the Rift

[PRIVATE] Familial Ties [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I could only wonder why my brother had faltered his smile -- shock shinning from the center of his gaze and nostrils widening as if I’d just expressed something rather earth shattering. Were we not kin? Sharing a tie that was every bit as sweet and strong as blood? My smile is warm and reassuring while Apollo sorted through whatever his thoughts might have been, the response is every bit as true to his nature; and for a small moment I hear myself echoing that promise – valuing our friendship and love beyond the constrains of this life. There was nothing to be paid; perhaps this sort of affection was a hint of what Earth felt for each of his children.

Apollo admitted that he wasn’t entirely sure of joining the Edge after all. They apparently sought his skills as a warrior and not a medic, I nodded, understanding how the gentle heart would be strained to stand in a position that didn’t suits his needs. Though my brother could certainly hold his own in a fight – the choice of becoming a full-fledged healer would do greater good than harm. A thing that was befitting his compassionate spirit.

“Helovia will thank ye. I’ve seen countless across the landscape who are often in need of attention – though they lack the strength to seek aid.” How many had I led into Hidden Falls? Their bodies on the verge of collapse and spirits close to rising toward eternal rest.

When he mentioned Earth I smiled wider, understanding the importance and honor of such a quest. Fina chirped in yon tree when he glanced her way, she eyed him with a passive stare that was rare for others I found myself in company with. A question followed, an inquiry that drew forth a moment of silence as I considered a response.

Fina bent her head and started grooming fiery plumes; halfway listening to our conversation, yet typically finding little interest in it. I thoughtfully glanced her way and mused, “There is no words in our language to compare it to; tis like trying to describe sound to a deaf person, or depict a richly colored valley to someone who can't see.”

The smile I wore slowly faded into a considering line, but the heated glow upon my gaze was ever strong as I turned to regard him, “But I shall try.”

“To bond, is to have a soul vulnerable to the touch of a spotless creature; it is the most beautiful and trusting of all magic, without a hidden part that is often sealed from the outside world. The companion knows thee completely, thee weakness, strength’s, thoughts, desires; every corner of the spirit it is bonded to. There is nothing that can be sheltered from them.”

I swallowed, glancing toward the dancing firelight and shimmering willows, “The same goes for them. Ye would be able to know their thoughts and desires, feel their emotions. It is bound tighter than the love of a parent and child, mates, friends and that even of brother and sister.”

“Ye would do anything for that bond. Even kill…” toward the end my words softened and trailed off, as if I’d just stretched my own understanding of a soul bond.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-17-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-23-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-02-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-19-2014, 08:42 PM