lost. Fina dipped low, circling the canopy and fluttering to and fro like a firefly between the thicker portions. Through her eyes I caught glimpses of a forest floor and the sounds of a trickling stream that widened into an uninfected pool. “Safe.” She murmured, with the utmost satisfaction and confidence. I dipped between the trees, angling to avoid brushing past the overhanging limbs and making unnecessary noise.

Sundipped feathers closed and Fina slipped down to take on a mouthful of pond water before gliding up to alight across a nearby branch. Lightening bugs darted back and forth across the pond, glittering in the air with their beautifully random patterns that made absolutely no sense to my equine mind. A looming shadowy structure was off toward the right, but before a single thing could be uttered or accomplished I realized that this place wasn’t as abandoned as previously thought.

A soft chuckle filled my mind, “Surprise!”

His scent was familiar, all too familiar for it to be infected with that sticky liquid smell, “Apollo?” I ventured, hesitant but hopeful.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-17-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-23-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-02-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-19-2014, 08:42 PM