the Rift

[PRIVATE] Familial Ties [Midas]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And is it Worth the Wait, All this Killing Time?

Where as Apollo hesitated, Midas did not. The painted Pegasus lessened the distance between them with far more grace and poise than Apollo could ever hope to achieve, but in the end it didn't matter. Nothing mattered in that moment save the familiar warmth that was the feeling of his brother's embrace, the feeling of flesh and hard muscle upon one another, and the velvety caress of Midas' muzzle brushing against his own had the overo stallion sighing wistfully, honey-brown orbs fluttering shut in content peace.

The rich sound of his winged brother's laughter didn't go unnoticed, and it pulled a dazed, relieved smile to the Merciful's own dark-tinted lips. How wonderful that sound was, so familiar, so rich, so gentle... Goodness, he felt like a youngster again, but the feeling wasn't unwanted. He would have gladly drowned in such feelings, such bliss, such feelings of safety.

"I'm so pleased to hear that, I was just so worried." Apollo breathed out, winded from the exhilaration of pure emotion that ran rampant through his wayward body. It seemed as though he just couldn't quit trembling! Soulful brown oculars sought out Fina's form once more at the sound of her pleased chirp, and he smiled unabashedly towards the flaming Zephyr, offering her a loving nicker in return. Looking back to Midas, the overo stallion sucked in a deep breath in a pitiful attempt to collect himself.

"No, no... I've avoided that place. It reeks of death and ill-tidings. To think of all of the souls that have been lost there makes me physically ill." It was the curse of an empath, it seemed, to be so in-tuned with the things around the world. Swallowing then, Apollo's eyes averted from the Gallant's brilliant golden irises, shame creeping up the back of his neck. What would Midas think of his self-imposed isolation? A chuckle full of melancholy choked past the Merciful's lips. "Since the fall of the Foothills, I've... I've returned to the Forest." After all, there had been nothing left for the stallion to return to. His home had been destroyed, his herd scattered, their numbers lost, and everyone had gone their separate ways. The Forest had been one the only places where Apollo had felt safe, accepted, and welcome, and so it was natural that he return to the comforting embrace of the trees. "That is where I have been staying, although I have recently received an invitation to join the World's Edge." He smiled at the thought.

"What of you, brother? Is your herd safe and sound?"

Are you Strong Enough to Stand, Protecting both Your Heart and Mine?

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-17-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-23-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-02-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-19-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-22-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 08-01-2014, 02:25 PM