the Rift

[PRIVATE] Familial Ties [Midas]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And is it Worth the Wait, All this Killing Time?

In the many years that he had known the Gallant, Apollo could never recall seeing his peaceful brother so precarious, so uncertain, or cloaked with shame. Honestly, Apollo could only remember one time that Midas hadn't been happy, or at least at peace, and that had been during the Grey invasion of the Foothills, when they had fought side-by-side against the fool Tharos. That had been so long ago... But the deep-rooted conviction that had shone violently in Midas' golden orbs was void, and leaving behind in its wake a timid, unsettled thing.

One of the overo's ears flicked back with confusion, the taste of his own uncertainty bitter and sour on his tongue. Was everything well? Before the Merciful could even open his dark lips and inquire to the welfare of his winged brother, Midas went on, explaining that while he was no longer Sultan of the Dragon's Throat, he was still a lead... A Czar of the Hidden Falls.

For a solid moment, Apollo's honey-brown orbs narrowed with confusion, before they widened with realization. Wasn't that...?

"The Hidden Falls... That's where the Foothills once stood, yes?"

Is that why Midas looked so shamed, like a misbehaving colt scolded by its mother? Was he nervous that Apollo may hold some kind of distaste or bitterness towards him? Accuse him of being an usurper to the throne that was rightfully his? No. No... Never. Never could he be so cruel to his brother, especially when Midas was nothing but innocent.

A small smile began to pull at the horned stallion's lips and he chuckled, the warmth in his eyes returning once more. "Midas... Brother." So often it had been the Gallant who soothed Apollo's worries, and just this once, the Merciful hoped it could be the other way around. "I... I'm happy for you. That actually puts my mind at ease. While the earth there is shaped different and it has been dubbed a new name, the soil is still that of the land that I loved. That is still the same soil that I bled for, and that I have loved... And I am honored that it is you, Midas, who is looking after it now."

Apollo's grin grew and there were no doubts in his mind that Midas would take good care of the land that had once been his home. "If you should ever need anything, brother, please don't hesitate to send Fina to find me." A threat of an attack, a need of a healer, or perhaps just for a chat... All Midas had to do was call, and Apollo would come.

That's what brothers were for, right?

Are you Strong Enough to Stand, Protecting both Your Heart and Mine?

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-17-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-23-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-02-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-19-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-22-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 08-01-2014, 02:25 PM